• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

#7/15 Durthang

Next weeks ThemedBuild:

• Iant Iaur (old bridge)

Votes: 22 62.9%
  • Fell Beast

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Lossoth huts

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Finrod_Amandil

Former Head Designer
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
ThemedBuild
ThemedBuilds run weekly, starting around Saturday 9PDT/17GMT.

'Durthang'
Reference: [Tolkiengateway] [Thainsbook]
Resourcepack: Gondor
ThemedBuilds are used in applications for the Artist rank.

Poll
Vote for next week's ThemedBuild in the poll above this post. If a topic remains unchosen four consecutive times it will be replaced with another option.
Choices:

How to participate
Use the following instructions to get your ThemedBuild working:
  • Join Freebuild server! IP: freebuild.mcmiddleearth.com
  • Get to the ThemedBuild world: /warp theme
  • Claim a plot: /theme
  • Go to your plot (after claiming): /theme toplot
  • Reset your plot if you want to start over: /theme resetplot
  • People who have reserved a lot but not built in it in the first 2 hours may have their claim removed by staff members, and staff members only.
  • Staff will not help you with terraforming, copy-pasting, flipping or moving your ThemedBuilds. They can however move your ThemedBuild to a different world when the time has run out. This is to reassure that your build, including terrain, is entirely your work.

Artist Application Guidelines
How to apply for Artist
  • You'll need screenshots of at least one ThemedBuild as part of an Artist application.
  • Screenshots should be taken using the resourcepack defined at the top of this post.
  • Take at least one screenshot of your ThemedBuild with your lot-sign clearly visible.
  • Upload your screenshots to an image hoster, preferably make an album on imgur.com
  • Apply >>here<< by making a thread with your username as title, and follow >>this format<<

How do I go about requesting that my previous ThemedBuild, Lond Daer, be moved so that I can continue to work on it? I really feel that there is a lot that I can learn from re-doing some parts and finishing it up. :)

How do I go about requesting that my previous ThemedBuild, Lond Daer, be moved so that I can continue to work on it? I really feel that there is a lot that I can learn from re-doing some parts and finishing it up. :)
You can bug a designer on the build server to go to the freebuild server to move your Lond Dear for you.

Bummed that it is looking like I won't get to finish my Durthang TB. Installed Windows 7 to replace my Windows XP that I have been using for years and now windows 7 won't recognize my SATA drive (which is where Windows7 is installed).

Good luck to all of you doing the TB. :)

How do I get rid of my old plots that are preventing me from getting new ones?
You can only claim one plot per ThemedBuild. You can however reset it with /theme resetplot. If you mean with "old plots" plots from previous ThemedBuilds, you can simply type /theme and you'll get a plot in the newest TB.

is it possible to warp to latest theme without it claiming one?

/warp theme is not updated to latest one

is it possible to warp to latest theme without it claiming one?

/warp theme is not updated to latest one
There is a command for that in development, but else no. However i can make a warp there

Edit: ./warp Iant Iaur TB (or just /warp iant)