• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Finished Switch-It

Fireinferno13

One Of Us, One of Us
Commoner
Credits
XP
With the roll out of 1.10, it seems that we will need to move our beet texture from "jungle saplings" to the new "beet crops". I am currently working on custom beet textures to be implemented in the future (hopefully will be done sometime in the coming weeks), but I thought we might as well get started. Once all the locations are marked out and fixed, we can implement the new textures.

I will also be checking for flower switch capacity (switching blue orchid)

I am looking for community to help to find locations that need to be switched over. There are a lot of small farms throughout Gondor that have beet crops as well as a few in Rohan, please comment below with either specific locations of concern or ideally maps with locations of concern.

ERIADOR:
  • Beets: Done
  • Flowers: WIP
    • Fennas - Done
    • Misty Mountains
ROHAN: DONE
  • Beets: Done
  • Flowers: Done
  • Other: Done
    • Jungle Logs
GONDOR:
  • Anorien - done
  • Ithilien/Haritihilien - done
  • Lossarnach - done
  • Lebennin - done
  • Belfalas - done
  • Lamedon - done
  • Anfalas - done
  • Andarst - done
LOTHLORIEN:
  • Beets: None
  • Flowers

Last edited:
Fennas has quite a few beat farms, I should be able to change them but PC broke so I will have to wait a bit.
Like every town i built has beets
To be honest I will going through every town (yes every town) one by one looking for beets to switch over so this is good to know.

I went through al the villages in Rohan and converted the few beet farms, also fixed the jungle logs (as those were retextured but still present in some houses).

Well that was easier than I thought!

I have completed switching both beets and flowers throughout the map. The two exceptions are the Misty Mountains (which @Finrod_Amandil will tackle himself) and Lothlorien (which I need to design textures for still so that is on hold). Please keep an eye out for jungle saplings (old beets) in crops and let a staff member know to convert them if you do.

Until the next RP, simply shield your eyes from the radioactive green default beets while I work on finishing my custom textures!