• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

Snow covered stone

Kisos

Hardcore MCME-er
Supporter
Credits
XP
Forum Title: Snow covered stone
Filename:
www.mediafire.com/view/7m1nq1enecfv81n/hardened_clay_stained_gray.png
Resource Pack:
Eriador
Texture description:
Snow covered rock. My best attempt from Luckys suggestion
Has this texture already been used?
If not, where will it be used? Nope. Will be used in mistys and maybe blue mtns.
Texture image:
iblU3OvEVXniUN.png

Ingame Image:
imabNdS9vnwI.png

Additional Concept Image:

I think the snow blocks make it look a little off, I'm sure it will look better if you add some variation into it with layered snow?

I think it would look better if it wasnt In the stone, however the stone has curves so that it doesnt look flat.

The problem much rather is that between every two kinds of blocks you have a clear straight division line between texture, and only snow<->stone transition being different makes it look off, other thing is that most textures are pretty plain and uniform and only that block has a more detailed texture. Lastly I anyway plan on using multiple stone textures (atm planned is 3) so it would not work anymore with all of those.
Dont get me wrong kisk, I do not dont want to use it for any other reason than those stated above, even if I would like to use it just to honor your work which I really appreciate.

Perhaps instead of a texture that has this specific use you could create a snowy/rock that doesn't necessarily join up with the top as snow and the bottom as rock?