• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Stories for Bookstore

mapthor

Events Manager
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
Hello people of MCME,

I just wanted to let everyone (or the people who look at this post) know that I need stories for my bookstore in Bree. I have already received one story from ryttyr, which is a great story, and would love to get many more. I will also be writing stories on my own so the store won't die out if you know what I mean.

How would one contribute? What kind of stories are you looking for? Must they be original? Or do you want works copied from Middle Earth?

-That1Bard

How would one contribute? What kind of stories are you looking for? Must they be original? Or do you want works copied from Middle Earth?

-That1Bard

To get your story in the bookstore write the story down and message it to @mapthor. The length is pretty irrelevant as long as it fits in a Minecraft book. However it has to be authentic which means:
- No items that would not exist in Middle-earth.
- No MCME player names.
- No conflicts with the known storylines.
(These were the rules of submitting a story back when the bookstore first opened but I don't know if they're still being followed).

I think they wants original works but @Finrod_Amandil once told me that there wouldn't be copyright issues if we were to copy from the original story so I guess it could be ok as long as it is server accurate. I.E takes place prior to Bilbo's 111th birthday and is a story that would make sense to put into print.

@mapthor do you have a way for ppl to submit their stories directly in game too? As in they write their story in game themselves and put it in a submission chest or something?

"Oh, great! That's good to hear!" she says, four months later...
Anyway, I have a few things I've written, and I've been working at copying stories from the Silmarillion to add to the collection, should that be what y'all are looking for. I'll send them as I finish each, if that's okay.

-Emparra