• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Contest The Great Shipyard of Dol Amroth

Thijs1801

Moria Hall Professional
Commoner
Credits
XP
The Great Shipyard of Dol Amroth
-Contest-
Judged by:

Thijs1801 - Eriol_Eandur - Kjolsen

2017-07-22_19.14.27.png

Hi there! I've got something good for you guys. After months of discussing and starting and putting things on hold, we as DA team thought you guys would love to build in Dol Amroth. You can already build houses,but who wants to do that. Really leave your mark on the city and enter the Great Shipyard of Dol Amroth contest!

North of the Bay of White Ships there lies the Shipyard of Dol Amroth. Around here:
GxrbPWD.png

Its dry-docks are making the finest ships in Gondor. The road from Dol Amroth to here is laid out on the cliffs to the south with a bridge connecting the 2 parts of land mass. In this contest we will be focusing on the shipyard itself. So the houses, walls and all that will come in later.
The prize of winning is of course, your Shipyard in Dol Amroth. But if you win, then I will invite you to work together with my team to further complete the Shipyard with houses and walls in Middle-earth.​

X33w989.jpg

The buildings in this contest should be in more or less the same style as Wod's threatre and Port Town, so close together and fancy.
To enter the finales you must at least have these things in your plot:
  • Shipwrights
  • 2-3 Docks
  • A Dry Docks
  • Roofed shipmanufacturing
  • Ships being built
  • Warehouses
  • Small market
  • A road to the wool gate (Orange)
This contest starts on July 23rd, and ends on August 6th. Gather your friends! Sign up in this thread and once I give you a plot you can go ahead and build!

To reach the plots, simply type /warp Project Daisy.
Once assigned a plot, you can claim it with /plot claim, and invite your team with /plot invite <player>. For more info on the plots, type /plot help.
Daisy1: The Dream Team #1
Daisy2: God Save the Queen
Daisy3: What Is A Team?
Daisy4: The Yellow Lemon Trees
Daisy5: ûpolo lodad
Daisy6: Cool People
(More plots can be added if needed)

Building is now underway! Dont just stand there reading this, go build!

On behalf of the Dol Amroth Team,
Good luck to everyone!

Attachments

• thebay8x5_zpsfwkxby1v.jpg
    thebay8x5_zpsfwkxby1v.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 990
Last edited:
That area seems quite massive? Are you sure you want to do that entire region for the contest as that is a lot to build in the given length of time?

Of course I think 2 weeks is a bit tight, but it would be a problem for @Finrod_Amandil, that I extend the time to 4 weeks? Because I think you're right Fire.

Team Name: What is a Team?

Member(s): Antimattergizmo

Want to learn some more about large scale building beyond houses and nature. I'm short on time these days but promise I'm not just occupying an empty plot (again).

Team Name: The Yellow Lemon Trees

Members(s): Simonay

I just want to see if I can build a great village in short time. Actually, I'm in Italy at the moment and I leave this country only 6 days before the closing events. So, I'm going to try to build it quickly.

Team Name: The Yellow Lemon Trees

Members(s): Simonay

I just want to see if I can build a great village in short time. Actually, I'm in Italy at the moment and I leave this country only 6 days before the closing events. So, I'm going to try to build it quickly.
I respect you