• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Audiobook

What time(s) would suit you best for the audibook?

• Friday 15:00 GMT (16:00 CET, 07:00 PST, 02:00 ACT)

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Friday 19:00 GMT (20:00 CET, 11:00 PST, 06:00 ACT)

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Friday 23:00 GMT (24:00 CET, 15:00 PST, 10:00 ACT)

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Saturday 15:00 GMT (16:00 CET, 07:00 PST, 02:00 ACT)

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Saturday 19:00 GMT (20:00 CET, 11:00 PST, 06:00 ACT)

Votes: 19 63.3%
  • Saturday 23:00 GMT (24:00 CET, 15:00 PST, 10:00 ACT)

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Sunday 15:00 GMT (16:00 CET, 07:00 PST, 02:00 ACT)

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Sunday 19:00 GMT (20:00 CET, 11:00 PST, 06:00 ACT)

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Sunday 23:00 GMT (24:00 CET, 15:00 PST, 10:00 ACT)

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Other (comment)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Finrod_Amandil

Former Head Designer
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
Given the feedback I saw in the Times and ingame this is a thing of great popularity and hence worthy to revive!

But first, what is the Audiobook actually? For all those who have not yet been able to enjoy it yet:
With the Audiobook we mean that we listen through Teamspeak to an audiobook of LotR. The audiobook is a creation by Phil Dragash, aka PhilsStuffOfDoom on Youtube. He has created an amazing, most likely the most amazing, LotR audiobook as private project. While his voice acting skills are already pure gold he went even further and enmeshed Howard Shore's movie soundtrack and more sounds to the creation. While listening to the audiobook we follow the actions ingame making the entire thing a truly unforgettable experience.

Timing
Always the hardest point of it. Of course, unfortunately we cannot find times that match for everyone. Usually we do a session once a week, listening to usually 2-3 chapters of the book which takes about 2 hours. Above I added a poll with time slots that you can vote for (you can select multiple ones). Maybe we can even make every session twice to allow as many as possible to participate.

Sometimes we may even alter the builds a bit to match the exact state of the story, e.g. last time we blew up the Helms Deep wall ;)

Unfortunately Phil's creations have been removed from Youtube, most likely because he used the music of Howard Shore, but I found a place to download them nevertheless :p

I hope that we can start next weekend, I will host it, if anyone else is interested in hosting just message me ;-).

As shown by the poll in the Times we will start from the beginning again.

Last edited:
I'm prepared for 48 hours of Audiobook :D
zvVCwtK.jpg

Could you maybe share where you found them for downloading? So perhaps if someone misses a week they can listen to it by themselves and be caught up for next time.

Okay guys, Bagend is ready for partey, I hope you all are too.

I'll schedule the first audiobook session for

Saturday 21:00 GMT (22:00 CET, 13:00 PST, 08:00 ACT)

So that it's not right at noon for (some) American ppl and if even an aussie doesnt want to miss 8am would still be humane. Hope it's alright for europeans to stay up a bit longer ;)

We will listen to the first two chapters which will take about 2 hours 15 minutes.

Next Audiobook session of course today at 19:00 GMT! Chapters: 6,7 & 8.

Important: I'll be skiing next weekend, if you guys want an Audiobook then I need someone who wants to stream. Download link is a few posts above, and tutorials for streaming with your OS you'll find on youtube.

The next Audiobook session will exceptionally be on Sunday evening, March 6th, 19:00 GMT, as I'm away on Saturday evening.