• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Suggestion Accurately Representing Tolkien's Works

greencaver

Moria Hall Professional
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
Our current map is 29k by 30k blocks. Our locations range from 1:4 scale to 1:1 scale. However, our terrain is 1:100 scale. I strongly believe that, in order to accurately represent Tolkien's world through our Minecraft world, we need to use world painter to create a new map of Middle Earth that has 1:1 scale terrain. This updated terrain will not only be more accurate, but it will also be better and easier for the project leads to work with than the old 2014 terrain that we are currently using, so it will make future projects easier.

#futureofmcme

1704008726071.png

Our current map is 29k by 30k blocks. Our locations range from 1:4 scale to 1:1 scale. However, our terrain is 1:100 scale. I strongly believe that, in order to accurately represent Tolkien's world through our Minecraft world, we need to use world painter to create a new map of Middle Earth that has 1:1 scale terrain. This updated terrain will not only be more accurate, but it will also be better and easier for the project leads to work with than the old 2014 terrain that we are currently using, so it will make future projects easier.

#futureofmcme
do it yourself then

#futureofmcme
I fully agree. Unfortunately this is not a plan but a dream.

- 1:1 map would require a server to handle about 200 TB of map data. I quickly checked prices. Would be about 2000 $ per month.
- The amount of work required to make a 1:1 map with acceptable quality is tremendous even when using modern terrain generation tools.

But ...

... never stop dreaming!