• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Adventures and Stories

Arkengard

Moria Hall Professional
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
This last week I experienced the true meaning of "Be careful of what you say" for I made a bet that I could walk from the Western Texas Border to Dallas.

Little did I know they would take me up to this... So one night as my parents were flying to France for the week, I went to sleep and woke up outside a town called Dell City. I was dazed and confused and I thought it was a dream... I reached into my pocket and found twenty dollars and a note saying "We're holding you to your word, have a nice trip!" from my friends who left me there... So I walked into town to the gas station and had a talk with a mexican who hardly spoke english... At this store I bought a gallon of water, a match box, and a 5 pound bag of potatos... I left the town around 7:00 AM and made East... I passed over mountainous dunes and sandy fields... I fell asleep on the top of a dune and got eaten by mosquitos all night.

The next morning I walked to Orla (A small trucking community) and continued on to the small city Kermit. I slept on the side of the road after refilling my water pack. I passed several counties and towns over the course of three days. On the night of the fourth day I found a farm house and spent the night fixing their computer from which I messaged Lizzy who turned out to be no help at all. The owners (Mr. and Mrs. Olliver) Gave me food and a bed and bug spray. I said goodbye early the next morning after a nice shower and traversed many fields and neighborhoods until I hit Cleburne on my sixth day.

My legs tired and my mind exhausted... I cooked my potato dinner and fell asleep... I ran hard and far this morning and met up with my now girlfriend and walked the rest of the way home to Southern Dallas.
Craziest adventure of my life... Craziest adventure of my life... Share yours...

gwVQhzo.png

In European terms:

Cd5WfFk.png

Your friends really made you walk 500 miles?

edit: 83 miles a day in the Texan summer? Really?

Last edited:
>Finds a house which will allow him to use their computer
>Doesn't use it to message someone he trusts in the same country as him
>Messages someone from a Minecraft community
>I literally can't even
Lol funny story: I forgot my facebook password :L I did call my mom on a public tele in Cleburne though. And I go on many backpacking and cross country trips Fornad. I ran five miles and walked 1 over and over again

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydney_to_Melbourne_Ultramarathon

The best ultra-marathoners in the world hold similar times for similar distances, and they usually have aid stations every 15 miles or so.

I'm not saying I don't believe you, just that you should consider taking part in these races as the winners can receive pretty hefty cash prizes.

It's also pretty crazy how your friends managed to transport you 500 miles whilst you were asleep.

Last edited:
gwVQhzo.png

In European terms:

Cd5WfFk.png

Your friends really made you walk 500 miles?

edit: 83 miles a day in the Texan summer? Really?
This would be a walking pace of 3.46 (to 2d.p.) mph. This is assuming arkengard walked constantly. If he had 8 hours sleep every day, he would have to walk 5.19 (to 2d.p.) mph. Average walking speed is about 3.1mph.

This would be a walking pace of 3.46 (to 2d.p.) mph. This is assuming arkengard walked constantly. If he had 8 hours sleep every day, he would have to walk 5.19 (to 2d.p.) mph. Average walking speed is about 3.1mph.

16 hours of running/walking with no stops in around 30-35C temperatures (86-95F), every day for six days, whilst carrying food and water, and being completely unprepared and unsupported, is still an incredible physical feat.

16 hours of running/walking with no stops in around 30-35C temperatures (86-95F), every day for six days, whilst carrying food and water, and being completely unprepared and unsupported, is still an incredible physical feat.
I'm not saying its not incredible, I'm just saying I'm a bit skeptical looking at the stats. The movement speed is very high.

I'm not saying its not incredible, I'm just saying I'm a bit skeptical looking at the stats. The movement speed is very high.

Oh, I thought that you were arguing that it is at least do-able (which it is, technically), not casting doubt. I think we're in agreement here.

edit: I meant incredible in its actual sense. :p

Last edited:
fairs doos for walking that far sometimes i can't even be arsed walking to the shops down the end of my road