• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

A place to put old or outdated locations

SusieKnight

Expert Stream Digger
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
Hi there
I have an idea about the server today. For now, we have many places under revamping now, like Linhir, Cairo Andros, Dol Calen. I think if it's a good idea to put some old locations in a different dimension, so people can visit them if they're still interested. As some of the old locations are looking totally different with the new one, especially Dol Calen, the current Dol Calen is a ruined village, but the old one is an unruined village.

A few are kept in plot world like old harlond and old linhir and a few in schematics. Some builds you can only find now in old editions of the map which we also have. The problem with putting them all in plot world is just that it takes a lot of space :p

Could there also be an issue with the resource packs, some builds date from a time with a different rp and might look totally derped or different from how they originally were

Hi there
I have an idea about the server today. For now, we have many places under revamping now, like Linhir, Cairo Andros, Dol Calen. I think if it's a good idea to put some old locations in a different dimension, so people can visit them if they're still interested. As some of the old locations are looking totally different with the new one, especially Dol Calen, the current Dol Calen is a ruined village, but the old one is an unruined village.
Old Dol Calen remains on the map, it has just been moved. You can find it a bit west of Cair Andros (though the fields are being redone).

I went to west of Cair Andros, I still don't see it
1679976525071.png

That's the old Dol Calen on the left which has been flipped 180 degrees.