• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Artists Base on Freebuild

I've now added a ground floor to (nearly) all parts of the build that previously lacked one. It is just a plain placeholder floor, made of only light stone bricks (cobblestone) so feel free to decorate it or change it out if you want to.
I also added a trim of darker stone bricks (quartz blocks) beneath all walls to ease the placement of the floor so if that trim gets in the way just remove or replace it :)

Oh and I filled in the middle floor inside the walls and added a roof to the basketball court as well.

Update Status on the Artist Base:

We have made significant progress on the artist base so far. However, there is still a lot, lot, lot more that needs to be done.

Top Priorities:
-Main Tower
-Main Hall
-Top floors of the Main Building
-The Garrison

Secondary Priorities:
-The Lower Underground floors of the base
-Terraforming around the Main Base
-Abandoned Fortress
-Catacombs of lost Artists
-River

Other Sub projects:
-Towns of Generations
-Across the River

This is a lot to do and this doesn’t even go into the specifics. If we want to get this done I think we need to appoint people in charge of places. Each of these artists will oversee a topic but will of course adapt to what the whole artist community agrees on. This does not mean that we will not and can’t work on each other’s topics. I’m actually hoping we don’t and work in masses at each topic/priority till completion/ The point of delegating tasks is this gives more motivation. I think One Artist should be I in charge of either One Top priority, Two Secondary or The Sub-Projects. Even though we will be working and focusing at one at a time, you still should have an idea and plan your topic or even start it so when the whole artist community comes to start working on it. There is no delay on what should be done.

Please claim a topic by writing the topic name in a respond post below.

Happy Building

Good progress on the artist base happening. @julianelijah77 and me finished the outer wall, including some small and medium towers, along with the Garrison and the Main Tower. The structure is coming together, and now more progress can be made on the amphitheater and, most importantly, the Main Building. Still need more people to help build though.

Some pics

Lets go go go, more needs to be done! All Artists needed!!

Good progress on the artist base happening. @julianelijah77 and me finished the outer wall, including some small and medium towers, along with the Garrison and the Main Tower. The structure is coming together, and now more progress can be made on the amphitheater and, most importantly, the Main Building. Still need more people to help build though.

Some pics

Lets go go go, more needs to be done! All Artists needed!!
Nice work! :)
And nice pics too. But how in the world can you play with that kind of FOV without getting a headache or blurry eyes?

I've got a really great idea that I'd like to build at the Stronghold when I've got time for it. It's a workshop with facilities like a banner weaving station, an armor dying station, a firework assembly line etc. You know, a room where we can craft all the cool stuff Artists can craft. And of course I will decorate it so that it looks the part as well. I was thinking of placing it somewhere in the basement and I already have a few ideas of how I want it to look (the only thing holding me back from building it is that I have to study for exams right now :()

By the way. Durning my time building in this castle I've grown quite fond of the basement level and was wondering if it would be okay if I was in charge of that?
I already have a few ideas for additional rooms and the layout of them.

The idea sounds cool, but it also sounds like it could fit into the castle theme, like the whole workshop thing is very medieval. Maybe we could do it in an actual castle basement area, not the chill modern basement area...

The idea sounds cool, but it also sounds like it could fit into the castle theme, like the whole workshop thing is very medieval. Maybe we could do it in an actual castle basement area, not the chill modern basement area...
I was thinking that it wouldn't matter since we're already kinda mixing styles but maybe you're right... I just don't know where else it would fit (space wise)

Ryttyr you can be in charge of the basement levels if you'd like but like you are doing share your ideas before starting them. I like your idea of a factory line and before you start, on the other side of the river I was hoping to make a half victorian half steam punk artist factory where this would be a very good idea to implement.

Ryttyr you can be in charge of the basement levels if you'd like but like you are doing share your ideas before starting them. I like your idea of a factory line and before you start, on the other side of the river I was hoping to make a half victorian half steam punk artist factory where this would be a very good idea to implement.
Where would that be? outside the castle?
I had already marked an area in the castle basement for it by the way. Suppose you could use that to see how big it will be. It's also gonna be two blocks taller than what you see there as I had planned to dig down a bit. Might make it slightly larger still in order to fit all the decor I want in there (banners hanging to dry, armors on display, looms etc)

Last edited: