• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Cancelled Nelman_Black Artist Application

NelmanBlack

Guide
Guide
Supporter
Credits
XP
Nelman_Black Artist Application

Date Joined
14 March 2020

Jobs and Plot Builds

Darki’s river job (19/03/2020)
My first job was spent digging out a river and aiding in Drao’s stream as well
Link:

Darki’s marshes #1
Block mixing and additional digigin of the larger river on the edge of the marshland.

Mithrilled’s arnorienstreams1 (08/07/2020)
Placing wool and digging out streams/rivers
Link:

Bart Vegetation Culling
Removing and adding additional vegetation throughout Belfalas

Mithrilled’s shrubsss (08/07/2020)
Making shrubs in Belfalas
Link:

Bart Stalactites/stalagmites #1
Making stalagmites and stalactites in the Great Cavern

Bart Stalactites/stalagmites #2
Planning and building of stalagmites and stalactites in the Great Cavern

Bart Stalactites/stalagmites #3
Planning and building a larger column and overseeing minor building of stalagmites and stalactites in the Great Cavern.
Link:

Bart Chamber of Light
More stalagmites and stalactites.

Raffy pvp roofing Job (16/07/2020)
Making wooden and tiled roofing for multiple buildings on a pvp map.
Link:

Mith Burnt River Job (02/09/2020)
Simple river job in the forest fire section of Andrast.
Link:

Maski’s Osgo Wall Job #1 -3
Multiple jobs replacing sections of the walls stone with darker/mossy stone blocks with additional vegetation and dirt/stone (‘boulders’).​
Link:

Mershy Mine Plot #1 (06/09/2020)
First official plot that I have worked on in Mershy Mine doing a small interior of an abandoned cave. This helped me get comfortable with the Dwarven resource pack as it was something that I had never properly touched beforehand. I feel I very quickly got used to the style and produced something I am quite proud of with Mershy’s help.​
Link:

Themed-builds

House of Tulkas (1925, 4, 45708) [Updated: 01/09/20]
As my first Theme Build it was definitely interesting to explore the custom inventory and attempt to build from a quite vague build. My main influence comes from the few references that are on the wikis or on Google, and a style of something similar to a Tuscan Villa/ Mediterranean arena (especially for the roofs). As an introduction to a Build server the concepts of block mixing and spacing was attempted.​
Link:

Finalised the Build by adding interiors and areas for combatants. Additionally adding a stream and 'cliffs' to the remainder of the plot completed the area and allows me to call this build finished.​
Link: (Final)

Lothlorien House (-511, 4, 45885) [Updated: 31/08/2020]
One of my favourite builds and styles since joining the server. Building off of a template and a style that is already in the world was daunting at first, but as I redid the (less than curved,) curved paths and WE errors, a lot of ideas to expand on the circular style came forward. Additions of organic details and extra structures have helped me finalise the build at the time. Furthermore trying to introduce more of the tree throughout the build (seen in the main courtyard) and opting for a lighter colour palette.​
Link:

Minas Tirith Street (261, 4, 46079) [Updated: 30/03/2020]
The first Theme that I was able to primarily start with planning and attempting to entirely copy a build style became an interesting challenge. One of the themes that I have definitely struggled with. WIP​
Link:

Mineshaft (217, 4, - 47228) [Updated: 11/05/2020]
Minor Terrain and Planning. Definite WIP
Link:

Tirith Aear (69, 4, - 48258) [Updated: 25/06/2020]
The first Theme Build in a while where I was extremely motivated to pull myself away from Commoner Projects. Taking reference from the Tolkien Gateway wiki reference I attempted to replicate in MC and make it quite larger than would be seemed to be able to fit in Dol Amroth. Ultimately wanting to challenge myself with the spiralled walls and the terraining. Still WIP as I need to finish the interiors and details for the build.​
Link:

Dale (-416, 4, - 50774) [Updated: 02/09/2020]
After completing the House of Tulkas in preparation for the Artist App, I became motivated to continue with the Theme Builds. Playing into the terrain given the layout of the city figured itself out. For a change in colour and style I opted to use the greyer stone bricks and decorative blocks as a main palette. Moving away from the movie depiction and weaving the Norse inspiration with this. An aim as well to try and introduce somewhat of a Dwarven influence while also having a slightly destroyed/mostly rebuilt feel.​
Link:

