• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Resignation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beathaven

Worthy of Mordor
Credits
XP
Dearest MCME-members,

If you want to leave me any honour, please do not make a meme out of this. I beg you.

Some of you may not even know who I am and I do not blame you. I have not been helping on the server as much as I used to. Not knowing who I am is typical of how this server handles some of its' most productive members in history.
For 5 years I have been a part of this community and I have done all of the menial work that for some reasons still exists today. I have dug rivers, marshes and placed grass on the plains of Rohan. I can not deny I did not have fun doing so, because the community was great. I wanted Artist for a long time and when I finally got it, it felt like a great achievement. If I look at the quality of the main building force nowadays, it shocks me. How can a build server have these guys as builders? Take a look at the new Dol Amroth. Nothing makes sense, not even the store names. Ironclad smithy? An Ironclad is a 19th century warship...
And then for current members, who have not even contributed a tenth of what we have done for this server, to declare us as unimportant, and "we dindu nuffin anyway", yes patrick I have not forgotten, is utterly disgracefull. Even how some of the admins have been treated when word got out of a few harmless PM's, is nothing but disgracefull.
Great mistakes have been made in the world, like operation Barbarossa, but none greater than the choice to make memes about other servermembers illegal. This drove away a large portion of the then-active staff. These people will not just stop going on the internet and therefore other servers have reached an age of incredible progress. Make a meme about me, and if it is a good one, I will laugh about it. Make a meme about admins of other server members, and even they will laugh about it, if it is a funny one.
The secrecy surrounding the new projects and the rank stuff creates an unfair hierarchy. Why keep secrets from the people who are going to do the bulk of the building. Why are they not allowed to know what is being worked on "behind the scenes". Other servers function great without a "behind the scenes" behaviour. Quite the contrary, sharing information about what is coming will only increase hype and interest in the server as a whole.
Another thing about secrecy, why are the forums and chat curated? Let people say bad words. You are working against the human nature to say whatever they like and hereby are blocking their creativity as well, which is frankly already low judging by recent, well, results.

I have though long and hard about this, but all these things combined leave me no other option. I have to leave MCME. I resign my important part in the community and do so with a heavy heart. It has been a difficult decision and I hope it does not upset to many of you. You do not need to mourn me, as that would stall server progress, which is already quite low. Please keep smoothing terrain by hand and wasting time and energy redoing cities. This way you keep the playingfield fair to other servers to catch up. Please do not remove this message. This will be viewed as the Bible in later years. The word of god coming out of an ordinary man who just happens to look like one.

Yours truly,

The Great Beathaven

P.S. there should be a captain in there somewhere.

Aight, beat
Though as u said I don't rlly know u, I agry on some things u think, and I dissagry on others.

I think u mainly posted this to raise awareness amongst all player and make these things discussable...

- The slow progress these days is mainly because of school I guess, but there are indeed to few foremen to properly host jobs on the server to give the adventurers a chance to build.
- I don't really understand why u are so negative about doin terrain by hand, with the plot assignement system kinda thing, the smoothing mainly serves as a thing to do when no jobs are running.
- I do agry that talking openly about project ideas and other stuff could help get people hyped. I even want to add to this that there should be communication about these things via planetminecraft and facebook.
- On the other hand, just letting people free to say 'bad words' on the server is not a good idea, cause I think it would make our discord die as well... Also I can't see how this is a form of creativity
- There should be room to make meme's. But if a person says he doesn't like meme's bein made about him, u should respect that. Also note that everyone will react differently on these meme's.

About the other things u said I will not give my opinion, cause i don't know enough them, or think it's not my job to react to them.

I hope u reconsider ur resignation once more...

Greetings Merlin

Can somebody translate this in English please?

Can somebody translate this in English please?
Eagz, what the hay do you think you're gaining by being meen to people like this?
Whilst Merl's english isn't flawless it's very much understandable. There's no need for you to point it out and be mean about it.

Eagz, what the hay do you think you're gaining by being meen to people like this?
Whilst Merl's english isn't flawless it's very much understandable. There's no need for you to point it out and be mean about it.
It's okay ryt, I don't see this as an insult or somethin...

When two ex-staff members who have contributed years of work to the server and one of the oldest members and contributing players get permanently banned over "sharing private messages from admins" outside of MCME networks, something which is not even listed as disallowed in the rules, you know there's a problem. When the supposed head designer thinks that it's a good idea to make fun of a player with legitimate grievances, you know there's a problem. And all this because some anonymous person made a facetious video about recent events on the server? I say it's time to grow up.

The "No memes" rule is ridiculous, it's tearing the MCME community apart and things have to change. I don't know why you want to prioritize kids over long-serving members, but it's a serious mistake for the future of this server.

When two ex-staff members who have contributed years of work to the server and one of the oldest members and contributing players get permanently banned over "sharing private messages from admins" outside of MCME networks, something which is not even listed as disallowed in the rules, you know there's a problem. When the supposed head designer thinks that it's a good idea to make fun of a player with legitimate grievances, you know there's a problem. And all this because some anonymous person made a facetious video about recent events on the server? I say it's time to grow up.

The "No memes" rule is ridiculous, it's tearing the MCME community apart and things have to change. I don't know why you want to prioritize kids over long-serving members, but it's a serious mistake for the future of this server.
Terms of Service and Rules | Minecraft Middle Earth Where does it say no memes?

Ya'll probably only wait for an opportunity to start a fight, but once I will try to clarify things.

