• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Cancelled OddShapedRock's Artist Application

OddShapedRock

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
  • Info
    • Date:
      • June 13, 2020
    • My interests:
      • Style-wise I like building smother un"ruined" buildings that are messy on the inside. A good example of this style of build is many of the Moria houses, so the Dwarvish style is big. I also enjoy making things in a similar style to the Rohan farm buildings. (A small poor building). In my own world's I like to build farmland and futuristic space type builds.
    • My motivation:
      • I want to apply for artist to help continue on the buildings of MCME. There are many places that have yet to be built, and I would like to help build them. I want to be able to not be constantly telling adventurers that it's not built yet, and I want to be able to enjoy a larger variety of places and areas. The thing that motivates me is my love of LOTR, and the fact that I really enjoy building, and the community on the server. I want to get artist even if I have a while to get there.

Note: builds in Categories go from earliest to latest to show the progression from first joining the server.
Note 2: As I don't always have a lot of time, and only recently found out about private warps, my theme builds have been focusing on things like the exterior which I personally want to improve so I specified what I focused on each theme.
  • Jobs and Plotbuilds:
    • Jobs
      • Rogue trial job With Rogue and Bart
      • Cross Road revamp with Rogue
      • Fixing random paths with Commoner Birdo/ooitsBirdo
      • Fixing the osgo wall with Bart
      • Christmas Edoras Mershy
    • Plotbuilds
      • Mershy mine, mine from Rwyland (Rwyland changed a few blocks)- image
      • Mershy mine, sitting area from Rwyland - image
      • Mershy mine, candle shop from Rwyland - image
      • Mershy mine, cafe from Rwyland - image
  • Themed-builds:
    • First-Ever Build on server, FFA Castle (focus custom blocks)- Image
    • Tirith Aear (focus detailing buildings)- Image
    • Tomb of Elendil (none just didn't have time)- image
    • Bag end (Making both interior and exterior look good)- WIP
  • Additional Builds:
    • Artist School
      • Interior Poor and midclass (Worked with HyperNinja)- image
    • Projects
      • Gondolin Statue - image
      • Gondolin Main Gate concept (Only worked on the actual gate part that would open)- image

Update:

things I forgot about-
Laon deer job with Matt
Mershy Mine, mine 2 (couldn't find, couldn't get a picture)

New things-
Dol Caranthan road Job with Maski

Hey oddshapedrock

Artist school
- Never have stone rest on wood! (see sandstone arches + ceiling last picture)
- Try having a different block for your floor and wall (A stone/stonebrick/cobble mix could be nice)

Tirith Aear
-
Way too much contrast, the grey and white clash a lot. Maybe if you use the grey only on the bottom of the tower it would be better.
- In general rather detail elven builds with shape than with adding pointless detail.