• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Anime

yodog_117

Moria Hall Professional
Credits
XP
For the people who like anime, here you can post any anime or manga you like and stuff. Don't know if there was one before, but it comes to my attention that many people on MCME watch and/or read manga or anime.

Rules: No hentai or yao'ai or yuri stuff,
Use common sense
Try not to spoil the manga/anime
Here is my favorite to start Attack on titan, (Shingeki no kyojin)
http://www.crunchyroll.com/attack-on-titan/episode-1-to-you-2000-years-in-the-future-the-fall-of-zhiganshina-1-623251 <--- tell me if it doesn't work

Last edited:
My manga list:
Current: Naruto, Fuuka, Princess Lucia, Half & Half
Finished: Suzuka, Kimi No Iru Machi, Cross Over

So basically I read Naruto and anything written by Seo Kouji. I'd suggest Naruto to pretty much anyone. If you like Romantic Dramas, Seo's works are fairly realistic considering they are mangas. However, they do trend toward a more mature audience, so I'd say they are around 18+.

I like a lot of the movies that come from Studio Ghibli. My favorite anime movie so far is Howl's Moving Castle, with Spirited Away and Laputa closely following. Grave of the Fireflies has been the one I've disliked the most. It was too depressing for me.

I have watched the first couple eps of Attack on Titan, but I'm not sure I like it yet. It's more violent than I usually care for, although I did enjoy Darker Than Black, but it didn't have the major theme of Titan (which I won't mention because I don't want to spoil it).

I usually like the slice of life types a lot, but I also like mecha and action ones. I enjoyed Gosick, Chibi Vampire, Vampire Knight, Haruhi, Rosario Vampire, Chobits, Kenichi, After War Gundam X, and several others I can't remember the names of, lol.

I'm just adding a few I like to the ones already mentioned in this post :)

Death Note and Sword Art Online(SAO)
If you like SAO, there is one similar which is called Log Horizon.
I'm also really into Kill la Kill. It's completely insane and crazily over the top. But the humor is just so good and constant plus a nice story. It's also made by the creators of Gurren Lagann, which I really enjoyed.

I was about to also say Attack on Titan [highly recommend 10/10] but saw you already posted about it.
So I can suggest Kyoukai no Kanata. It has really nice animation and art style and a great plot. The characters are given unique powers, especially the main character, which is one reason it's great. I could say more [especially on Attack on Titan] but I won't drag on.
Oh yes and Neon Genesis Evangelion is pretty good too.

DragonBall Z Kai - its pretty good, and it follows the manga more closely. All of the mindless filler has been removed (the 200 episodes have been reduced to 87).

High School of The Dead - not for kids, quite horror filled and a little over sexualized; also quite short (12 eps) but very good.

Rin Daughters of Mnemosyne - also not for kids, and very horror-esque with great animations and art.

Fullmetal Alchemist / Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood - both are awesome.

Ghost In The Shell - one of the best, along with the film series, anime's out there for mature audiences. Not in terms of overly sexualized themes but its thought provoking and deals with things that normally wouldn't be seen in an anime format for teens or kids.

OHH SO ITS OKEY TO HAVE YURI BUT NOT YAOI !!!! :< And whats wrong with yaoi its much better than many shoujo manga :/

OHH SO ITS OKEY TO HAVE YURI BUT NOT YAOI !!!! :< And whats wrong with yaoi its much better than many shoujo manga :/

I'm pretty sure it was just to put in some examples of things that we're not interested in having in the post... Not a complete list, but examples.
On a side note, you should probably take a valium :) All that shouting and stressing can't be good for you.

I'm pretty sure it was just to put in some examples of things that we're not interested in having in the post... Not a complete list, but examples.
On a side note, you should probably take a valium :) All that shouting and stressing can't be good for you.
I just see nothing wrong with it and i just didnt see why it should be banned and thanks calu for the valium xD

I just see nothing wrong with it and i just didnt see why it should be banned and thanks calu for the valium xD

Banned is a harsh word. I'd think it's to keep the forums(which are completely public) clear of anything which could be improper for younger users reading our forum posts. Have to keep the innocent minds innocent, right?
That said, if it were banned, it couldn't even be mentioned in the post, which is has been. What's to stop anyone from simply searching for it on Google?
I'm not stating my own opinions here, btw.

Now, I don't want to go completely off topic with this explanation, but I felt like Suly needed a little bit of information.
So.. I'll add Hunter x Hunter on my list, just because it's amazeballs(gotta love Hisoka, that freak).

I haven't watched much anime lately, although I did recently watch Shingeki no Kyojin

Here's some of the anime I've watched:
Full metal Alchemist (action/more serious)
Soul eater (action/comedy)
Trigun (action/comedy)
Code Geass (action/more serious)
Ao no Exorcist (action)
Fairy Tail (action/comedy)
Katekyo Hitman Reborn! (action/comedy)
Avatar (I guess :p) (actionish/comedy)
Beelzebub (comedy)

And of course I've watched Bleach, Naruto (and Shippuden) and One Piece from 1 to when I stopped watching :p

Never been able to enjoy most animes, maybe its because I grew up with manga from the age of 6 and just stuck with it. My favorite mangas would have to be,
Dragon ball Z: The first Manga I ever read and god damn it's amazing but I'm sure most of you know what Dragon Ball is :p
Onepiece: Pirates mixed with combat/magical abilities, can't go wrong.
Naruto: Nice combat (seems to be a theme in my favorite mangas) nice characters and the story just gets better the further you read.
Bleach: You know, I'm starting to realize that I like these mangas for the same reason :D.

The above 4 are pretty standard when it comes to manga/anime, probably the 4 most famous ones.
But 2 shorter mangas that are REALLY good are FullMetal Alchemist (called FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood in the anime) and Death note.

If i would have to recommend one of these for a new reader/watcher it would be FullMetal Alchemist. It is just amazing, not to long and a really good story mixed with combat.

Forgot to mention this, but Stein's Gate is one of my favorite anime's. Has an amazing soundtrack, and a bit of everything that makes an anime great.

Here lads, I've started reading and watching Attack on Titan and Fullmetal Alchemist(both are just terrific) but I've just started getting into the anime/manga game. So, I was wondering if there are any good steampunk/cyberpunk ones that anyone would recommend?

Here lads, I've started reading and watching Attack on Titan and Fullmetal Alchemist(both are just terrific) but I've just started getting into the anime/manga game. So, I was wondering if there are any good steampunk/cyberpunk ones that anyone would recommend?

Hmm you might wanna give "Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet" a try. Its a bit steampunky and an interesting anime.

Nothing beats the Neon Genesis and Ghost in the Shell Days. There's also a few gore'y/NSWF films I know off which I wont mention here (not hentai -_-). Haven't been into anything since so I'll look at this thread from time to time...

Fairy Tail (action/comedy)
Currently watching this. A few episodes in and I'm enjoying it. It's very lighthearted at times and the action sequences aren't half bad. I'd check it out if you're into magic and whatnot.