• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Real Life Minas Tirith!

Status
Not open for further replies.

meigsmerlin

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
Hi! I'm new here but I thought you all would like to know that a group of architects and structural engineers who are huge fans of Tolkein are wanting to build a real life Minas Tirith in southern England!! They're using a crowdfunding campaign to try and raise £1,850,000,000. If they reach their limit in 60 days, (there are 46 days left) they'll begin production at the end of 2016 and are projected to complete it by 2023. There are perks to how much you donate, like having your name carved into a monument, a free tour, a plaque with your name on a wall of honour, a free night for two, or even becoming a lord or lady of the city! I think this crazy dream should become a reality, so I implore everyone to click on the link below and donate however much you deem appropriate!
Thanks for your time!
-Meigsy

Link to crowdfunding site:

Are you one of those architects or in contact with them?

To be honest, I think this is a joke :p seeing how Minas Tirith is almost the size of London, there would be no place to actually build it anywhere. They even say so in their description:

What We Need & What You Get
Let us break it down for you:

• Please only donate within your means, and in the knowledge that this project is a light-hearted venture with virtually no chance of succeeding.
  • In order to realise this amazing dream, we have estimated our required budget to be in the region of £1.85bn. The vast majority of this expense would cover building costs - £15m for land, £188m for labour and £1.4bn for material. The remainder of the money will be invested in maintenance and public services until the year 2053.
  • We would commence work on Minas Tirith by the end of 2016, and complete the project by the end of 2023.
  • We are currently considering two locations for Minas Tirith, both in southern England.
  • We make no claim on the image or name of Minas Tirith, and will happily cancel this project should any dispute arise over such.
  • If we don't reach our goal of £1.85bn, all pledges will be cancelled and you will not be charged a penny.

Status
Not open for further replies.