• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

#14/15 Tower of Ecthelion

Next weeks ThemedBuild:

• Taurdal

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Gardens of Lórien

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • Oliphaunt

Votes: 17 41.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Finrod_Amandil

Former Head Designer
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
ThemedBuild
ThemedBuilds run weekly, starting on Saturday or Sunday

Tower of Ecthelion
Reference: [Tolkiengateway]
Resourcepack: Gondor
ThemedBuilds are used in applications for the Artist rank.

Poll
Vote for next week's ThemedBuild in the poll above this post. If a topic remains unchosen four consecutive times it will be replaced with another option.
Choices:

How to participate
Use the following instructions to get your ThemedBuild working:
  • Join Freebuild server! IP: freebuild.mcmiddleearth.com
  • Get to the ThemedBuild area: /warp Ecthelion TB
  • Claim a plot: /theme
  • Go to your plot (after claiming): /theme toplot
  • Reset your plot if you want to start over: /theme resetplot
  • People who have reserved a lot but not built in it in the first 2 hours may have their claim

PS: Oliphaunts and Tower of Ecthelion had the same amount of votes; I flipped a coin for the decision.

Just and idea, but couldnt we have a sort of winner, or the "best" theme build goes on the Mcme times for a little while? It's a good way for advadventurers or players in general to get noticed for what they are good at :)

Just and idea, but couldnt we have a sort of winner, or the "best" theme build goes on the Mcme times for a little while? It's a good way for advadventurers or players in general to get noticed for what they are good at :)

Also, might do more people intrested in participating in the themebuilds

Its in no way a goal to get as many people doing the ThemedBuild as possible; the ThemedBuild is mainly for people who actively want to work for their artist promotion. Also picking a best one is in my opinion counter-productive as many players first have to gain the required skills to be able to compete with the builders that are just about to get promoted, so if the new players always seem to "lose" the ThemedBuilds, that may rather demotivate them and maybe even make them give up on getting artist.
Beside that it'd be again more work for a staff member to look through every build every week and pick a winner.

Its in no way a goal to get as many people doing the ThemedBuild as possible; the ThemedBuild is mainly for people who actively want to work for their artist promotion. Also picking a best one is in my opinion counter-productive as many players first have to gain the required skills to be able to compete with the builders that are just about to get promoted, so if the new players always seem to "lose" the ThemedBuilds, that may rather demotivate them and maybe even make them give up on getting artist.
Beside that it'd be again more work for a staff member to look through every build every week and pick a winner.

After reading this I think ur right, it was just an idea that popped up in my head and I had to know what you thought about it :)

That idea is represented in contests anyhow. They (mostly) require a great deal more of effort that some members don't wish to partake in, thus there is repressed representation; but it still stands as an effective means to display members of all ranks in their proficiency.