• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted 2nah's Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

2nah

Sneaky Anvil Dropper
Commoner
Credits
XP
Date joined:
20th march 2020

Jobs:
Marshes concept in Fenmarch with designer Darki -> Link
Digging holes in the ground for marshes in Fenmarch with designer Darki -> Link
Vegetation removal in Osgiliath with foreman FoolHardyFish -> Link
Adding pink wool & andesite to the walls in Osgiliath with head builder barteldvn -> Link
Cleaning walls in Osgiliath with head builder barteldvn -> Link
Forming terrain near Fenmarch with designer Darki -> Link
Even more terrain forming near Fenmarch with designer Darki -> Link
Smoothing caves and fixing paths in Moria with head builder barteldvn -> Link
Making a road near Andrew's Castle with designer Oberanio -> Link
Derp fixing trees in Andrast and other places with artist Mithrilled (trial job) -> Link
Adding stalagmites and stalactites to + smoothing donut cave -> Link
Making bushes and small trees in Belfalas with artist Mithrilled (trial job) -> Link
Making bushes and small trees in Belfalas with head builder barteldvn -> Link
Making more shrubs in Belfalas with head builder barteldvn -> Link

Plotbuilds:
Vegetating a house in Osgiliath for foreman FoolhardyFish -> Link
Vegetating a house in Osgiliath for foreman FoolhardyFish #2 -> Link
Vegetating a house in Osgiliath for foreman FoolhardyFish #3 -> Link
Vegetating a house in Osgiliath for foreman FoolhardyFish #4 -> Link (did this one with Thamso)

My comments: I've done a decent amount of jobs and recently a bunch of plotbuilds in Osgiliath for FoolhardyFish

Themed-builds:
- Minas Tirith Street (197 / 4 / 46076) -> Link
Statue & buildings inspired by Minas Tirith in the main world.
- Ruined Anórien Village (382 / 7 / 46734) -> Link
Village & castle inspired by Dol Caranthan in the main world.
- Mineshaft[FFA] (1007 / 67 / 47279) -> Link
Greatly inspired by the Moria mineshafts in the main world.
- Castle[FFA] (2147 / 19 / 48021) -> Link
Inspired by many different castles, together with Palla's tours.

My comments: MT Street was my first themebuild. At that time I didn't really know what I was doing yet, so I did a little revamp of it. After some weeks I started another themebuild, called Ruined Anórien Village. This time I knew what I wanted, and so I did. My third themebuild, Mineshaft[FFA] took me at least 30 hours of work (I enjoyed most of it though) and at last Castle[FFA].

Additional Builds:
- Medieval house made in a survival server a while back -> Link
- Mordor tower -> Link
- Dol Amroth styled house -> Link
- Osgiliath style ruin -> Link
- Album with commoner room & city jobs -> Link
- Project DaBay [WIP] -> Link
- Beyond the Clouds Project [WIP] -> Link
- Moria Style Builds -> Link
- Anorien House 1 -> Link
- Trees -> Link

My comments: The corona situation made me build all kinds of builds, even started a bigger project. Not much to say, just some builds to show my skills.

Your interests:
Anything is fine, not that I'm particularly amazing at every style, but that'll for sure develop by time. My interest lays mostly by Gondorian builds and recently Moria builds aswell. Things such as terraforming isn't a problem either, I think I'm pretty decent at it.

Your motivation:
For me, MCME is quite a rare server, considering the generosity of the community and how well organized this server is. It's something I would probably not come across again. Thus I want to take the chance and help this tremendous project to recreate Tolkien's fantasy world. Being an artist is mostly being part of the community, together with interacting with people and of course, a lot of building!

- tuna

Last edited:
Hey @2nah Thank you for (finally?) applying for Artist!

It's up to you to keep updating this application. I will check in from time to time and give feedback when I think it's needed. This thread might help you as well.

Good luck!

Update:
Added pictures to 'Commoner room & city jobs' marked with 'Update'

D3rr3x helped me replicate the building.

Update:
Added 'Vegetating a house in Osgiliath for foreman FoolHardyFish' to Plotbuilds

Hey @2nah Thank you for applying for Artist!

It's up to you to keep updating this application. I will check in from time to time and give feedback when I think it's needed. This thread might help you as well.

Good luck!

Osgiliath ruin:
- That looks overall pretty good
- Maybe would have added a bit of dirt and vegetation to the balcony
- The bottem floor could also use a bit more vegetation: more grass and a flower clump.

Anorien ruin:
- That's actually really cool at a first glance
- I like the different levels of ruining on the houses
- The floor mixing would be more grassy, considering there were never any stone roads in the first place
- We don't have any of that type of terrain in Anorien, it also doesn't seem very likely to occur in nature, but it looks pretty good.
- I would say the vegetation could again be improved, you forgot the dead bushes, jungle saplings, flowers and trees.
- Overall pretty good.

Update:
Added 'Smoothing caves and fixing paths in Moria with head builder barteldvn' to Jobs

Update:
Added 'Vegetating a house in Osgiliath for foreman FoolHardyFish #2' to Plotbuilds

Update:
Added 'Beyond the Clouds Project [WIP]' to Additional Builds

Update:
Added 'Vegetating a house in Osgiliath for foreman FoolHardyFish #3' to Plotbuilds

Update:
Added 'Making a road near Andrew's Castle with designer Oberanio' to Jobs

D3rr3x helped aswell.

Update:
Added 'Derp fixing trees in Andrast and other places with artist Mithrilled' to Jobs

Update:
Added 'Vegetating a house in Osgiliath for foreman FoolhardyFish #4' to Plotbuilds

Teamed up with Thamso this time.

(I'm currently working very hard on the Mineshaft[FFA] TB)

Update:
Added 'Mineshaft[FFA]' to Themed-builds

Took me a while :^)
Hello 2Nah

- I quite like the overall feeling however I do have some critisims
- Your hall design is VERY fancy for a (connector?) hall in a mining area, I'd expect way less detail for such halls.
- On top of that the design is a bit too over detailed for current Moria styles.
- I kind of like the ravine area, you did a good job at making the wooden walkway design look better than we have it currently in Moria, though I'm not sold on the idea of the design, because in general it seems quite ineffective.
- Your wooden structures look alright, lot's of cranes and ropes keeping the mine interesting.
- Do avoid useless ropes and other pointless stuff.
- Paper on the ground in a mine? cages? coloured chests? jars? bottles?
- The warehouse looks unsupported because of a flat roof (vaulted ceilings!!). Example for styles: 1 2

Status
Not open for further replies.