Fornad has literally played and deceived me for years. I did not have the factual proof by the time of the ban but I do have that now. He has admitted that himself. This is not in the ToS but it is in there that there may be things that can be brought into the judgement that are not explicitly. And I dare anyone defending Fornad for this one.
Eaglz has done exactly the same thing, just more intensively and for a shorter time. I wanted to value his qualities and get him back for them, I defended him against my serving staff members' opinions which I regret and need to apologise deeply for.
Beat has had his infractions before and it was clearly said that any further overstepping will result in a permaban. He basically agreed to this when he last got unbanned. I spent entire days at university to get him out of the mess he brought himself into, to now be thanked that way.

Meme's are not forbidden on MCME. In the new ToS there is even a specific annotation that states memes are welcome. But what is against our rules is harassing other players, no matter whether the targeted players are offended by it. There is no "used a meme" in the list of reasons that got these three people banned.

I am offended by the claim to have banned these players lightly and without fair reasons. But I can get over it, even without making an offensive meme or a personal attack on anybody.

This is not in the ToS but it is in there that there may be things that can be brought into the judgement that are not explicitly. And I dare anyone defending Fornad for this one.

1. Golden Rule
Please use common sense when joining our community. This document may not list some things that are considered to be prohibited behavior, and that does not mean you can do things that are not allowed in real life. Behaviour that won't be tolerated in the real world will not be tolerated here either. Furthermore some things that are generally acceptable on the Internet may not be on MCME.

Ya'll probably only wait for an opportunity to start a fight, but once I will try to clarify things.

Fornad has literally played and deceived me for years. I did not have the factual proof by the time of the ban but I do have that now. He has admitted that himself. This is not in the ToS but it is in there that there may be things that can be brought into the judgement that are not explicitly. And I dare anyone defending Fornad for this one.
Eaglz has done exactly the same thing, just more intensively and for a shorter time. I wanted to value his qualities and get him back for them, I defended him against my serving staff members' opinions which I regret and need to apologise deeply for.
Beat has had his infractions before and it was clearly said that any further overstepping will result in a permaban. He basically agreed to this when he last got unbanned. I spent entire days at university to get him out of the mess he brought himself into, to now be thanked that way.

Meme's are not forbidden on MCME. In the new ToS there is even a specific annotation that states memes are welcome. But what is against our rules is harassing other players, no matter whether the targeted players are offended by it. There is no "used a meme" in the list of reasons that got these three people banned.

I am offended by the claim to have banned these players lightly and without fair reasons. But I can get over it, even without making an offensive meme or a personal attack on anybody.

This is not true though, is it?
The infractions in question over which I was already punished are in regards to racism. And it was stated that if I were to break rules in regard to this specifally, then I would get permabanned. The evidence you gathered against me do not show me uttering racist comments on anything. They only show me making snarky comments. Therefore the reason to ban me over “talking condescendingly” is complete nonsense

Okay, you're rather the formal kind of person. Good. I checked back and the reason you were banned for the last time, as written in the verdict I posted in your ban appeal is "This judgement is reasoned by:
ToS violation: Terms of Service - section Prohibited Behaviour: "Behaviour that won't be tolerated in the real world, will not be tolerated here either." Violation through using clearly racist statements repeatedly while having been warned by an Enforcer numerous times."

And a bit above that it reads "Un-Appealable ban in case of further incidents of this kind." Talking condescendingly about others is not explicitly in the ToS, but where I live it surely is not tolerated in real life in most situations. So, I guess this one is a further case of this kind, and all is right.

I have seen what Fornad sent you and it's pretty clear that he has serious grievances with this community, but not directly with you until recent events. When you two were trying to merge this server with ArdaCraft (maybe that's a taboo subject considering the poor reaction of people in this community who are too busy harboring an "us vs. them" mentality over something as ridiculous as Minecraft servers), he was legitimately interested in doing so. He told us as much, and we at m3m3team are honest with each other. People in this community insulted him when he tried to improve the server, so he created his own server. He gave the community here a chance to come back together (a move that I was as excited about as you were) and again the community insulted him, and even treated you like an enemy for it. The Delmana saga is what brought him to see this community for what it truly is for good.

Eaglz was betrayed by people he considered friends so I don't blame him at all for still being angry. You want to ban him for not being interested in being a designer again, that's a bit over the top. You ban him because he shared his PM's to you outside of MCME networks with us, that's overreacting.

I'm unaware of what Beat may have done before the latest incident, so I'll leave it to him to explain.

Really? Because it seems to me like they were banned as a response to that Pirates video. I think you got a lot more flustered by it than you'd like to admit.

If memes are the only vehicle for change that exists, then I'm not surprised they keep popping up. This server doesn't need any more people leaving so I suggest we come up with a solution.

I know some of you guys won't care about this, but here it is.

I had planned to make another MCME, as per usual, but after all of this has happened, I've made the decision to delay this edit. The reasoning behind this is that there are sections that are jokes I specifically added to make the edit much more funnier. The edit is a stop motion video of the first MCME Public Meeting if you were wondering

Drama sucks, no matter what kind it is. Youtube drama, school drama, etc. but to see drama on something that I care about deeply is just not fun for me and probably not fun for the person reading this. I've only been here roughly 6 months and there has been much drama in this time. I won't mention what it was for reasons but it sucks. I know this server, at least for me, won't matter in my future. It will just be a little section in my life, but while I'm here and still part of this server, I want to make the most out of it. The edit will release without a doubt, but it will be delayed.

Make a meme about me, and if it is a good one, I will laugh about it. Make a meme about admins of other server members, and even they will laugh about it, if it is a funny one.

What Beat says in true. Memes are meant to make people laugh, not to kill someone's mood in a instant. I will also be cutting back on the meme videos. I've had about 3 of those in the works, and in this period of time on the server, those edits will never see the light of day, ever.

I hope for all of this drama, fighting, arguing, etc. to come to a close soon. And I hope all the staff members and members posting here to make the right decisions.

Sincerely:
Paper_Odin

Status
Not open for further replies.