• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

_mapthor's Meme Manager Application

mapthor

Events Manager
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
Disclaimer
Yes I know this is a public Staff application, but knowing that it would be denied in a heartbeat, I have made it public. Getting Meme Manager in the eyes of the public is more important than the official rank. Plus, it makes for a better joke in the end​

Minecraft Username: mapthor

Date Joined: February 16th, 2017

Are you regularly on our voice communication? Yes

Do you actively speak on our voice communication? Yes

Do you have any particular skills? For half a decade now, I have been creating memes surrounding the Minecraft-Middle Earth Community by using many different mediums. Still images, videos, gifs, and soon to be interactive experiences. By doing this, I have learned what it takes to create a good meme, how it impacts the viewer, and what makes it funny. While I have not nailed the practice, I hope this application will lead me to learn more about the art of meme creation and give me more experiences to understand what comedy truly is on our server. I was also a member of "The Staff Consultancy" group which turned out to be a meme in and of itself after failing to get Xmine into the Designer rank. We literally made the server just for that and look where we are now.

Resume of Memes:
Total Drama Minecraft Middle-Earth
MCME Year in Review 2020 Opening
MCME Year in Review 2020 (Ranks Segment)
MCME Year in Review 2021 Opening

MCME Year in Review 2021 (Ranks Segment, Staff Meeting, Credits, and Post Credits)

Context: Harlond Revamp completion
1646849872369.png

Context: Xmine resigning and not getting Designer
1646849893885.png

Context: Lettuce Land being used over an stage that was built for the Opening Ceremony
1646850301941.png

Context: Commoners complaining about Team Members only using Team Chat and excluding everyone else
1646850345024.png

Context: Tidc calling out Dyno as a boomer
1646850389799.png

Context: Mershy explores too much in open world games
1646850419424.png

Context: Spawned from a "What If?" discussion in the Shark Tank regarding ranks
1646850432636.png

Context: Literally anyone coming back to Guide after stepping down
1646850466882.png

Context: Commoners are the server's work force
1646850504860.png

Context: Valar trying to hide #rtx-channel
1646850536622.png

Context: Isengard got lit up during the Charity Stream Event
1646850582743.png

Context: A wave of Manager Applicants getting denied at the Staff Meeting
1646850612022.png

Why are you applying for this rank? MCME needs for memes, and professional ones at that. While there are out outliers (@Wyattrox03) creating amazing memes on the fly, #off-topic is filled to the brim with bad memes, unfunny gifs, and overall a depressing experience. But, we can change that. My main reason for applying is to teach people how to create memes revolving around Minecraft Middle-Earth. How to take a topic, spicy or tame, and use it to your advantage to make people laugh and see it through a different light. In the end, memes are a powerful tool that can be used to sway the opinion of any person. If you make fun of it in the right light, you'll get people to realize the other side of the situation. Take MANAGERLOOP for example. This meme poking fun at the Manager situation showed the general public that applying for Manager probably won't get you anywhere. The tagline "If at first you don't succeed, apply, apply again." shows that everyone is getting denied because Staff doesn't need any more Managers. Memes are an art form and I want to help show the community that.

What is a good Staff member to you? A good Staff member is one that leads the server in some way, shape, or form. Whether that be building, texturing, event planning, etc. They should be the forefront of the operation and see it through to completion.

Yes, this is a giant shitpost. That being said, if I can get a response from the Staff regarding this app, I'll take it :)

Last edited:
I would give you this role in a heartbeat, not sure if the adminis would tho!

Hey mapthor! Good app. I would like you to maybe reconsider the position you are applying for, however. Based on your resume and looking at your skills I think you would be better suited to apply for the video team. Maybe you can learn something from the guys ... make some friends? They are great people. Doing honest work.

Anyway. Let me know if you need more feedback. Hope to see you make yourself useful again soon!

Hey mapthor! Good app. I would like you to maybe reconsider the position you are applying for, however. Based on your resume and looking at your skills I think you would be better suited to apply for the video team. Maybe you can learn something from the guys ... make some friends? They are great people. Doing honest work.

Anyway. Let me know if you need more feedback. Hope to see you make yourself useful again soon!
1646859642788.png