• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted TheSweViking's Artist Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSweViking

Designer
Staff member
Designer
Supporter
Credits
XP
Date I joined: 15th of April, 2019

• Interests: I'd say I dont really preffer any specific style when it comes to building, tho I do like to try and come up with newer styles and i do preffer to build and give love to less known areas less exlpored in many other medias that handle Tolkien's workes. Details and smaler yet enriching builds that's where my interests lay the most. Id say im rather versatile and addapteble when it comes to most styles and do fine an intresse in all of them.

• My motivation: I do wish to see progress in this project and if my skills are able to me usefull in helping that i'd find that very rewarding. (Plus, so have quite a few ppl naged me to apply)

• Jobs:
Osgo job at a camp replacing floor-blocks and cleaning up, run by LeBruhGandalf (dont have a pic from the job just one from where it was), Link
Took part in 3 of Barts shurberies and got second place in the shruboff, Link
Joined 3 Maski river jobs, run by Xmine, Link
Joined Xmine's forman trial Job, Link
Joined Barts 21th moria halls piles and hole job, Link
Joined 3 of Barts COL stalactites Jobs, Link
Joined Luk_'s and mattlego's First Lond daer job, Link
Took part in Darkis 3-4 hours marsh job, Link
Did a house in a private job at Mershy mine with (commoner version) Itai, Link
Joined some Maski and Rogue jobs at osgo wall, Link
  • Plot:
Alot of plots at osgo wall for Rogue and helped him plan the north-western wall, Link
Won the tower concept at osgo wall, Link
House in Mershy mine for Rwyland, Link
[WIP] Bakery at the Mershy mine
[WIP] Tower at osgo
[WIP] River tower at osgo
  • Theme:
Tirith Aear, Link
Dorwinion vinyard (alot of old textures), Link
Mine, Link
Isengard Pits (alot of old textures), Link
  • Own Builds
Framsburg (freebuild), Link
[Droped for the moment] Tol Sirion, Link
Lossoth concept, Link
House in Vault city, Link
Street in old Vault city, Link
Dodo statue at the Vault, Link
Ocean concept, Link
[On Hold] Lossoth village, Link
[On Hold] Anorian hamlet, Link
World Machine Testing, Link

Last edited:
So you're the reason why the commoner builds usually don't look fully horrendous? :p

Tirith Aear:
- The exterior looks pretty cool, a bit standard elven tower, but well done.
- The interior looks a bit odd, stone towers of that size usually don't have a fully open interior, rather a (small) stone staircase going up between floors, surrounded by walls, not free standing.

Please provide more pictures of your themed builds if you do any more, can't comment much on one picture

Anorien hamlet:
- The houses look a bit out of style, unless you weren't going for the MCME style

Update:

Mershy mine private job and plot, ran by Mershy and Rwyland. Plot was a bakery and job was fixing some dearps and making the roads. Link

The bridge concept:
- Try using the darker blocks for wet/wet spots of the bridge (close to the water or ground).
- Maybe use a different block (like cobblestone or gravel for the road).
- Mix the road leading into the bridge with the road of the bridge (blend it).

Update:

Joined Rogues trial job making roads, Link
Also joined maskis trial job, Link
Took part in Xmines marsh job, Link
Made 3 plots in LD two rich (one where mortal did the exteror) and a big block of middle class houses with mortal (were i did all the shapes, mossies the light houses and did half of the veg), Link

Status
Not open for further replies.