• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Adventure Map Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

BevsForBros

Slab Fanatic
Supporter
Credits
XP
Just wanted to post really quick and give an update on the adventure map since I know people are looking forward to it. I took the weekend to code in all of the mobs onto the map. It sure took me a while but the big part is complete. Just a few things at the end to spruce up, some final things to check after that, and then it should be done!

I will be busy over the weekend for Easter, so I'm going to go ahead and finish it up before then. Provided that there are no major bugs in the map when I give it the once over, I will release it sometime this week.

Adventure Map Alpha test complete! Everything seems to be working well, having been away from the map for a while I am stunned at how enjoyable and engaging it is (if do I say so myself). The map has never been this close to completion so I am happy to announce that its release can be expected very soon! I promise!

Well, we found a ton of issues, looks like it might take another month or two to....

Naw just kidding. Issues are all fixed. If our 2nd test today goes well (which we expect it to) the map will be essentially completed. Look for a release hopefully Sunday, or sometime during next week most likely.

Bad news campers. Due to a freak glitch on my computer and a simultaneous crash of the github servers, the Adventure Map Resource Pack has been totally erased. Looks like we'll have to start from scratch...

LOL JK JMWYDCO! (Just Messing With You Dude, Come On) Wop. Wop. The Resource Pack is done! Final commits pushed, polished, and spit-shiney. :p

Nothing holding us back now...

One more quick update. The map is essentially fit for release at this point. However there are a few changes I want to make so that I feel it is up to my expectations. We will still try and release it this week, but I am not giving any date. It will get done when I feel the map is in a state ready for release, so please don't ask me when it's being released. It will likely be a prominent announcement on the forums so you won't miss it. Q is also working on a website that will have the download and all other information, and we won't release it until this is ready. Thanks for your patience!

Updates and changes are complete. When the map is out there are bound to be glitches and bugs that occur, we ask that during your play through you report such things on the forum post. Expect the first few days after release to be slightly buggy, we will fix the problems when we get the chance. As of now there are no major issues remaining so keep an eye out for the announcement on the home page, we hope you enjoy the map. Start getting your teams together!

Updates and changes are complete. When the map is out there are bound to be glitches and bugs that occur, we ask that during your play through you report such things on the forum post. Expect the first few days after release to be slightly buggy, we will fix the problems when we get the chance. As of now there are no major issues remaining so keep an eye out for the announcement on the home page, we hope you enjoy the map. Start getting your teams together!
Do you think maybe it's a better idea to have the community here.. beta test it before releasing it to everyone else? That way we can find all the bugs an have them be fixed before the majority of the people who will play the map get their hands on it.

Bevs and I have tested this map so much, we have fixed almost all the bugs. The Map is perfectly playable and suitable for public release, but like all adventure maps there are always one or two things we overlook.

We have discussed this, and decided that doing it is pointless really. From past experience with Fall of Gondolin we saw that it took a long while for the map to get noticed and become as popular as it did, despite the fact we had a trailer released with the map. We have done three separate beta tests throughout the two years of work on this map, and I'm sure everyone here agrees that we'd much rather just release it to everyone ASAP.

People on MCME have known about the map for ages and therefore will surely be the first ones to play the map when it is released (anyone on MCME knows the map getting released soon and knows to keep an eye on the homepage, the general public don't know this). The public will take ages to notice the map like they did before, so in a way, the map IS exclusive to MCME as all of its members have had access to all the exclusive information and teasers. Having another beta test and having two separate release dates just creates more work for me, Bevs and Q. :)

Last edited:
Do you think maybe it's a better idea to have the community here.. beta test it before releasing it to everyone else? That way we can find all the bugs an have them be fixed before the majority of the people who will play the map get their hands on it.

We did have a beta test of the map, I think twice if I am correct. This was mainly to see if there were parts of the map people didn't like, or there weren't enough weapons or food. We sorted all of this out a while back. Any of the bugs and glitches are easier for just us to sort out, mainly due to the fact that we know every nook and cranny of this map. That way when something isn't working we know it.

However at this point we have squashed basically every bug that we know of. Anything at all that might happen to turn up is minor and won't be game breaking.

URAG wasn't it supposed to be out a while ago? I just can't wait!

An adventure map is never late, nor is it early. It arrives precisely when it's creators get around to finishing it!

Seriously though, everything map wise is done (no more bugs, which is great because they were the sole reason the release kept getting moved back). The MCEdit stuff is very easy to do, then it has to be put on the website. Both shouldn't take long at all.

Last edited:
An adventure map is never late, nor is it early. It arrives precisely when it's creators get around to finishing it!

Seriously though, everything map wise is done (no more bugs, which is great because they were the sole reason the release kept getting moved back). The MCEdit stuff is very easy to do, then it has to be put on the website. Both shouldn't take long at all.
@BevsForBros @q220

Keen eyes or old memories remember the old web page that used to host the adventure map. But it isn't available to download just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.