• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~ The MCME Times ~ [05/10/2022]

Summer is Here!
Which Means Events… Eventually!
OUaXcww3_6NW2vEy3AYOj6917IBqCgqqRxLDoJDHGGnW2p4B7nOdWOLCP_VmKYPQvMvsWSP-MnR_jXvG4CM0FJnm7Mz-47EPy6h3bnsms1hB8kzJY0qdehW5cmsnvkJegEaptJ_E

Editor's Note by Mapthor
Hey all, welcome back to another edition of the Times. I’m currently moving out of my dorm as I am trying this so I’ll have to make it brief. Not too much happened this past fortnight apart from the weekly events. But you know what else happened? Shen is hiring for the Times! Well, more or less he is. If you want to help out with the MCME Times in any way, shape, and/or form, please message Shen on Discord and he’ll get you all worked out and everything. It’s a really fun gig and you’ll be able to have a whole lot of fun. Trust me, I love doing these Editor’s Notes because I just get to spew out my thoughts and the entire community gets to read them. Fun times. Anyways, I gotta get back to cleaning.

Happy Sailing,
Mapthor

~ Project Progress ~

Agar and Udul - Lead: @Orruss | In Progress
Report by Orruss

Agar and Udul is still in its early days. Some concepts have been made, the main world development consists of a massive plague of grey wool over Old Pukel Land for terraforming to take place, which has largely happened over the past couple weeks. Much to be done, more to come very soon!!

Fishing_concept.png

Screenshot by HyprNinja

Moria – Lead: @DoctorDaom | In Progress
Report by aVeryAngryBadger

HyprNinja made some rocks.

8pGKJf-WfYmnMSNuXGSparxS1RLZXfSUUqWbpVxy-CQxdfdgYH4u2Lyh7OZKUmzRoc0HH0KIYDirD58-ZYSTbL_AqRd-RIszoEc7ryPb6WiAxVFCA8SwGVVKzOWr1XEjQg6SZ46LZPU

Screenshot by HyprNinja

~ General Announcements ~

Become a Donor
Keeping MCME running is not free, every month we have to pay $320 to keep up all our work. Donations help us keep doing what we love and providing you with amazing builds to look at. Donations are not required but greatly accepted, if you want to help us in our feat of rebuilding Middle Earth in Minecraft you can donate here.
Viewing Donation Drive: Community Costs
Our Donors
  • Wyattrox03
  • Pyro6
  • Colophonia
#MCMEdoesnotrunitself

~ Rank Updates ~
Report by Givet10_

_Luk: I hoped for this Times Edition the rank updates would be filled with promotions again, but sadly I have to announce that Luk, one of the Designers that has been around the server for years now will be stepping down from his role. He has led some amazing build projects on the server, like the recently finished Lond Daer, and made some fantastic videos for the MCME YouTube channel. Thanks Luk, hopefully you'll still be around from time to time!
Resignation

Phoenix108: I have some good news tho, Phoenix has been re-promoted to the rank of Artist. He has shown that he is still a good builder and he'll now help MCME again with finishing projects. Good luck and congrats Phoenix!
Promotion

~ Winners of the Week ~

This week we have another round of amazing builds and Media posts. We only choose from the best every time, so hard work does pay off. Sometimes it can get competitive and that is what will win a place here. Please give a warm welcome to this Times, winners of this week.

Media Winners
First honorable mention to Bohemian_Beetle, for this lovely cliffside shot of Andrast, it's even got that cool cliff-hole-thing. Don’t @ me Stephen.
ECbKy1N1QRjBPcf_UBv6WU6H8deCV6k6kg5VQ16F9EN5KAbBpnrRN7pp18249lAdGyiUsuMihNQ1n2BfaR8W4CQI0QWadHmnyqCvV7MD7B0fJtkUpPoyeCTCC6Nvdvy6AGTbaiCepsbA1d1rQg

Seconth honorable mention to Bruce for this marshy house. I especially like the background blur, it isn’t too noticeable but it works very well here.
Cvt295mTSSD3OL8fOoTT2idh1Moy8WHfTiVElGmOSvnNy6cGYa2OKcxL40LlD8JADsKP-28X0UEZ7yJjfYHjmMcuNWI0AFvllUwWoWnqARSiNBJjQdIzJVZqT5wYwpHrG-KXv0jlNZmgseAWqQ

The thirth honorable mention goes to Mershy, for his classic low saturation shot of Lond Daer.
qSvKEnLU_slAELY1uAjuTYoRCmUc2fLGa9gAJ-fCr1Xk06knu2-u-N99jZCVnKijstmkXEgvrsUfIiy2AQfenKpNWauQBJnR2_1-9W4OKrmIIE_D0nPA9uTcOgI1kPet0bOJ4jAksc458ciY1A

