• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

A letter to everyone, also you. Somewhat of a resignation letter.

JarNO_WAY

Slab Fanatic
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
Hello everyone.
I do not know why I felt it necessary to share this, but I think that some have a different idea from me than what I'd like it to be. I want to tell everyone how much I appreciate MCME, and mostly you, the people that make it the place that it is for me today. No matter if yoi joined yesterday or in 2012, it is aimed at you. Please be nice :)

For many years, I have sought like-minded people. People who share my interests, share the way I view the world, share the way I like to live my life. I shared lots of it with my brother, with friends I made in my life, etcetera. But aspects were always missing. In so much stuff I couldn't share my thoughts. I'd never have thought that these people were centered around MCME.

I don't remember when exactly I became active on MCME. When i first joined I was baffled by it's size, by the scale of the project and the streamlined management. In fact, I didn't even consider taking an active part in it. But when I started playimg a little more, I gathered some knowledge about the place; a bunch of open, friendlu people who share my love for both Minecraft AND Tolkien! My first couple of messages on discord were in fact on lore discussion, because I found someplace to share interests. And as I grew a place in tje community, I knew I wanted to be a part of it. An intricate web of team and staff members, that seemed pretty confusing to me. Taking Tolkien and Minecraft so seriously, I knew I had to be in this place. I remember my first job fondly. Foreman Bart asked "do you guys aspire for a rank some day?" "Oh, I'd love to become an artist someday," is what I said. I'm pretty sure it was actually the first time I talked with my voice to a stranger on the internet. It didn't feel weird, awkward or forced, which always held me back from talking to strangers on the internet. We had a jolly old time making roads in Belfalas, and it sealed my affection for the server.

But when I continued playing, joining jobs for my future artist application, I saw many new people coming on, just as baffled by the scale of MCME as I was. And I felt like helping them. That's when the guide role came on my radar. I also discovered I'm not as great a minecraft architect as I saw myself before joining MCME, so it was a win-win scenario for me. But for long I stayed me hand from typing an application. Questions and doubts clouded my judgement, so I waited. Then there was a dude whose name I do not remember who ran from bag end all the way to Umbar one day. If he made it, I'd apply for guide, I told him. He made it, I applied. I never saw the legend again, but I stayed active on MCME until, after 2 months or so, I finally got a reaction for a trial tour. I messed up the starting times, it was a 3 hour long mess of people asking stupid questions, but who cared? It was fun and engaging, and had some nice lore info too if you paid realllyyyyy close attention. Anyways, tje council decided I was good enough, and young guide Jar was a thing.

Only 2 weeks after, I co-hosted the MCME awards. I wasn't familiar with the community at all however, so I messed up a bunch of meanings, didn't know what the hell anyone was talking about, but did I enjoy? Yeah, of course. It was a sense of belonging and community.

This story probably bored you terribly. During my guideship, I got familiar with about every aspect of the MCME community. And that was where the fun began. There were all these great people who seemed to share so many interests and views. And almost every day I kept discovering someone on MCME shared an exact passion I have. Tolkien, of course, but also home workouts, an entire community of worldbuilders (a project that I spent half my life on, so it moved me to see some likewise people in this), fans of The Last Of Us (love you Matthew <3), fans of philosophy, members of okbuddyretard and so much more. But it didn't stop at interests; when having some conversations, I discovered that like-minded people have like-minded views. Every single one of you is exceptionally smart. And I don't just say that for the hell of it. I genuinely think it's the truth. I can see the difference with other communities. And when having some conversation, I think I deep down discovered something. To me, MCME wasn't a place to grow in anymore. I no longer needed a rank to be happy here, what I needed was the exceptional people that I found here, who I will never forget. Wether it was the people with whom I felt sheltered (the fellow rangers, and Raffyyy especially), the people with whom I could laugh (big shoutout to everyone in the late-night off-topic conversations that made lonely quarantine nights alot less lonely) and those who share my mindset, my place and experience in the world, no matter on what part of the beautiful planet earth you might live; we're all humans after all. But also a big thank you to everyone I've interacted with. Big or small, even if it was justa greeting. Although I may not recall every moment I've had with you people, don't forget that every moment here has taken some part in shaping my opinion on MCME that it is today. I love this community, and I love every single one of you as a brother or sister, for making this an experience that I will never, ever in my life forget, seriously. Thank you.

~Jarno

I think this goes for everyone that's ever took an active role in the server, quite simply, a place we will all never forget :)

I remember all those moons ago, seeing you online helping some players, and letting the other Guides know you could potentially make a good guide. A few days later you said something really dumb so I think I redacted that statement but still. Fast forward nearly a year and after a trial tour down the anduin full of quite frankly rubbish questions like "what does the M stand for in MCME" , I was given the task of mentoring you to be a guide. I look at where you've come from those early sessions with me, you and Wazowski, and I can't help but smile. You've been amazing Jar, I say on behalf of many, thank you for everything. It's been a blast, and an utmost pleasure working with somebody like you. :)

Jar you are an incredible person, an incredible friend and one of the key members of MCME. You are funny, kind and caring and im not sure what the server would be like without you. Keep on being amazing <3