• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted Sylvin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylvin

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
Minecraft Username : Sylvin (former sylvin2011)
Date Joined : 07 July 2014
Themed Build participated in: Harlond
Link to screenshots of your Themed Build: To the Themed build:
To other "personal" builds:
What is your prefered building style? I like building all kind of buildings. I prefer building elven buildings because it is exctiting and beautiful how you can shape blocks to such a beauty. But here, in MCME, I prefer building builds made by the men. Why? Because they are more living. They did not live this superior, simple lifestyle as the elves did (never to worry about age, disease or other troubles). That is what makes these buildings so interesting. Though not all men lived like this, most did. But in the great palaces, citadels or castles, much detail can be added, too. You could say I like building with details.

Why would I want to become Artist? Because I really feel like recreating Tolkien's world into Minecraft. I've chosen Minecraft because it is simple, but yet it takes time to get good at it. I really like building buildings in Minecraft, and I think I am reasonable enough for the job as Artist. In other communities, I am well-known for my skill in building, and therefore I want to use it, here!

Thank you for your application! It has now been checked and here follows some tips on what you can improve on to increase your chances on a promotion to Artist.

You wrote you like building with details, the interiors of your Harlond build aswell as the build style itself confirm that. However one thing you could have given a bit more work is the area around the houses. I am aware of that terrain work by hand is arduous and on the build server will be done mostly with voxel, but still things like a coastline with a realistic asset of materials is vital for a realistic look of a build. Additionally in that area some additions and details would make it look more lively, for elven builds that honestly is a bit tricky as you dont expect elves performing a "not-so-fantastic" life, featuring things like market stalls and carts. There you may rather try small parks with flowers.

However the main thing I want to see from you is some more activity, I can not remember having seen you online lately, maybe you simple were not, or you just werent participating in talking and jobs to make yourself noticeable.

Also please note that the criterions and the way artist apps are handled in the future is about to change. Further information will be published soon on the forums.

~ Finrod_Amandil, Head Designer.

Status
Not open for further replies.