Fourth honorable mention to James Smith, even though they’re new to the scene, they kicked it off strong with this well cropped Lond Daer shot.
N5uQFLD2ojpWPuaOjXiYtqf3r-hbhEZdlB3YtXZ2gctANVdN0ypUpP-x6YGDGSmUtQVjAYsi8ALsYDJfGLt1ReeXU_AjEqNOn6UZ-og4mjYdy4SpoyKNUEfF8DScWfkZNE4eqoUCegPd5eet2A

Fish’th honorable mention goes to FoolhardyFish, for this beautifully foggy shot of Weathertop.
3zrRRhcsBkj2nqW6VlM1KTQn7IJmcYU79NbipO2eK7q8GDF6-bomx43LBmHkmbwpOfScPwvh1IBAaD4RpCbihXhrkUnrToMtey6xCcbDmvDoSBmTc6iFvdih8xQ0-DnDNSPTwij2P7HpsuDpNA

Finally, our Media Winner of the fortnite is Bruceboy, not much to say here except amazing work on this shot, I will never not love a hill in the sunset. Also, congrats Bruce on becoming part of the Media Team!
Emo5zV2TR7qy8tl-nt-MjY521AJ7Lfbe3A12xWpue1ADJePaRGVwqd1a9vOrXSmpQxsyCP1Jy4dXH_3Ad8fCXCYaYNwimd3hWX6W6k18aPTfn7PrWARD_i7akZ-Bn_Rw1xZTtJTAWGmlnoJY7w

~ Lore of the Week ~

Of Ulmo

"Ulmo loves both Elves and Men, and never abandoned them, not even when they lay under the wrath of the Valar." ― Valaquenta: Of the Valar

Often known as the Lord of Waters, Ulmo was the Vala of the Sea, and dwelt in the deep, not among the other Ainur. Ulmo alone of the Valar perhaps perceived the intention of Eru regarding the Elves best, for he argued against bringing them to Valinor, so that they could heal Middle Earth from the damage caused by Morgoth. He was of course, overruled by the other Valar, who wished to keep them safe. Still, despite being overruled he helped ferry the Elves from Middle Earth to Aman using the Isle that would become Tol Eressëa, which he then anchored in the Bay of Eldamar, knowing the Teleri’s love of the sea.

Despite the judgement of the Valar after the 1st Kinslaying by the Noldor, Ulmo did not forsake them or the other Elves of Middle Earth, and made moves to try ensure their survival. The most notable of these actions are concerning the creation of Nargothrond and Gondolin, for it was Ulmo who put into the minds of Finrod and Turgon to build secret dwellings. This certainly helped many of the Elves survive the tyranny of Morgoth in the later First Age. Ulmo alone of the Valar appeared in majesty to the race of men, instructing Tuor at Vinyamar, and bidding him take word to Turgon in Gondolin of his impending peril. He is also likely the reason that Tuor and his son Eärendil experienced the “sea-longing” that was previously something only the Elves felt, as he chose them to be the instruments of his will, but with that came the desire to be near the sea. It was also Ulmo who rescued Elwing, Eärendil’s wife after the 3rd Kinslaying, and by doing so made certain that word would finally come to Valinor (with a Silmaril) of the plight of the folk of Middle-earth.

~ Question of the Week ~

This Week's Question: What sign did Ulmo send for Tuor when he tarried on his journey to Vinyamar?

Question: Who rebuilt Minas Anor?

Correct Answer: King Ostoher, the 7th King of Gondor.

Well done to chipped_cherry for getting this first, as well as giving the date!

Presented by: TheStephen

~ More Media ~

You know us, we love sharing our progress and Twitter is the perfect place. Give us a good follow and always have something to look forward to on your daily scroll. Just to spice it up, comment your favorite parts of our builds at MinecraftMiddleEarth (@MCMiddleEarth) | Twitter. You won't be disappointed!

Sometimes you just want to enjoy some quality pictures, we got you covered. Head on over to our Facebook account, try following us there too Minecraft Middle-Earth

It doesn't matter if you just woke up or after a busy day at work; scrolling through Instagram and seeing a cool project you have worked on, or just amazing graphics from your favorite server on your favorite game- MCME's Instagram is the right place to be. Check it out at mcmiddleearth on Instagram, or this perfectly good link to take you straight there.

But of course, the most important and obviously most used social network is of course Planet Minecraft! Be sure to give us a diamond there. It costs nothing! Minecraft Middle Earth Minecraft Server

~ Closing Statement ~

Make sure you wear sunscreen this Summer. Went to the lake yesterday and got fried by those damn UV rays :(

Excellent work, Times Team!

Quote from Kiryu Kazama
“All the bad luck in the world shouldn’t make your dream less worth pursuing.”

4wNNln87NRd6ZC7db5VyTWycit18qzXAtYw7VWA2932EiZpH8pneGWYfZj1YRzeYGhTLaQ2vvRDX7XajA-XD2VjV3APb6Ft173bmQ_FHNGNvsXV19BengM1_ezNsvKohzzFtcWq-

The Official MCME Times
mcmiddleearth.com​

Last edited: