• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Allow plot editing after review completion

blacknazgul13

Is going on an adventure!
Supporter
Credits
XP
I was thinking it might be nice to be able to edit plots that have been submitted, even if they've passed, so that you can continue to improve it and implement the feedback received, and maybe fix any derps you realized you made after you already submitted it. Obviously as it already passed you can't submit if for review again, but it would be nice to have that satisfaction of being able to bring your plot past the passing score. And if you made any derps, you would be able to fix them and not have them preserved forever for all who fly by to see. So yeah, I'd like plots be able to be edited after the review score is given, although you still wouldn't be able to edit them while the plot is being reviewed.

On the one hand I am surprised to learn a plot can't be edited after being submitted for review. In Theme Build a plot can be edited forever and that would seem to be the precedent worth following by some.

On the other hand, in addition to five more fingers, you have the fact that most plots in main and plot world are submitted for review and are finalized with no chance of ever being changed again once approved. After all, any editing done after the approval process is done would also be flagged as "approved" even if it's something that detracts from the piece overall. For this reason I think that once it's submitted for review and approved (or whatever the correct terminology is) it should stand as is because that is what was approved, not everything else that you were planning to build.

Hm, I suppose that does make sense, but it's still really annoying to live with my approved derps xD