• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted Shen's Guide Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Shen

Former Community & Mod Manager
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
Minecraft Username: _Shen

Date Joined: 30 March 2013, returned 25 November 2020

What country are from / What time do you usually play online: United States, Eastern Standard Time (mostly during the afternoon since that is when the most people are on)

Are you regularly on our voice communication? Yes.

Do you talk on our voice communication? I try to, anyway.

What makes a great Guide according to you?
A great Guide is a player who is committed to the community and strives to maintain its positive attitude and growth. They have a strong interest, if not passion, for the community and universe and try to impart that passion onto others, whether it be through events, minigames, tours, or just generally being a helpful and positive person to be around. They’re people that most, if not all, players are comfortable talking to and asking them questions, whether it’s about the lore or the server, because they are easy-going and patient. Maybe they won’t know everything, but a great Guide isn’t necessarily just one that knows everything, but one that constantly grows as a fan and person, adding experience and knowledge to their belt to share with others when needed, and inspires others to do the same.

Last edited:
Hey @xvShen

Thank you for applying for the rank of Guide.

We are in the process of reviewing your application and discussing it. You may be asked to carry out a trial period. This includes running minigames, tours, and events, some of which will be expected to be ran through voice chat on discord. We also suggest looking through the Guide Application helper to get an idea of what to do going forward.

We'll get back to you soon. For now, if you have any other queries, please direct them towards myself, or any of the current guides.

Hi @xvShen

Your application has been discussed and you will be given a 1 month trial period. However, before the trial period starts you must complete a trial tour so we can see how you improve during the process.

After completing the first trial tour, you will have 1 month to demonstrate to us why you would be a good Guide. You have been given the tours badge and minigames badge if you don't have them already. I recommend looking through the minigames manual and the guide manual on how to do stuff.

As per the application guidelines, it's up to you to keep this post updated. Whenever you do a tour, minigame, event or so on, it's up to you to let us know in here and here only. This is the only place we will look at for progress on your application, we won't check anywhere else!

At some point during your period, you will be expected to complete another trial tour as well. Once again, it's up to you to let us know the details of that, specifically the date and time you'd like to do it and where you'd like it to take place. We won't prompt you to complete one, yet it's detrimental to the success of your application. It can be whenever you want, so long as you communicate your ideas over to us!

We'll support you through it. If there's anything you want announcing, in #alerts or #news, let us know in here. If there's anything you'd like the Guides explicitly to be at, then once again say it down below. We'll keep you updated from time to time, with feedback or updates regarding your application.

So over to you, please get in contact with me to organise your first trial tour. Also, please note that trial tours will be limited to no longer than 40 minutes.

Best of luck, and we'll see you soon.

@givet10 and I joint conducted a tour from Bag End to Rivendell at 4:00 PM EST today. I spoke about Bag End and Hobbiton, as well as the neighboring villages of Bywater and Frogmorton, as well as Rivendell, while Givet focused on Bree and Weathertop. Fortunately I remembered to take a screenshot, thanks to everyone for joining Givet and I!

2021-01-10_16.53.12.png

Last edited:
I conducted a tour this morning at 7 AM EST, after some friendly persuasion from @ooitsbirdo . We discussed and explored Osgiliath and its Dome of Stars, as well as Minas Tirith and the Citadel, at the suggestion of birdo. Thanks to @EmeraldArmor63 for the screenshot of us walking across Osgiliath's great bridge, and thanks to everyone for joining me! I hope you enjoyed it despite the yawning!
2021-01-13_13.23.48.png

I hosted a game of Hide and Seek in Fornost tonight at 8 PM EST for some recent Adventurers. We played for five rounds, and many of them were surprised to learn you could toggle sneak with accessibility settings! Though it was brief, I hope it was as a good time for them as it was for me!
2021-01-13_19.50.32.png

