• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Cancelled TheSquire Artist Application

TheSquire

Is going on an adventure!
Supporter
Credits
XP
Date Joined: April 28, 2019

Jobs:
  • FoolhardySewerRat — sewer detailing in Dol Amroth with TotiGonzales
  • Tombs1 — pauper tomb shaping and detailing in Moria with NicovicTheSixth
  • Tombs2 — more pauper tomb detailing in Moria with NicovicTheSixth
  • Tombs3 — even more digging, shaping, and decorating of pauper tombs in Moria with NicovicTheSixth
  • Tunnel1 — shaping of a cave tunnel in Moria with NicovicTheSixth
  • GigaTomb1 — shaping a giga tomb in Moria with NicovicTheSixth
  • PathRuin1 — ruining the paths in Moria’s second dwelling with NicovicTheSixth
  • DwellingInt1 — making interiors of a dwelling in Moria with NicovicTheSixth
  • GigaTomb2 — more shaping of a giga tomb in Moria with NicovicTheSixth
  • PathRuin2 — more ruining the paths in Moria’s second dwelling with NicovicTheSixth
  • RubenMoria — apartment detailing in Moria with RubenPieterMark
  • Moriamarket_Pal — market stalls in Moria with TeamPalladian
  • Squire — private job working on a hall in Moria with NicovicTheSixth

Plot Builds:

Theme Builds:
  • Bree House 2165 4 38992
    • I made one complete house; I'll probably come back at some point to add more houses/terrain as practice
    • Album link: Bree House – Google Drive
  • Orc Hold -3 4 39234
    • Almost finished; just have to add one more thing for now, but I might come back and add more later
    • Album link: Orc Hold – Google Drive

Additional Builds:
  • I haven't really done any building before I joined the MCME server because I mostly worked with redstone
  • I did build a fully working redstone computer, link to album if you're curious: MC Computer – Google Drive

My Interests

I really like building in a Dwarven style. I also really enjoy building in a generally ruined style, so anything like the orc hold that I made or the Osgiliath vegetation that I worked on. I did enjoy building the Bree-style house, but I haven't spent much time with that style of building to know if I really like it or not. If I practice some more building styles, I will update this section. I also love building with redstone, but that doesn't matter much since I can't use redstone on the server anyways.

My Motivation

I applied for Artist because ever since I joined MCME, I've been able to experience a side of Minecraft completely new to me. And I've discovered that I love it! Also combined with my love for LOTR, this has made me want to continue contributing to the server more and more. I have really enjoyed the builds I've helped with on the server so far, and I want to be able to help with building even more. I'm a very visual thinker, and I like to experience things first hand, so MCME means a lot to me because it enables me to visualize LOTR in detail and experience it first hand. I'm very keen on helping with Moria and any other Dwarven projects, as well as anything that needs ruining :)

UPDATE

New Job
  • RiverspringsWillem - digging rivers near Lond Daer with Will_em

Hey Thesquire!

Here's some basic feedback on your application:

Osgo vegetation:
  • Avoid leaf block vines. They look too chunky
  • Try adding some of the supports back that were ruined before, as the houses were ruined quite heavily and would probably colapse in this state.
  • Use some more blocks for your floor, especially the bottem one can have stuff like a pile of tiles, some mossy cobblestone and regular stone, mycelium...
Bree house:
  • It looks a lot like the original design, which itself is sadly quite outdated. in the future I'd suggest trying to come up with a new design, closer to the current style.
  • But as I said, it would fit in in the current bree.;)
Orc camp:
  • Lovely details! Good work on the camp itself. :)
  • There are some outside areas which appear empty and boring, try adding rocks, possibly tents, small (maybe dead) shrubs or trees...
  • Avoid using torches all over the place, I can see orcs not lgithing up everything and rather taking a torch around themselves.
  • In the future you can try smoothing small caves like this, like you were doing in your job with Nic.

Good work so far! Keep updating the application, I'm looking forward to see your Annuminas theme.

UPDATE

New Job
  • ALittleDirty - Roads in Anorien with FoolhardyFish and Dav3ck

Theme Build
  • Orc Hold
    • Removed all torches from the camp and inside the cave
    • did some smoothing around the entrance of the cave, blended it a bit better into the surrounding mountain
    • dug out and smoothed the cave extension for the eating hall/area, blended its entrance into the surrounding cave
  • Annuminas Ruining
    • good progress on the wall, decided on a new (and hopefully final) wall design
    • finished the gate and most of the wall on the short side of my plot
  • Updated pictures for both theme builds can be found in their respective Google Drive links, posted earlier
I haven't been on the server much lately because I've been packing and preparing for my first year of college. This means my schedule for the next few weeks is uncertain, so I don't know how much I'll be on the server.

UPDATE

New Job
  • ALittleDirty - Roads in Anorien with FoolhardyFish and Dav3ck

Theme Build
  • Orc Hold
    • Removed all torches from the camp and inside the cave
    • did some smoothing around the entrance of the cave, blended it a bit better into the surrounding mountain
    • dug out and smoothed the cave extension for the eating hall/area, blended its entrance into the surrounding cave
  • Annuminas Ruining
    • good progress on the wall, decided on a new (and hopefully final) wall design
    • finished the gate and most of the wall on the short side of my plot
  • Updated pictures for both theme builds can be found in their respective Google Drive links, posted earlier
I haven't been on the server much lately because I've been packing and preparing for my first year of college. This means my schedule for the next few weeks is uncertain, so I don't know how much I'll be on the server.
I don't see your Annuminas ruining screenshots :)