• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Cancelled Stef1004 Artist re-application

Stef1004

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
Date joined:
May 5th 2015

About me:
Hello my name is Stef1004. I am 19 years old(almost 20 years old) and I live in the Netherlands. I first joined the server on May 5th 2015 and quickly realised that I wanted to become an artist. After a lot of hard work, many jobs and themed builds I finally got promoted to artist in the summer of 2015. I remained artist for around one year, building structures in places like Pelargir, Annunimas, Aldburg and many more. Around may 2016 I had gained more interest in other games and wasn't that active anymore. Also Minecraft started to crash everytime I loaded up the game(for more on that. just check my profile XD). Eventually I resigned. Now 5 years later I fixed my technical and motivational problems and I am back to join the purple legion once again! :D

Jobs and Plotbuilds:

To be fair, I haven't participated in any jobs or plotbuilds since I joined again. I mainly focused on my themed build(s). I have done a lot of jobs in the past though. These jobs mainly included: building roads, rivers and lothlorien vegetation with Eriol_Eandur.

Themed-builds:
Since most of my themed builds are quite old, I'm going to divide them in two groups: 'Stil (somewhat) up to standard' and 'a bit outdated'
I have improved a lot since these builds so I am also going to criticize them myself and give suggestions on what I would change now.

-Still up to standard
Oswall's orchard(243,64,54343): An orchard on a hill with a house
Ithilien camp(-655,64,54161): My most recent themed build. An ithilien camp site alongside a river and a ruined fortress on a hill.
Helm's Deep(-816,64,13733): My end project which got me artist. Even 5,5 years later I am still proud of this one. Could use some more texture and details but it still is a strong build after all this time in my opinion
Amon Hen(81, 64, 13091): Slightly outdated: Could use a bigger mix of blocks in the ruins and more vegetation. Also the cliffside could use work to make it less smooth. Overall a pretty decent build.
Arnorian Fortress(-168,64,15227): This is just a themed build I made for fun after I got artist. Would use a bigger mix of blocks now but a lot of blocks weren't in the game back then.

-A bit outdated
Tower of Tar-Meneldur(-27, 64, 12930): The tower looks great only it doesn't really fit in the environment. I would have placed in a city environment if I had the choice now or at least make it more connected with the environment around it. I was contemplating to put this build in the section above though, because the tower is pretty good.
Framsburg(-153, 64, 12810): My second themed build, inspired by Edoras. The diagonal bridges should be reworked, because they look quite thin and unstable. The roofs of the houses should receive an update too: Make them less straight and show that they have been affected by the weather and maybe add some other textures in it. Last but not least I didn't add interior so that is a major improving point too.
Rivendell
(-854, 64, 12551): My first themed build ever. Eriol_Eandur gave my the advice to make bigger trees, I didn't understand it back then. I understand it now haha. Less but bigger trees should be added. The buildings should also be more connected with eachother just like the real Rivendell, because it looks more like a Rivendell village haha. In the end not half bad for a first themed build. The paths should also be less clear and more rough.
High Moors(9, 64, 12875): This was a concept build back then. Not a bad try, but it looks more like a little river than a swap/marsh.

Additional Builds:
Fasgoleth: This was just a small farming village I made for fun when I was an artist. Probably didn't like the themed build that week and decided to make my own themed build on a singleplayer world

Builds on the actual server:
Village in Lamedon
(2959,64,3667): This is a village I made while I was an artist. It is located in Lamedon in Gondor. I got the instructions to make a nice small, mining village. I also ran some jobs for a couple adventurers for the smaller houses so that they could be involved aswell. I can't provide you with clear proof that I made this village(with the help of a couple of adventurers). _Luk was the designer that gave me the lead and instructions for this village so he can vouch proof for me. I hope he remembers that he gave me the task, because otherwise I will have no other proof XD. Like I said previously, I have made many structures in the world. Unfortunately I can't remember them all after 5 years.

Your interests: I'm going to have to agree with my 14 year old self on this one. In my first application(It's on page 17 near the bottom) I stated that I like to build "human settlements" XD. Human settlements is off course a bit vague so I will specify. My favourite styles are Gondorian and Rohirric. Especially smaller builds where you can incorporate the environments I find really amusing to build(for example the Ithilien camp). I also don't mind the elven style, because it challenges my building skills and creativity more. I have never really liked building dwarven style, not because I am bad at it, but because those builds are mainly inside and with a lot of stone. And like I said, builds outdoor are the most appealing for me.

Your motivation:
The community of the server is what motivates me. It is nothing like any community I have seen before, because there is hardly any toxicity and everybody helps eachother, which sadly enough is very rare nowadays. The community helps eachother grow and is also really friendly towards newcomers on the server. For example: one day someone is just a random adventurer but 5 years later they can decide if your artist application will be accepted :p. source: 'MCME 5th Anniversary, Nostalgia jobs and PVP opening' by Finrod_Amandil on youtube
1611096708843.png

source: 'MCME 5th Anniversary, Nostalgia jobs and PVP opening' by Finrod_Amandil on youtube
But on a more serious note: This community is what truly drives me. The feedback and interactions satisfy me a lot. For me it isn't even about being an artist, it is about a possibility to help grow the server and the community even more. Projects I look forward to help on include movie related projects. I left the server for 5 years and in that time not a lot of movie related locations have been added since the focus was more on revamping older builds. In my opinion we should also move forward and start to add more movie related locations in the near future.

Greetings,

Stef1004

Last edited:
Keep going :p Looks good so far, though would love to see some more different styles from you.