• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

2015-2016 group photos?

MaDIIReD

One Of Us, One of Us
Commoner
Credits
XP
@Genexos suggested taking a group photo of the people on this server, since we change so much over time. It reminded me of these two pictures:
3hmjxtR.jpg
jswtjUL.jpg

I personally think it would be pretty nice to have some group photos of the people playing atm for nostalgia reasons, so I'm 100% behind making his idea a reality.

Perhaps we could organise a time somewhere around the new year to take some of these pictures. Maybe several for a few groups:
  • everyone
  • staff
  • guides
  • artists
  • old members? (don't know about this one)
Probably the beest way to do it is make a list for each picture where people can sign up. We can than build podia on the plotworld like the one in the pictures above, and have a reserved spot for everyone on the list. Than we can take the group picture, and take individual pictures of people who can't make it that day, to photoshop them in later.

@Genexos suggested taking a group photo of the people on this server, since we change so much over time. It reminded me of these two pictures:

I personally think it would be pretty nice to have some group photos of the people playing atm for nostalgia reasons, so I'm 100% behind making his idea a reality.

Perhaps we could organise a time somewhere around the new year to take some of these pictures. Maybe several for a few groups:
  • everyone
  • staff
  • guides
  • artists
  • old members? (don't know about this one)
Probably the beest way to do it is make a list for each picture where people can sign up. We can than build podia on the plotworld like the one in the pictures above, and have a reserved spot for everyone on the list. Than we can take the group picture, and take individual pictures of people who can't make it that day, to photoshop them in later.
Regarding the form, I don't think that 6 months is enough to call someone a senior member.....I think at least a year would be better.

Myeah, we could take group photo's of people who joined in the same year if people would like that better. People who have already filled in the form would have to come back and update it though.

Hey, just noticed this, guessing it hasn't happened..? The dates are now all old so... (also can the groups include ex of that rank?)

Hey, just noticed this, guessing it hasn't happened..? The dates are now all old so... (also can the groups include ex of that rank?)
I signed up for one and never got a notice of it....so I'm pretty sure it didn't happen. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

@MaDIIReD do you still want to organize this? If not, I think it's a cool idea, so I'll organize the photos;)
Please, I'm a massive scrub and people at Uni are a bunch of bastards who've planned exams from december to mid january. Between studying and keeping up with IRL social stuff over new years eve I put everything else on the back burner :/ Tomorrow afternoon is my last exam though so I'll be back in action after than.

I've closed signups through the form. If you still want in you can make a post in the thread here.

I was thinking of making some podia like the one in the pictures I linked. One for each group. I'll be working on that tuesday or wednesday if you want to help out ;) I do apologise for the massive delay though, I had clearly underestimated the amount of work I would be doing with studying. I already regret going for the cum laude :p

This sounds nostalgic, I love nostalgy! :D Are we doing goups for each joining years or a staff-veteran photo? Either way I'd like to join :)