• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Ruen's Wrath RP Server - Bukkit Technical Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargona1018

Yellow Flower Puncher
Credits
XP
This is a sister-thread to this one here: http://mcmiddleearth.com/threads/ruens-wrath-w-i-p.662/

Hey guys, most of you know me as Darg, Dargona1018, or That Guy Who Hasn't Been Seen In Months.
Recently, due to a friend inspiring me, I chose to finally try to make a Bukkit Server.
It is working right now, other than the fact that I don't completely understand the PermissionsBukkit plugin, nor some of the others. I mean, it makes sense to me, but I don't completely know how to use them.
If anyone is interested [see Ruen's Wrath thread, shown above], I would like to converse about it.
I feel more comfortable talking to someone that I kind of know instead of just talking to Tech Suppport over at the Bukkit website.

So far, I have tried using the PermBukkit plugin for permissions.
I heard the PeX was more intuitive for people who are more comfortable or knowledgeable about those things.
I haven't heard about any other Perm plugins, so I call out to the community for any help.

If any Staff wishes for this to be brought to a PM Conversation, that is fine for me, but I would like to know who can help instead of getting a random PM first.

C. Forums
Along with the social rules, the following additional rules should be followed when using the forums:

1. -snip-
  2. Advertising for other servers or communities on the forums is not allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.