• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted ryttyr's Artist Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryttyr

One Of Us, One of Us
Supporter
Credits
XP
Minecraft username: ryttyr

Date joined:
22 Apr 2014 (actively playing on the server since 9 Feb 2017)

Jobs done: a road somewhere in Gondor, a farmland in Gondor or Rohan, ruining in Moria 2.0 X6 or 7, Dol Amroth moat X2, terrain plot builds X3, streams and riverbed decoration in north Belfalas. Helped both TI and laMoria with their builds in freebuild.

Theme builds done: Minas Tirith house (got sick and couldn't mark it as finished before the time was up), Swan Boat.

Screenshots: Minecraft Builds

Interests: I haven't really built that much in any of the server's styles yet but I think I would like to build in the Rohan, Eriador or Gondor styles the most and I am quite interested in seeing what the Mordor style will look like. As for what I like to build outside MCME it's often abstract structures, historically correct buildings, medieval castles and trying to get as much detail out of the blocks available to me as possible. I am also not that often deterred from doing really repetitive work as long as I can entertain myself in some way whilst doing it. However I have very little experience with building (non vanilla like) terrain or vegetation so I feel like that's something I need to practice more.
I am also quite skilled at editing skins to make them look really good and high quality (and I would probably be able to create entire high quality skins if I ever had the time for it)

Motivation: I'd like to become an artist because I love to build in Minecraft and I really like to help more with this project. I'm only somewhat of a fan of Lord of the Rings but I'm a huge fan of this server and I enjoy every bit I can help with (not to mention the new friends I've made and the stunningly beutiful sights one can see here).

Last edited:
Hey ryttyr,

Thank you for your very well-written app, seeing myself a bit when you write about the repetitive work :D Can be very relaxing!

It's right that you haven't shown very many builds using the MCME pack yet, but as we're anyway approaching an all new pack where everyone has to learn how to use it again I think you're not too much in disadvantage there :p

The other builds you're showing really make it clear how flexible your skills and interests are, definitely something that will come in handy, to be versatile! The interior work of yours, which is vital to know about as Artist, looks a bit scarce in some builds, but in your viking longhall you show that you know how to do just that, so I'm confident you can also furnish an MCME house!

So, long story short I think you're totally ready to become a great Artist on MCME! Congratulations I dare say!

Before you wreak havoc however I'd like you to quickly check out the Artist Manual, if you have not done so already: Artist Manual

Hey ryttyr,

Thank you for your very well-written app, seeing myself a bit when you write about the repetitive work :D Can be very relaxing!

It's right that you haven't shown very many builds using the MCME pack yet, but as we're anyway approaching an all new pack where everyone has to learn how to use it again I think you're not too much in disadvantage there :p

The other builds you're showing really make it clear how flexible your skills and interests are, definitely something that will come in handy, to be versatile! The interior work of yours, which is vital to know about as Artist, looks a bit scarce in some builds, but in your viking longhall you show that you know how to do just that, so I'm confident you can also furnish an MCME house!

So, long story short I think you're totally ready to become a great Artist on MCME! Congratulations I dare say!

Before you wreak havoc however I'd like you to quickly check out the Artist Manual, if you have not done so already: Artist Manual

Thank you very much Finrod, both for the appraise of my work and for accepting me into the rank of Artist.
I know that the interiors of Belastonia Castle is quite lacking but one has to remember that it was more or less my first attempt at making furnished interiors (outside of what's required of an survival base). I honestly didn't think I was going to be accepted with so few server builds and I actually have a few more screenshots from the server that I was going to upload but kept forgetting. I might upload those anyways though.
I have already read through the Artist manual thoroughly before but I will do so again to be up to date and well acquainted with my new responsibility. Thank you once more for accepting me into the rank of Artist and I hope I will not disappoint.

Congratulation dude, If you have a question, fill free to ask (I think you have already heard this sentence :p).
Welcome in the Purple army.

I wish to re-apply for the rank of Artist.
I believe that I am at least somewhat known for being a decent Artist but just in case I also made a collection of various builds I made during my time as an Artist to prove it:

(It sadly doesn't include any of my builds in Moria as I simply can't for the life of me find my way around in there)

Status
Not open for further replies.