• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Artists Base on Freebuild

I have now drawn plans for the western side of the "east" wing.
I have also built the shell of what will be the Artist Workshop, off-site over by my spot in freebuild (due south of the MCME Museum).

Last edited:
Major Announcement Regarding the Artist Base

As many of you know there is a giant castle near our base. This is Erutian's a fellow artist who I have worked with back in the old days ;). Well he had become very inactive for the past couple of months but he has emerged once again. I wrote to him asking if we can include his castle with our base and make a giant base and he has agreed. Before we start work on the castle though, as it is his, I want him to finalize the style it will be in as he wanted to change it slightly. This is also good for us as we can now expand for out and I have an idea of what can go in between the two castles/bases. I was thinking of a big temple like structure, like the one in osigiliath. Also good work ryttyr and I will get onto making concepts for the factory soon.

Also DA is back underway. They need our help in port town so don't spend too much time on the base :p. Also I made a deal with Thijs so that artists are in charge of the Middle Town of DA. :D Good luck guys in building and ps we need more terrain workers, bart is amazing but he only has two hands.

Major Announcement Regarding the Artist Base

As many of you know there is a giant castle near our base. This is Erutian's a fellow artist who I have worked with back in the old days ;). Well he had become very inactive for the past couple of months but he has emerged once again. I wrote to him asking if we can include his castle with our base and make a giant base and he has agreed. Before we start work on the castle though, as it is his, I want him to finalize the style it will be in as he wanted to change it slightly. This is also good for us as we can now expand for out and I have an idea of what can go in between the two castles/bases. I was thinking of a big temple like structure, like the one in osigiliath. Also good work ryttyr and I will get onto making concepts for the factory soon.

Also DA is back underway. They need our help in port town so don't spend too much time on the base :p. Also I made a deal with Thijs so that artists are in charge of the Middle Town of DA. :D Good luck guys in building and ps we need more terrain workers, bart is amazing but he only has two hands.
Only half a hand at the moment with my exams, but after them I shall be able to spend more time. If you have any questions about terrain, please give them to me ;)

Well the time I have left not working on DA that is

I realized that my Barad Dur is kind of in the way of future expansion...what should we do about that? We could maybe incorporate it, although it is with a different rp..

Aren't that what the seats along the throne room's walls are for?[/QU
The seats in the throne hall are not court (senate or jury type) but high court of like knights and dukes which is commonly found in European or England castles. They serve different purposes and are also a bit different in style.

I realized that my Barad Dur is kind of in the way of future expansion...what should we do about that? We could maybe incorporate it, although it is with a different rp..
Do you actually want to make an exact replica to Barad Dur or did you just want to keep the style because if it's just style I can see ways to adapt it.

Sure, if I get some time. Currently I have Belfalast terrain to smooth and also DA is coming up.
Thanks Lindolas, I agree with you that Belfalast, Moria and DA are top priorities but this is just a project for fun and breaks from normal stuff

Well, originally I did want to make a replica, but then I kind of stopped working on it, so...
My idea was we have a designer copy it and put it in a new location so it doesn't get consumed by other projects like this one :p. Then we change the blocks to similar visuals but in the gondor rp. Then we change the actual structure of the build to something different as barad dur is quite big, but keeping the style as I think it will fit to the other buildings in Artists Base. Then we connect it using landscape and roads. We will have to find a purpose of it though. If anybody have any ideas be please respond to this post. Does this sound like a good plan @julianelijah77 ?

Well now both of the builds are gone from the area but we are going to 'rebuild' them in a similar style and with some other differences. But, for now, our area is marked with yellow wool.

What happened to this project? Why did it die? there's still plenty of interest in it but no-one dares to build since everyone seems to think it's dead. So come on people, let's get back to building. The stronghold is for Artists by Artists and therefore it will not die until there are no Artists left to build it. We've got tons of space to play with now so even if you have an idea that won't fit in the castle proper, build it of-site and we can have it moved later. There's nothing stopping us, nothing holding us back! So come on, let's build it together!

Last edited: