• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Cancelled Supercat_14's Artist Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supercat_14

Guide
Guide
Supporter
Credits
XP
Date joined: October 15th, 2020
Jobs and Plotbuilds
  • Sanding the beaches near belfalast, maski98, 03/18/2021
  • Testing out a road mix near belfalast, maski98, 03/21/2021
  • River and streams plot #39 near firien wood, Xmine1, 3/22-23/2021
  • Johny will try a fix for the new roads, maski98/johnyeric, 3/23/2021
  • Building a dry river in Moria, birdo/effie, 3/28/2021
  • Contining the road mix near belfalast, maski/johny, 3/29/2021
  • Belfast Road, maski 4/8/2021
  • Lond Daer Wall maski/johny 4/10/2021
  • Easter Build day, johny/mattlego/luk 4/15/2021
  • Belfast road, Maski/12 4/28/2021
  • Plot #26 of Pelennor Fields, SweViking 4/26/2021
ThemeBuilds
  • Bradywine bridge (-187, 4, 56179) [3/23/2021]
    • inspired by colonial US covered bridge
  • FFA Castle (99, 5, 56305) [3/31/2020]
    • inspired by Whiterun from Skyrim

Additional Builds
  • Mansion, made by myself. just wanted to create a house on the freebuild world
  • Map-art, made by myself, tried to create map using the MCME resource pack (/rp g) and made a tree in the four seasons
  • Wild West, ran entirely by myself (alought some friends decided to add some armor stand players which i kept bc they're amazing) probably my best build ever
  • Inkopolis, started to make the classic Splatoon 2 location on the creative server with my siblings, currently unfinish

Links - if any don't work please tell me. I'll try again.
Google drive of themebuilds and freebuilds - Artist Application – Google Drive
Twitter thread of Inkopolis -
Interests
I do love Gondorian style, but it is the style I have worked with most of the time and I am willing to learn different styles. I adore creating vegations and iconic places in minecraft.
Motivation
My motivation for applying for artist is that I want to help build Middle Earth. Jobs don't happen all that often and I would love to have the ability to let my creative skills grow more and be expressed on the server more than the theme builds and free build worlds. I am willing to work with other artists, foreman and designers to work on areas.

Last edited:
Update (4/10/2021)
I participated in some more jobs: the belfast road that happened on 2 days ago (8th of April) and the breaking of Lond Dar's Wall that happened today.
I am also working on a Wild West road (pictures I uploaded in the google drive link within the original posting) that might be modified to become a pvp map, but only after my envision for it is finalized.
I also participated in the artist school that happened today and while I am still working on that plot, I put screenshots in the google drive

Hey Supercat,

So I think a good thing to continue doing is finishing that Anorien artist school plot. Learning this style is a great step in understanding one of the current styles on the server. I can recommend looking at the example on the map in regards to house exterior size and how an interior is designed inside. Secondly, since you enjoy doing vegetation, trying the dead marsh theme build would be nice to see as well.

Brandywine Bridge - Bridge looks very unstable in regards to structural properties. The underside and the log support on the sides look slim and unsteady for a bridge of that size. Try and emphasise those curves and define them on the underside which would help. I would also suggest thicker bases due to the span of the bridge. Could potentially explore stone/stone brick styled bridges as well. Always look at pictures and find images you find inspiring as well! I cannot stress this enough, it helps with developing and generating ideas.

FFA Castle - In terms of the castle, the layout and the style that has been used is quite basic but it can be developed further! Try using some different techniques in regards to building such as creating wool layouts before building. Labelling and coming up with a plan can generate different results because it helps you think logically and also aesthetically of course. Block mixing is a great technique used in mixing up a wall, road, ceiling etc. create interesting textures and expand that materiality within your build. There are lots of example of block mixing on the server so definitely try and refer to those. For example with your build, you could add different blocks to your roads and mossy or cracked versions to your walls. (Adopt ideas from wildwest to this :D )

I'm excited to see your app grow. I cannot stress enough to definitely try and have a good look around some of the current projects and learn how they are put together. Look at how they are planned out, the shapes of the walls, the angles and height of the rooves, what different materials are used within the build, how they are put together are they randomly put together or is there a pattern that starts somewhere.

I update the orginal posting. I made imgur links/albums bc johnyeric suggested it. In short, I have worked on a couple of jobs/plots, and finished up my wild west freebuild project (excluding a couple of minor details ei rocks and a train)

After a bit of consideration, it has come to my attention that although I do have a passion for building and enjoy building on MCME and with its resource pack, my building skills are far from the level of MCME and artist, thus wishing to have the application withdrawn. I have a feeling that my artist application would take more than a year to actually be accepted. I am considering a guide application instead. Tho the guide applications are all the same setup, the versatility of what guide I can become if I became a guide would be better for me and my skills. The skills I have developed being a streamer can help with what a guide does (I have zero plans to abuse guide powers to advance my career as a streamer).

Status
Not open for further replies.