• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Cancelled WarPanda47 Artist Application

WarPanda47

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
  • Date: Joined March 23, 2020
  • Jobs and Plotbuilds:
    • Job 1: Fenmarch grass removal (Foreman: Darki)
    • Job 2: River, retaining wall, and road detailing near Elendil's Tomb (Foreman: Darki)
    • Job 3: Solo job building a natural staircase up to Elendil's Tomb along with some of the road detailing right below it (Foreman: Darki)
      • Base Profile Screenshot 2020.03.26 - 16.00.09.66.png

• Base Profile Screenshot 2020.04.01 - 18.02.23.91.png

• Themed-builds:

Minas Tirith Noble Gardens (-343,64,46100; Completed April 1, 2020. A place a tranquility for the nobility of the White Tower)

• 1.png

• 2.png

• 3.png

• 4.png

• 5.png

• 6.png

• 7.png

• 8.png

• 9.png

• 10.png

• 11.png

• 12.png

• 13.png

• 14.png

• 15.png

• 16.png

• 17.png

• 18.png

• Additional Builds: Due to recently switching computers, I do not have any of my solo builds. Starting fresh!
  • Interests: Really I enjoy creating everything but I especially enjoy figuring out the right lighting to put into a build, it's very important to the realism and immersion.
  • Motivation: Honestly I just love everything about Lord of the Rings and MCME is amazing; I want to help complete this work of art. I pay close attention to detail and will do anything to help improve the server. I've spent a lot of time making detailed builds that nobody has ever seen, so now I want to utilize my building in some beneficial way!
Thanks for checking this out and giving me a chance!

- WarPanda

Hey @WarPanda47 Thank you for applying for Artist!

It's up to you to keep updating this application. I will check in from time to time and give feedback when I think it's needed. This thread might help you as well.

Good luck!

Here is my Bridge Inn Theme Build! The rest of the photos are in the next reply :)

Mountain Bridge Inn (1521, 64, 46524; Completed April 9, 2020. A hearty place of warmth with Dwarven flair)

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    5.9 MB · Views: 186
  • 2.png
    2.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 178
  • 3.png
    3.png
    5.3 MB · Views: 182
  • 4.png
    4.png
    6.9 MB · Views: 152
  • 5.png
    5.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 168
  • 6.png
    6.png
    5.3 MB · Views: 146
  • 7.png
    7.png
    5.2 MB · Views: 148
  • 8.png
    8.png
    5.7 MB · Views: 147
  • 9.png
    9.png
    5.6 MB · Views: 147
  • 10.png
    10.png
    5.6 MB · Views: 170
  • 11.png
    11.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 210
  • 12.png
    12.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 160
  • 13.png
    13.png
    5.2 MB · Views: 207
  • 14.png
    14.png
    5.6 MB · Views: 164
  • 15.png
    15.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 164
  • 16.png
    16.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 193
  • 17.png
    17.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 144
  • 18.png
    18.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 161
  • 19.png
    19.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 166
  • 20.png
    20.png
    5 MB · Views: 172
  • 21.png
    21.png
    5.6 MB · Views: 157
  • 22.png
    22.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 154
  • 23.png
    23.png
    5.2 MB · Views: 164
  • 24.png
    24.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 161
  • 25.png
    25.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 150
  • 26.png
    26.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 187
  • 27.png
    27.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 155
  • 28.png
    28.png
    5.7 MB · Views: 145
  • 29.png
    29.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 191
  • 30.png
    30.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 151
Mountain Bridge Inn, completed photos;

Attachments

• 31.png
    31.png
    6.6 MB · Views: 165
  • 32.png
    32.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 157
  • 33.png
    33.png
    6.6 MB · Views: 155
  • 34.png
    34.png
    6.8 MB · Views: 232
  • 35.png
    35.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 140
  • 36.png
    36.png
    5.7 MB · Views: 144
  • 37.png
    37.png
    7.3 MB · Views: 152
  • 38.png
    38.png
    7.1 MB · Views: 150
  • 39.png
    39.png
    7.1 MB · Views: 137
  • 40.png
    40.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 139
  • 41.png
    41.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 146
  • 42.png
    42.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 127
  • 43.png
    43.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 125
  • 44.png
    44.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 116
  • 45.png
    45.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 130
  • 46.png
    46.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 122
Not one bit of feedback here, does anybody check these? just completely lost interest when nobody showed any interest outside of the inner circle

