• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSpeedy_

One Of Us, One of Us
Credits
XP
Ask Me Anything:
The Guides

September 25 - October 2, 2015

In order to form a more perfect rank, we the Guides of MCME seek to answer your questions, hear your ideas, and take your suggestions. In order to achieve this, we have opened up this forum for you, the Community, to ask us your questions. We hope that you might learn a bit more about us, what we do, and how we operate. Since this forum is here for learning purposes, we ask that all players respect one another, their questions, ideas, and suggestions. This is a learning opportunity not only for us, but also you. Let us make the most of it, and benefit from one another as members of this community. And so, ask us anything!

Examples of Topics: Tours, Guide Duties, Events, Etc

Quite often already we have played all kinds of small games on the server (hide and seek, quote hide and seek (1 person hides, all others search, after hiding person is hidden he gives a movie or book quote as hint for the location he is at) parkour race, marathons, lore quizzes). I think if there's not much happening it'd be fun if guides could try to initiate such games. especially with new players, to forge some first bonds and just have fun. What do you guys think about that?

Quite often already we have played all kinds of small games on the server (hide and seek, quote hide and seek (1 person hides, all others search, after hiding person is hidden he gives a movie or book quote as hint for the location he is at) parkour race, marathons, lore quizzes). I think if there's not much happening it'd be fun if guides could try to initiate such games. especially with new players, to forge some first bonds and just have fun. What do you guys think about that?
I've done some lore quizzes usually with people who claim to be "lore masters" because that's always a good laugh. But I'm totes up for doing more random events like that when people are on. Lona used to play hide and seek every now and then and it was pretty fun so I'll see if I can get something going in the future.

CEF- guide (for people who don't know)

Just for the edges, I wanted to ask you all your opinions on the general thought of guide being seen as a stepping stone towards higher ranks (I.E. officer, designer), with people being promoted to guide just so it does not seem like they are making a massive jump in the ranks from adventurer to a staff rank, and only holding the rank for a month or slightly more time.

Just for the edges, I wanted to ask you all your opinions on the general thought of guide being seen as a stepping stone towards higher ranks (I.E. officer, designer), with people being promoted to guide just so it does not seem like they are making a massive jump in the ranks from adventurer to a staff rank, and only holding the rank for a month or slightly more time.
I cannot or will I dignify this question with an answer.

As Adventurer I would not directly aim for Enforcer or Designer, aim for Artist or Guide regarding which rank suits oneself better, as usually you will be holding Artist/Guide for quite some time before a promotion to any staff rank gets likely. During that time you have to do your job as Artist/Guide very good, so if you only get Artist/Guide to have better chances for staff and thus dont devote enough time and passion for it you much more likely will get demoted again than promoted.
Personally It is highly unlikely that I'd promote an Artist that did hold that rank for only one month.

Yeah, the problem isn't how long you have been Guide, but what you did when you were Guide. If you loved the rank, did everything you could do to improve it and then you have decided to apply for Staff, I don't see anything wrong. You just wanted to help the Community in another way.

Last edited:
Question for @Artie_ will you ever do a tour of all the places that mr fireferno has ever made, if not why, if yes please tell all of us

Question for @Artie_ will you ever do a tour of all the places that mr fireferno has ever made, if not why, if yes please tell all of us
Maybe Ill give one tonight... You know why :p.
Anyway guys, if you have any question or any suggestion about the Guides or the Guide rank like how we give tours, why we wanted to become Guides, how we plan events etcetera, ask us now, this is your opportunity!

Last edited:
Tour Idea:

What if we add a pig tour every month one time? (a designer spawns in all the pigs and the guide leads them all then go walk through the world)

I think only those who want to be Guide because they want the rank as a means to help the community -- and not only as a means to get a staff rank -- should apply

But also, we've had a couple of guides/rangers who got promoted to staff member pretty quickly but were nevertheless wonderful guides, better than me, so yeah...

I think that this is something that we as a group could do in the future. Some of those could take a little planning, but I think it would be manageable.

First of all, I'm not a fan of the whole "edgy" sub-culture. It essentially seems like the only purpose of these comments is to cause trouble and discord between people. Going back to your statement, I understand your concern. In the past there we instances like the one you describe. However, I can say with confidence that this is no longer the case. As one of the longest serving Guides, I do my best to ensure that the rank of Guide is respected. Guide is not a "Staff-in-Training" rank. Guides have many tasks that they do to help keep the server be the best it can. Anyone who wishes to use the rank of Guide to achieve the "power and glory" of Staff clearly does not respect Guide as a rank and does not deserve to hold that rank.

Blue or red? This is a serious question and if you answer wrong I will unfriend you on Club Penguin
I prefer the color blue personally. A large portion of my wardrobe is darker in color, including many blue items. To be fair though, my favorite color is the combination of red and blue: purple. So maybe my answer is actually both?

Reactions: B_n
I've been on the server for just over 1.5 years now, and there is definitely a difference in tour frequency now.....when I first joined there was way more tours going on. Now I'm not saying this is a negative by any means, I don't actually mind that much personally....I was just wondering if there was an explanation for this.

I've been on the server for just over 1.5 years now, and there is definitely a difference in tour frequency now.....when I first joined there was way more tours going on. Now I'm not saying this is a negative by any means, I don't actually mind that much personally....I was just wondering if there was an explanation for this.
Many of us, like most others, have school, work, or both. That takes a large portion of our time and energy from us. I am sure that you can relate to this fact and understand that we too, are involved in other areas of the server too. For instance, for myself and Darth work on the Times.

As far as tours go, their purpose is to get new players introduced to the server. Get them plugged in and wanting to return to assist with the project, but with that being said, tours are not meant for the purpose of entertainment of the general population. Tours are fun, and we want older members on them to share in meeting new and old members together. There is a conception amongst many in the server, that tours are to be held when there are no jobs running. And that is not simply the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.