I conducted a chill tour tonight at 10:12 PM EST, at the request of JustKillUs and KingWilliam29. They took me for a ride all across Middle-earth, having me show them the Argonath, my favorite location in the main world Pelargir, the most evil place currently built (albeit partially) Minas Morgul, my second favorite location Dol Amroth, and finally Isengard!
2021-01-13_22.46.42.png

2021-01-13_22.43.40.png

2021-01-13_22.42.23.png

2021-01-13_23.05.08.png

2021-01-13_23.26.26.png

I conducted a tour this morning at 7 AM EST, after some friendly persuasion from @ooitsbirdo . We discussed and explored Osgiliath and its Dome of Stars, as well as Minas Tirith and the Citadel, at the suggestion of birdo. Thanks to @EmeraldArmor63 for the screenshot of us walking across Osgiliath's great bridge, and thanks to everyone for joining me! I hope you enjoyed it despite the yawning!
2021-01-13_13.23.48.png
If you haven't gone over the edge than I haven't done my job well enough shen

@ConfusedLlama_ and I joint conducted a tour at 7:30 PM EST tonight, which lasted for two hours. The focus of the tour was the kingdom of Arnor, and how it collapsed into the three petty kingdoms of Arthedain, Cardolan, and Rhudaur, and how Gondor continued to exist and even thrive after its downfall. We went to Weathertop, Annuminas, where we played a game of hide and seek; Fornost, with another game of hide and seek; Lond Daer, Minas Tirith, and finally Dol Amroth, where we concluded the tour with a boat trip along the Belfalas coastline. Unlike the tour with Givet and I, Llama and I discussed each location together, filling in for each other's gaps in our knowledge. Congratulations to RESIDENT_EVIL4 for reaching Commoner by attending our tour!

I conducted a tour for Tour Tuesday, from 2 PM to 3 PM EST. We toured along the southern Gondor coast, where we started in Dol Amroth, then boated to Methrast (where we were tortured raced in Raffy's Parkour) and Linhir, respectively, and finally walked to and concluded the tour in Pelargir. Thanks to @Archimdes for the opportunity, and thanks to everyone for being there! I hope you all enjoyed the tour.
2021-01-26_15.08.26.png

On a side note, sorry for the weeklong lack of updates, I've been hard at work with @_Iru on planning an upcoming event, researching for the Timeline, and revamping the server lore documents!

I helped conduct a drinking tour of Osgiliath and Methrast with @_Iru and @Soars yesterday, that lasted from 8 PM to 9 PM EST- I provided server and universe lore, and a couple of funny jokes. We then transitioned into an avant-garde rendition of the MCME Podcast, where it was hosted publicly in the Events Channel by @mapthor - I was one of 15-20 guest stars, many of who were using their face-cams! The drinking habit from the tour continued into the episode, and it lasted from 9 PM to 11 PM EST. It was definitely one of the most unique experiences I've had in MCME.

I conducted a joint tour with @HoverKing this morning from 8:30 AM to 10:00 AM EST, where we toured the northern and southern Beacons of Gondor and the surrounding areas. I focused on the seven northern beacons, going from east to west, and presented several nearby locations such as Andrew's Castle, Dol Calen, and Dol Caranthan. Afterward, HoverKing focused on the southern beacons, also going from east to west, only presenting the notable ones due to there being little lore for most of them, and us being constrained for time with Haldir's Song Contest beginning soon after. He also showed us nearby locations such as Araburg, Imloth Melui, Tarnost, and his favorite location on the server, just south of Tarnost. Thanks to everyone who joined, and I hope you enjoyed the tour!

I conducted my second and final trial tour of Rivendell at 4:00 PM EST today, which lasted about half an hour. Afterward, I asked @ConfusedLlama_ to open the PvP server in response to several requests for PvP at the end of the tour, and then participated in the PvP for about half an hour. As always, thanks to everyone for coming, and I hope you enjoyed the tour!

Status
Not open for further replies.