• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

A Brand New Builder Base

Mithrilled

Another Moria Worker
Commoner
Credits
XP
Hey everyone,
So lately there has been lots of talk about a new artist base. Everyone has different ideas, so I thought it would be useful to make a thread to post these ideas in. Here are some ideas I have already heard:
There will be a central floating island, which will be the "hub" of the artist base. There will be different sizes of islands branching off of this island, maybe connected using wooden bridges. The idea is that every artist gets their own island, and is pretty much free to build whatever they want on that island. On top of that (actually it's below) there will be, as Ryttyr says: "A ceremonial building at the ground in a simpler style (so it doesn't take forever to build), kinda like the Guide HQ (but cooler obviously) where we have stuff like name signs for all the artists, memorials for important things and other such things. Then in the air above it we have the awesome floating structure of mixed designs."
I already kind of planned out the central island, and Rytt is already busy planning the building on the ground. However, if you have any ideas or want to change something, please comment on this thread or just change it in game. I (and I think we all do) want this to be a place where you can relax if you are tired of building in the main world. If anyone wants to make the central island, please do, I can't voxel (I tried :()
Here is a cool concept I found:
1572781674068.png

Since were not using this thread should we just remove it? Or should we start to actually use it? If so we should probably change it's title to "A Brand New Builder HQ".