• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

An Improvement to MCME's Projects

Whenever someone makes a comment on the forums with any suggestions and critisism we take this into discussion amongst the staff of the project, However You obviously cant change everything if only more person wants something. But especially if we get the same amount of criticism from a large portion of the community, Yes we will lissen to it!

You described it pretty perfect with getting more influence. With this Role one person would get way more influence over realism, however this is a choice that should rest with the community and not just with one person, since you know, not everyone is as hyped about extreme realism.

For example in the DA sewers, I made a post about adding an underground tavern in an abandend sewer area. this isn't very realistic, but it looks cool. I've talked with multiple people about this included all those involved with DA, I posted about it on the forums. The only response I got was from rytt saying it was a good idea. Thats how realism should be handeld within projects not one person being like "Yeah sure" or "Nope".

And yes, at the end of the day, the final choice ofcourse lies with the project staff and the head builder, Thats the way it is. But we always closely lissen to the community. But wanting a special role just so your opinion is worth more then anyone else is just wrong.

@RubenPieterMark I don't think anyone is keeping you from writing 3 or 5 realism guides and becoming a realism master in everyones eyes. I mean if you want more influence you can rly just achieve it by showing you have that kind of knowledge. If you ask me I would rather take into consideratio the feedback from a guy that did good realism guides in the past then feedback from some other random guy without those things under his belt.
I think we can all agree that Eriol is the best example in this case. He always gives good feedback on realism and everyone knows he did his reserch so everyone comes to him to ask for advice.

When did the researcher role become something just for me? Anyone should be able to take this role, and be encouraged to take it.

The problem with realism guides is that the finished ones aren't public. The section in the ressources dedicated to these is empty. I guess having them public would maybe make people more interested in doing them. It would, at the very least, work for me.