Hi
Not one bit of feedback here, does anybody check these? just completely lost interest when nobody showed any interest outside of the inner circle
Hi there Mr. Panda;

Although I'm not an artist anymore, I'd love to give you some feedback. I will take a look at the pictures in this app and try to comment on most of it.
Expect this feedback somewhere tomorrow since it's already a bit late here.

Do realize though that the forums aren't the most popular place and you might want to post some pictures on the discord.
You can post screenshots in one of the feedback channels or in the commoner channel.

I hope you haven't lost all interest yet,
Greetings;
Merlin.

Hi

Hi there Mr. Panda;

Although I'm not an artist anymore, I'd love to give you some feedback. I will take a look at the pictures in this app and try to comment on most of it.
Expect this feedback somewhere tomorrow since it's already a bit late here.

Do realize though that the forums aren't the most popular place and you might want to post some pictures on the discord.
You can post screenshots in one of the feedback channels or in the commoner channel.

I hope you haven't lost all interest yet,
Greetings;
Merlin.
Thanks for responding. Okay sounds good looking forward to your feedback! :)

Hi there mr. Panda;

I'd like to start off with a few general remarks:

- first off all I want to thank you for partaking in the jobs and helping out the server!
- I see that you've already experimented with the blocks from the secondary inventory, this is very good, don't be afraid to use the extra stuff at hand.
- I do though notice a general theme across your builds: though most of them have a solid base, I believe that they miss some refinement. Although you have to call the build a day at some point, realize that no build is perfect and that there's always things to improve upon. Since most of the builds above are themed builds though, there's no need to stop improving on them, and I think miss that refinement they deserve.

- If you can, try to edit the original post in this thread and put the pictures between a spoiler like this. It will make the thread, in general, more readable.

1590435732488.png

Noble Gardens:
- This is where the first of the so-called refinements come in:
= The inside of the roof shows the outer material, try to cover it up with some planks, makes for a tidier look.
= Try to not overuse the carpet and paintings, instead try other forms of wall and floor decoration and make a more interesting wall and floor design.
- Don't cover all of the tables with stuff, leave some plain.
- Although I said to make interesting floor designs, I think the cobble-coal thing you have going on is a bit weird.
- Some of the stairs don't have fall protection.
- Other stairs do have fall protection but you mixed wood and marble. Try to be careful when mixing stones and woods, they are tricky to put together well and might look unrealistic.
- The plain stone staircase is a bit off, try to avoid plain stone inside builds. (unless in cellars)
- I don't know about the open bedroom, you don't want to freeze to death.
- The street block mixing looks well varied and balanced, although IMO the stone bricks don't have a place in it, it's either paved or it isn't.
- General lack of realism regarding physics:
= Stone supported by wood.
= Stone supported by glass (lamps).
= Big roofs supported by nothing.
You don't want things to come crashing down.
- Roof design too boxy, go take a look in Dol Amroth and Minas Tirith for inspiration.
- I don't know about the dirt inside of the fountains/pools, it would wash away.

Mountain bridge inn:
- General terrain looks fine, just the trees need some more attention. (Ps: this is a very difficult thing to pull off so dw)
- The pillars and support of the bridge need more detail.
- The entrance to the cave looks kinda boxy.
- Here again, try to not overuse the stuff on the tables and the paintings.
- I think the chandelier is nice.
- Try to avoid glass touching dirt.
- Little harbor is lovely.

I'd like to finish by saying that I appreciate it a lot that you take the time to take decent screenshots with shaders. This shows that you pay attention and want your builds to look good.
Try the next themebuild whilst keeping some of the feedback in mind.

Goodluck;
Greetings;
Merl.