Shelob Cave (-2, 4, 50958) [Updated: 14/09/2020]
As the terrain of this build was pretty much complete in the way of caves, I decided to try and replicate in a way the scenes from the movie. I started with the climbing stairs at the bottom of the build which lead into the heart of the caves.​
Due to the intersecting cave system I made the choice to wall off some of the paths and create a ‘one way’ cave path that eventually leads you to the top of the build. After covering two of the cave sections and connecting them I began to build the top of the build to copy the movie in a way of having an enclosed area with a cave housing shelob and the path up to a mini Cirith Ungol. Still a WIP.​
Link:

Additional Builds

Common City -
First instance of a job as Llama asked me to do some block mixing of a city path straight after my tour. Later I moved onto the glacier behind the Common room of which I planned and built. (built with help by Llama)​
Block Mixing - Link:
Glacier - Link:

The Vault -
First big project on the server to build a project in which stores all the heads of the server, in addition to planning, building and aiding in designs, I have created multiple docs and spreadsheets for the project. Expanding to having a library and a city with additional terrain and buildings throughout Minas Calad.​
Planning - Link:
Building - Link:
Minas Calad/Vault - Link:

Mithlondel City Project -
Small build in which I helped Mith with the interiors of three builds, roof designs and construction of a Food Hall.
Building - Link:
Interiors - Link:
Roofing - Link:

Timeless Halls -
Built planning/layout and modular wall section for Timeline build project. In addition to spreadsheets for planning and organisation
Planning - Link:
Building - Link:

Shrine of Worship -
Smaller project which I have mainly planned for now.
Link:

Your Interests
When I started the server one of my first of my theme builds was the Lothlorien House and the style and replication of elven architecture fascinated me with the curved walkways and organic details throughout the build. The Eriador styles also interests me, though I have the most experience with a variation of the Gondorian/Belfalas styles as that is the most common and replicated throughout the project I have been part of in FreeBuild.​

I am extremely interested in the future of the server, especially moving onto the outer regions of Middle earth that haven't been widely covered by Tolkien and have a need for us to introduce inspiration and influence, to build the regions including West Eriador, and especially Nurn and Rhun.​

Though planning and designing a build as well as the interior planning/decorating fascinates me the most and is the aspect of a build that most inspires me.​

Your Motivation
At the start of 2020 I had gotten back into Minecraft after 3 years of not playing, and needed a place to play rather than getting trolled by my friends each day. Aiming to find a place I could build with other people I search the internet for servers that have survival worlds so I could build something awesome with other people. After being disappointed by a load of other servers I was reminded of MCME after learning about it from the Yogscast way back when.​

The second I joined the server I was amazed and knew that I wanted to help build in the project. After a couple theme builds and being active, this server had gotten me in its grasp and from then on I have tried to be dedicated in creating a community and build amazing builds from my favourite author. My motivation is to become more involved with the progression of this server and contribute to expanding the world that is being created.​

This server/project/community has unlimited potential and I really want to be along for the ride. For now I just wanna help as much as I can!!

Last edited:
Update #1 (14/09/2020)
Hey all! Haven't spent much time on the server this fortnight (sadly), but still got a little bit done as I have started with plot builds and being able to work on more jobs, as my sleep schedule went out the window. Additionally I spent a bit of time throughout the past couple weeks working on the Vault and Timeless Halls, behind the scenes more than building.​
Job's/Plot builds

• Mith Burnt River Job (02/09/2020) Link
  • Maski’s Osgo Wall Job #1 -3 Link
  • Mershy Mine Plot #1 Link

Theme Builds

[Of which I have updated and detailed above in the main post.]

*Let me know if this format is good or not as it makes sense in my mind to keep the bulk of everything in the main post.*

Last edited:
Update #1.5 (17/09/2020)

Just a small update as I went back and finished my first Theme Build, House of Tulkas. With a main addition of terrain, block mixing (thanks to Drao) and interiors with just a bit more detail. Ultimately I can say that this is finished and I never have to look at it again :D

Theme Build
  • House of Tulkas Link:

Don’t plan to make these smaller updates a habit but was keen to get an actually finished Theme out there​

Last edited:
Hello @Nelman_Black
House of Tulkas
Interesting exterior, kind of reminds me of Jabba's palace.
- In general the shape/layout is not bad, though could be more interesting. A large building like that should not consist of just 3 structures, rather of a bunch more. More towers, more extensions, mainly smaller ones in between the stuff you already have to make things look more connected.
- Maybe concentrate your mossy/weathered blocks on sections closer to the ground. If you want to go more fancy add a gradient (though not sure how much gradient you can achieve with sandstone textures) You could also experiment with making certain structures look older than others, or just different by using different blocks than on others.
- Try adding more pillars, more smaller rooms... Your rooms are very open and unsupported.