• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

Finished Thatched Roofs

Fireinferno13

One Of Us, One of Us
Commoner
Credits
XP
Filename: purpur_block
Resource Pack: All
Texture image: same as Rohan

The thatched texture is widely underused on the server. I would propose that the purpur block be used as the "thatch" texture across all the packs. This would include moving it in Rohan as well as adding it in everything else (including mordor @bender400 ). Thoughts, @Finrod_Amandil ?

If given the stamp of approval, I could make the pull request soon as well as implement the switch in locations such as Rohan.

Last edited:
Yeah agree that the thatch texture would be useful in all packs. I can take over updating the packs myself (@bender400 ill leave mordor to you to decide), would you, Fire, take over the replacing in Rohan once the packs are updated?

Yeah agree that the thatch texture would be useful in all packs. I can take over updating the packs myself (@bender400 ill leave mordor to you to decide), would you, Fire, take over the replacing in Rohan once the packs are updated?

Great! Please let me know as soon as @q220 makes the resourcepack update official, and I will make the ingame fix. Wouldnt want all the new players confused why Rohan has all these purple rooves!

It makes it a bit easier to keep the packs organised and keeping track of what is used and what is still free.

Don't add it just yet, I have some thoughts for purpur block use. I'm going to be back in cali tomorrow, so I'll get back to work soon.