• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Artists Base on Freebuild

Well, more progress has been made. Corridors have been expanded, including the royal artist corridor made by @ryttyr , more rooms (including an arcade and the AFK room AND the Wine cellar - great job @Greenleaf1234 !) have been added and planned. Also, the spa cave has been completed by myself and @julianelijah77 . In the castle proper, @BWOT has finished the garrison, which is looking FLY! The royal artist Throne Room has been completed thanks to @barteldvn and some other artists. Great job everyone!

The pictures

But there's more to do! We need to get going on the top floors of the
Main Building, which @BWOT has planned out very nicely. In the basement, the ice rink and workshop need doing. Look at @BWOT's post above in this thread to see the other priorities.

I've got an idea. Since we haven't really decided if the Artist Workshop should be in the castle basement or in an uppcoming Artist Factory across the river I could build the workshop of-site and have a designer copy it to where we want it when that has been decided.

I think we should go with BWOT's idea and move it across the river, especially if it will match with the style of the village (steampunky i guess). My vote would be that we use that space of the castle basement for something else (which you ryt can decide as you are the "leader" of the basement :) ) and move the workshop across the river.

I think we should go with BWOT's idea and move it across the river, especially if it will match with the style of the village (steampunky i guess). My vote would be that we use that space of the castle basement for something else (which you ryt can decide as you are the "leader" of the basement :) ) and move the workshop across the river.
Sounds good :).
But I think I might build the workshop of-site and copy it in later anyways because otherwise I'd have to postpone building it untill we have plotted out the steampunk factory completely and I'd rather like to build that workshop whilst I still have my idea fresh in mind.

Where would that be? outside the castle?
I had already marked an area in the castle basement for it by the way. Suppose you could use that to see how big it will be. It's also gonna be two blocks taller than what you see there as I had planned to dig down a bit. Might make it slightly larger still in order to fit all the decor I want in there (banners hanging to dry, armors on display, looms etc)
Yes I saw this and understand that it could be done in the basement but the advantage of having it (yes it will be separate) on the other side of the river is we can make it look like a factory, there will be more room to have/handle all of your ideas and will just add another unique build to our every expanding base.

Yes I saw this and understand that it could be done in the basement but the advantage of having it (yes it will be separate) on the other side of the river is we can make it look like a factory, there will be more room to have/handle all of your ideas and will just add another unique build to our every expanding base.
I like it. Let's do that.

My idea for the workshop by the way is a long stone brick room with a vauled ceiling held up by two rows of wooden pillars and beams inbetween (from which crafted banners can be hung). There will also be wooden supports/compartments along the walls with chests and crafting tables built into them and along the middle of the room there will be various crafting stations with the firework assembly line at the back sectioned of by warning signs about explosives.

My idea for the workshop by the way is a long stone brick room with a vauled ceiling held up by two rows of wooden pillars and beams inbetween (from which crafted banners can be hung). There will also be wooden supports/compartments along the walls with chests and crafting tables built into them and along the middle of the room there will be various crafting stations with the firework assembly line at the back sectioned of by warning signs about explosives.
Many of you have been wondering what the factory will look like. I think searching up FyreUk Gand Train Station will give you the best picture of what it will look like in style but the major difference: it will be a factory.

Hey BWOT. You said you wanted to show of everyone who holds or have held the rank of Artist in the stronghold. Well... prepare to extend the Hall of Artists because I found that in the Rank Document there's lists of both every player currently holding a certain rank as well as a list of every player who have ever held a certain rank and it's quite an extensive list on the Artist side. There's a total of 161 players who holds or have ever held the rank of Artist and we only have like 30ish pedestals in the Hall of Artists if I remember right which isn't even enough for the 43 current Artists on that list.

Last edited:
Also, before we expand the basement any further we should probably have a thurough look at the layout of it.

I noticed that the only way to get from the Hall of Artists to the Royal Artist Corridor was through a small back door in the bar or by crossing the football field so I fixed that. But we'll have to make sure that we don't make more areas near inaccessible in the future.

One really big problem we have currently is that there is no proper way into the basement from the main building. The only way down there right now is a tiny, near hidden stairway at the bottom of one of the outermost towers. The thing that makes this a really Big problem is that there is currently no place left to build a proper stairway connecting the two floors as nearly all rooms on both floors are already occupied by something else and the basement already extends past the walls of the main building so we can't just add a new room with a staircase in it either.
There is one spot left where it might work to put a stairway in if looking on the dynmap. I'll have to check it out in-game when I've got time for it (just east, northeast of the lava pit) but if that doesn't work out then how do we solve this problem?

Also, there's some rather vital rooms that this castle currently lacks like: kitchen, dining hall, pantry, bedrooms (not necessarily personal ones but it would be cool if they were), bathrooms/latrines, servants' room(s), storage room(s), armory, stables, blacksmith and a way to get to that guard room and those battlements near the top of the throne room.

Last edited: