• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Cancelled Alpapy Artist Application (AAA)

Alpapy

Is going on an adventure!
Commoner
Credits
XP
Date/introduction
Hi Bart, Eriol, and whoever else may be reading this! My name is Richard, more commonly known (at least on MCME) as Alpapy, I'm a 20 year old Aerospace Engineering major from the West Coast of the USA who has been playing Minecraft since 2013. I'm very excited to be finally submitting my artist application after about a year and a half on MCME. I joined around October or November of 2018, however, I didn't become an active member of the MCME community until around April of 2019.

Jobs and Plotbuilds:
-Anorien/Osgiliath

Birdo7 with ooitsBirdo
I worked on building guard towers around Osgiliath
2020-05-20_18.46.56.png

Birdo6 with ooitsBirdo
I worked on further ruining and block mixing on the dome of stars and the adjacent tower which held the palantir.
2020-05-20_18.51.36.png

2020-05-20_18.52.47.png

Anorienstreams with TeamPalladian
digging out streams in Anorien (I do not have screenshots nor do I remember exactly where this was since it was a few months ago and I failed to take any screenshots then)

-Moria
Two dwarven houses in The Central Dwelling with NicovictheSixth (at the time Nicovicthefifth)
(2nd photo feat GingerlyGinger1 lol)
2020-05-20_17.54.05 - Copy.png

2020-05-20_17.53.48.png

-Moria cave smoothing with TeamPalladian (was his trial job for foreman, can't remember exactly the name) (also I don't totally remember where it is because Moria is a maze so I sadly don't have screenshots)

Theme Builds
-Annuminas Ruining (7911,64,40475)

Initial planning (I have since learned to use red for buildings)
2019-08-03_22.26.50.png

mostly completed pre-ruining theme
2019-08-13_21.29.59.png

Ruining concept in front of finished unruined theme
2020-05-05_17.19.16.png

Finished product!
2020-05-20_17.44.59.png

2020-05-20_18.40.01.png

2020-05-20_18.41.19.png

2020-05-20_18.37.59.png

Additional Builds
Art Gallery for Mithlondel (exterior only)
2020-05-20_20.52.23.png

2020-05-20_20.52.42.png

Singleplayer city
(sadly I lost this world when i forgot to copy over my Minecraft data when I got a new computer but thankfully I still have a few pictures)
IMG_1504.jpg

IMG_1502.JPG

Interests
My favorite styles are elvish and Gondorian, however, the styles I am most comfortable building as of right now are Gondorian and Dwarven (more old Gondorian but the new style also comes fairly easily to me). Based on its appearance in the movies Mordorian styles could also be very fun for me once that is underway. Outside of Lord of the Rings, I like to build things from the Hobbit and Simarillion (lol jk). I have recently taken an interest in medieval Scandinavian architecture and have been building longhouses in my survival worlds and realms (I love the iconic roof style).

Motivation
The first time I logged into MCME I was in absolute awe of what had been built, a feeling which is still there every time I get on. My motivation to apply, I'm sure isn't particularly unique on this server in that I love Tolkien's Middle Earth and I love Minecraft. This server to me is a place where a bunch of people who love these same things I do can work together to do our best work to honor the most expansive and detailed fantasy world ever put to paper. When I first heard about the server in 2018 I knew it was something I wanted to help with, however, my major is very demanding and I wasn't able to get very involved until much later. I can't promise that MCME is or will be my top priority but I think I have more than enough time and skill to be a valuable contributor to this incredible project. There are admittedly many parts of building that I have much to learn about, but I’m a quick and eager learner. Before my Annuminas theme build, I was almost completely incapable of doing vegetation and block mixing, however, from a few misc jobs on osgo houses (which i didn't list under jobs because I dont remember who lead them or which houses I did) I think I got a fairly good handle on it and have really put it to practice. I am proud of the progress I've made and the builds I have contributed to the server and will continue to do so regardless of the acceptance or denial of my application. The purpose of my application, I suppose, is that I believe I have more to contribute and I would be able to do more to help as an artist. Specifically, I am looking to help out in Osgiliath and Moria as currently my most comfortable styles are Gondorian or ruined builds, however, I would also love to contribute to other projects with a bit of guidance until I have its style mastered.

