• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

1.13 Preparations

Eriol_Eandur

Head of Plugin Development
Staff member
Vala
Supporter
Credits
XP
Return of the King - The Scouring of the Shire said:
'Good, good!' cried Farmer Cotton. 'So it's begun at last! I've been itching for trouble all this year, but folks wouldn't help....'
Preparation for 1.13 Update
So with the Bungee network fairly working it's finally time to approach the 1.13 update. I'll update the servers one by one. While I'm working on one server you can continue building at the other servers. This means we'll have 1.12 AND 1.13 server in the network for some time, but if everything goes well, it will not be for too long. To update a server several steps are necessary:
  1. All blocks being unstable during world conversion need to be replaced with stable blocks by ChunkAnalysis plugin. These are a lot of blocks from the custom inventory but also simple stuff like hanging torches. Replacements for Moria RP is different from the other RPs. This is kind of a problem in plotworld and freebuild. As both RPs are used in these worlds we'll need to define resource regions to tell the plugin which replacements should be applied.
  2. Upgrade the server to 1.13 and start with full world conversion switch. The conversion takes some hours depending on map size.
  3. Undo the block replacements by new MCME-Editor plugin.
First server will be Plotworld. If that works fine I'll probably move to Mainworld, Moria and Newplayer servers. Themedbuilds and Freebuild will be last to update as I need your help to prepare the resource regions there. I already created resource regions at Plotworld but Themedbuilds and Freebuild is a bit too much for me.
To be converted correctly every single build in Freebuild and Themedbuilds needs to be in a matching resource region.
To get this done I gave permissions to all MCME Team to create resource regions in Freebuild world. If you have a build in Freebuild please ask a MCME Team member (Guide/Artist+) to create a resource region for your build. To do so these steps are required:
MCME Team members who want to help can also create resource regions on their own. But make sure all builds inside a region are in the same RP. Overlapping regions don't work in the upgrade process.

Last edited:
What happens if an area is not inside a resource pack region? Does everything turn into a sand dune or is it just the specific things like custom inventory and nophysics blocks that require it?

Outside resource pack regions custom inventory and nophysics blocks may vanish or change to other blocks. So it's not too bad.

Is there a way to tell the plugin to convert everything outside rp regions by the gondor rp conversion? So we can limit us on doing so regions for moria builds only?

All blocks that violate the vanilla minecraft placement rules may randomly vanish or change to other blocks. Examples are mushroom blocks (Gondor 2 RP) but also long and commonly used stuff like hanging torches.

Items in chests, will they be affected or in danger of disappearing by the conversion? I worry about my great collections of my custom made fireworks and banners in Freebuild.

I think you should add custom shading if you've downloaded optifine for and make it a bit more green in the mordor rp for Minas Morgul.

Last edited: