• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

In Progress Treebuild

RubenPieterMark

One Of Us, One of Us
Supporter
Credits
XP
Treebuild
Current status: WIP
Leader: RubenPieterMark

As you all know our favorite developer Eriol has added lovely medium and thin logs to our custom inventories. The current stencil list is still from before we had these, so I thought our stencil list could use an update. I have this huge book with a whole bunch of trees which I all plan to build, and about ten to thirty exemplars for each type. So we will probably end up with a thousand or so trees/bushes.
Hv4Y9p3.png

I have already started with about 50 trees and another 50 shrubs/bushes, some of which still need to be copied over to the grid by a designer. My book starts with conifers, so that's what we'll build first.
I will be online a lot for the next two weeks, then I should study for my test week. After that, when I have loads of free time, we can hopefully move on from the conifers to the deciduous trees.

The grid is at /plot warp TreeBuild. Trees are a very tricky thing so I'm still not sure whether I should let anyone spam the plots with trees that might not be near standard, or that I should supervise it closely and only assign people to certain plots. I will mostly build most of the trees by myself, but of course all help is welcome from anyone, building trees is learnt quickly! The current types of trees we're building is junipers, yews and cypresses.

Why do I write the Latin names under the English names? Names can be really confusing. I myself know the trees best by the Dutch names, and there is often even a difference between the American English and the British English names, for instance the name aspen is British English, but in America they often call it cottonwood tree and in Dutch it's either esp or ratelpopulier. And the tree which has the latin name of Platanus is called sycamore in America, but plane in Britain. In Britain sycamore means maple. Very confusing all.

So if anyone wants to build some trees just ask me when I'm online or pm me on discord.

Last edited:
Progress update
About a hundred trees and another hundred bushes have been been created since the project has started. Thanks to BWO Cre for copying the trees over (about 5 need to be copied still) and to Ryt, lol's, Darktemplier66 and others for building the trees.
upload_2017-11-5_21-6-13.png

b8D3t7x.jpg

(last screen by Bart)

Hopefully we can continue with this rate this week

Not much progress this week because I had examsweek. Today and tomorrow @ryttyr and I will be doing an unofficial buildday. We hope to finish all junipers and yews.

Last edited:
Awesome :D Are you in touch with the Designers of Belfalas and Andrast so that they are actually used?
Those marked with Sauron's Eye are supposed to be used for Belfalas, like the one in the pic. ^
For Andrast, I've only spoken @mattlego for a bit and I've got a list of trees that they will use, but they're mostly deciduous (willows, cork oaks etc). Those are quite far from my current focus (conifers), but I might do some of those after the Belfalas conifers. Haven't spoken @jacenpeter yet.