Thank you for your time and consideration,
-Alpapy

P.S.
(The server seems to have reset the date I joined to November 2019, however, I am certain this is in error, especially since i was a part of the battle of Helm's Deep with Node last summer, and this glitch may explain why I no longer have access to some of my older theme builds)

Last edited:
Hey @Alpapy Thank you for applying for Artist!

It's up to you to keep updating this application. I will check in from time to time and give feedback when I think it's needed. This thread might help you as well.

Good luck!

Ruined theme:
- Your ruined themed build looks actually pretty good structure wise.
- Try adding a bit more dirt, gravel, mud.... in other words non stone blocks to the ground. Especially next to the outside wall, where there wouldn't be no road.
- Add more vegetation: wheat stages 1-2, mossy and dirt cover on the stone blocks. More grass and flowers on the dirt/grass blocks.
- Remove the leave vines, we don't do those anymore.

Mithlond theme:
- The contrast between the white and the grey is way too harsh
- The windows could be made out of white stained glass, would match better
- More vegetation, elves loved nature
- More street details, market stalls, benches, trees, clothing lines, statues, carts...
- Remove bush vines :p
- The overall detail is a bit weirdly made. I'd try and simplify it a bit more.

UPDATE:
Changes to Annuminas Ruining:
-included mud and gravel in blockmixing (darker mud near water, lighter away)
-added puddles near water sources, dirt and moss coverings
-increased variety and quantity of vegetation (will be doing this for sure on all my future ruined or elvish builds, seemed to bring much more life to the build)
-removed leaf vines
-fixed a couple derps
-removed herobrine
2020-05-23_04.05.39.png

2020-05-23_04.06.18.png

Changes to Mith build
-removed leaf vines
-some of the other suggestions I have a question or two about, Bart I know its a bit difficult with me being a U.S. player but if we find a time when we're both on I'd love to talk about these with you and hopefully learn a bit.
2020-05-23_04.15.55.png

Thanks for the feedback! Please don't hesitate to let me know if anyone has any more.
-Alpapy

thought i'd put my a good word in for Alpapy, imo would be a great addition to the purple legion :)

UPDATE:
Work In Progress: Docks theme build (-700, 28, 47760)
Decided to build in the Dol Amroth style to help show some proficiency with other MCME styles. So far most of my work has been ruins so I figured diversifying my application would be a good idea. As always I'd love to hear some feedback on anything/everything I've built!
2020-05-30_13.15.11.png
2020-05-30_13.16.55.png
2020-05-30_13.17.37.png

UPDATE:

Thanks so much LlamaJaden and Greg for the endorsements!

This week I made a few updates to my docks theme build, building four new buildings and fixing details and adjusting interiors on existing ones. I've been feeling a surge of building motivation this week so I've been asking foremen and designers for plots, sadly I haven't come up with anything so for the fun of it I instead started building a version of one of my favorite buildings in the US in freebuild as well as a few other miscellaneous things. I'm greatly looking forward to hopefully becoming an artist so i can use these bursts of energy for something that will benefit the server. I'm not really sure why but I'm really feeling some Moria building rn.

-Docks update
2020-06-04_21.22.43.png

-interior
2020-06-04_21.24.47.png

Library:
2020-06-04_21.11.42.png

IRL version:
1591333994540.png

Attachments

• suz.jpg
    suz.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 126
UPDATE:
Another week, another update! This week was my finals week so I didn't get a whole lot done unfortunately, but now I'm on summer break so I should be much more productive.

This week I decided I wanted to try my hand at some styles I haven't built before to get more familiar with things I may be asked to build as an artist:

Terrain work:
2020-06-14_17.25.00.png

Rohirric House (I've never built this style before so I've started with a very basic house to get the basic style down):
2020-06-10_16.22.27.png

Mithtrial (I also participated in one of Mith's trial jobs, building small trees in Belfalas)
2020-06-14_09.41.26.png

No screenshots but I also did a bit of work on my docks theme build, adding a few frames of houses and editing existing ones.

As always if anyone has feedback for any of my builds please don't hesitate to post them! Also please let me know if there's anything in particular I should add to improve my application, until I hopefully am promoted to artist I will continue to post weekly updates on things I have built to show my ongoing improvement, interest, and dedication to MCME.