• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Temporary New Player Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

iDwarf

Yellow Flower Puncher
Credits
XP
(actual guide under silly picture)
5qqFpJU.png

(Courtesy of iSMiTHz)

Feel free to take this down when a new official one is created. If you have any questions about the server that aren't answered on the guide, post them down below.

EDIT: just saw q linked to one on the wiki. feel free to remove this now.
Other edit: His link is broken. Looks like this is here to stay! I'll be frequently checking to answer questions and feel free to answer questions others have left.[/quote]

You get an Edit, and you get an Edit, everyone gets EDITS!: I'm going to add some serious information to this so it's actually a helpful place.

The resource packs can be found here

Dynmaps
Main Server Dynmap: here -type "/dynmap webregister" in-game to get the registration code
Freebuild Server Dynmap: here

To get commoner you must:
-Be on the server for two weeks
-Participate in a Themed Build on the freebuild server
-Not get any warnings or oathbreakers within the two week time period

What's an Artist and Ranger?
-An artist is someone who the staff trusts to build well and without staff supervision
-A Ranger is like the tour guide position on the server. They give tours of the server and are an abundant source of information

How do I become an Artist or Ranger?
-Get Commoner
-Apply for the position on the forums here (note to staff: there currently isn't a place for people to apply for Ranger)

What are the ranks, in order, on the server?
(lowest to highest in descending order)
Not Staff:
-Oathbreaker
-Thrall
-
Commoner
-Artist/Ranger
Staff:
-Artisan
-Steward
-Foreman
-Bounder
-Valar

General Server Information
-Q220 is the owner of the server
-The server began in October of 2010
-The first thing to ever be built on the server was Frogmorton (multiple map versions ago)
-The current map is 27,000x30,000 blocks

Important Links
Wiki

MCME Rules
SugarKoala's New Player Guide

Don't see something? Post don't below and I'll add it to here.

Last edited:
I'm trying to apply, but I can't find out how an oathbreaker regains their rank. All the links I've found don't work. Any help? Thanks in advance.

I'm trying to apply, but I can't find out how an oathbreaker regains their rank. All the links I've found don't work. Any help? Thanks in advance.
To regain thrall and get rid of oathbreaker, you have to reach your destination assigned to you by a bounder or valar (in some cases). Then you have to wait a week and they'll promote you back to thrall.

What's your in-game name? I looked you up on the oathbreaker's list but BritishBatman was nowhere to be found.

Thank you very much! My in-game is BritishBatman so it should be there.. Strange
To regain thrall and get rid of oathbreaker, you have to reach your destination assigned to you by a bounder or valar (in some cases). Then you have to wait a week and they'll promote you back to thrall.

What's your in-game name? I looked you up on the oathbreaker's list but BritishBatman was nowhere to be found.

I'm turning this into a legitimate new players guide. Post things you want to be included.

It's still a work in progress, but I did make this https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_XTAdPDd-pKhS1jPwkho83PfdNu-GP9F9ei8nku6YFg/edit?usp=sharing

It needs feedback and may be a little long winded at points, but it's a mix of the old player guide with other info you could find in the wiki plus some new info about commands. Quite a lot of the resource links don't work and you need to keep scrolling to go to what a new tab would be on the new player guide for ranks and duties.
However, it does exist, has a lot of info and requires feedback, so if anyone wants to give it a read please go ahead ><

Added in the rules page to the first post, as well as a link to the wiki and sugar's google doc

Status
Not open for further replies.