• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Construction Suggestions™ - Issues and Additions

NelmanBlack

Guide
Guide
Supporter
Credits
XP
Bonjour, je'mappelle Nelman... where am I

Over the past couple days I have been running around the server and Fellowship Path, for other reasons and during my travels I have noticed a couple issues that could be easily fixed and some additions that could add to the server.

First off I wanted to quickly run down some issues I found with the Fellowships paths placement etc. Without starting a discussion I am of the camp that thinks the spawn of World should be in the main hall rather than back room as the feet are cramped around corners and hard to follow for being the first thing you see, which has been shown off a million times.

My favourite issue I've found to showcase what I have seen wrong with the path is at the Barrow Downs where the loop into the barrow is not really even connected to the main path, which I've found makes it very missable. The rest I'll do in list form:
  • Rivendell path - from Bruinen path is very confusing and easy to miss
  • Caradhras path - path to the mountain meets at the same spot, also easy to miss (I watched an Adventurer miss the path as I was doing this)
  • Parth Galen - It is a shitshow...
  • Fangorn path - the path from the start of Fangorn splits but ultimately goes to the same spot where it splits later, unnecessary and confusing
  • Isengard connector - Merry and Pippin's path doesn't even connect to the main Fellowship Path a
  • Edoras connector - and finishing on a small one Aragorn's path across the river onto the main road is a tiny bit confusing whether to turn left or right.
A lot of these are easy fixes that Adventurers either miss or find confusing, by adding traffic triangles to situations like at the Rivendell, for example, putting the point at where you rejoin the main path at the Bruinen further down from the place you enter towards Rivendell.

Other points I wanted to bring up are more World building things that bring attention to certain spots that I and others have missed with ease, or just make sense to add.

• Arrows in Boromir's tree, adds more to the area rather than a missable blood splat
  • Boats on the shore of Parth Galen, we have them all the way down the Anduin and here it shows where the Fellowship Path continues.
  • There is not any King’s Foil on the server either south of the East-Road or around the Trollshaws, I feel this a bit of an oversight, but the area south of Weathertop is generally not done.
  • And finishing on a small one again, There isn't any O’l Toby in Isengard….

Finally something that I know has been discussed multiple times but for there not to be a reason to turn around at Caradhras kinda feels cheap and not finished. So I will quickly say that there are benefits to having the timeframe of the server to be as the fellowship sees them. This allows for people to connect with locations better and like Caradhras, allows us to convey the server better.

We already have multiple locations on the that are not part of Bilbo’s 111th birthday, first one that comes to mind is Fangorn, but atleast for the main locations the only place I can see that is truly impacted by this in a large way is Isengard and the general Minas Tirith area, but with what we have for Minas Tirith I’d say it works as is.

Just some food for thought and stuff that has been picking at my brain for a time now. Please comment and call me out lol
xoxo

Ive had some busy weeks and this dropped to the back of my thoughts. Hit me up in discord when you want to implement the sign and some of the footstep changes. The rest is still under discussion but lets take it one step at the time.

Alrighty Credoo and I did a bit of flying around and updated a couple of areas. crossing a couple off the list, but we still have some that are still being discussed and one or two that I think need fiddling or to be better integrated.

So far the list is -
For the paths:​
  1. Rivendell
    - general idea for which direction the path should go has been place, just needs a job or a Team member to clear the area.
  2. Parth Galen
    - Needs more planning. Hope to copy into Freebuild soon
  3. Fangorn Forest
    - Needs more planning. Hope to copy into Freebuild soon
  4. Barrow Downs
    - Done, needs some cleaning.
  5. Isengard/Old Toby
    - The path has been connected and the storage room in the gatehouse has a sign
  6. Edoras
    - Done
  7. Wold
    - Needs a discussion of whether people want this area adding and whether it works with the path we have (too far north?).
  8. Caradhras
    - Soon™

For the extra additions:​
  1. Spawn
    - I believe Eriol is meaning to do this when He is back and priority allows, but still under contention in community
  2. King's Foil
    - Waiting for Vegetation update and discussion of where best to put flowers.
  3. Boromir's Tree
    - Mock up has been made but still under discussion.
  4. Boats
    - I have stated my reason to add them but people don't like the boats in general so this is ongoing.

Hopefully more updates soon

More Updates

I have made mock ups of plans for both the Parth Galen and Fangorn Forest, Fellowship Paths, for what I think is less confusing and easier to follow. I have stated the ideas for the area etc in other comment in the thread so I won't repeat myself.

Both have additional comments and are not final if at all considered to be added. If you want to have a try or just look they are in Freebuild about 1400 blocks north of Nelman_FB, against the border.

2023-08-28_11.06.44.png
2023-08-28_11.06.14.png

Also I have made some images for the proposed change for the Wold section of the map as there have been Fellowship footprints in that area before and the terrain there is a bit more interesting that the plain that you go across otherwise, as well as having terrain that is similar to the movies being memorable.

MCME_WoldPath01.png

MCME_WoldPath02.png

As always if anyone has some gripes or comments to let me know

Thank ye

Worked at it a little and put some more things forward but either got stuck, wasn't getting traction and with the changes at parth galen just got a bit iffy