• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Aule_'s tower hills concept

Aule_

Moria Hall Professional
Credits
XP
Hi everyone for quite a while now I've been slowly building a concept for the tower hills. however due to time constraints and work, progress is slow. With a modified RP pack which can obtained here work has started on the first concept for Elostirion
LNXaWDO.png

I was wondering if any good sires/madams would be able to offer a hand/ suggestions. to help speed up this concept which hopefully will be good enough to submit as a project application.

let me know on here if your interested and i'll add you to a private conversation that has the plans for the project. (don't want to leak to much on here :))

I like your concept more than the three ones which can currently be found on the server for the multiple nice details, but I think it should be more slender, like the ones from the server :) .

yeah it's a bit fat at the bottom. but it tapers quite nice at the 5th tier. each tier is not set centrally so that the tower is as asymmetrical as possible, the current concept will have a height of 204 blocks. but tiers can be removed or shortened easily. it;'s just taking a long time due to time constraints to get the first concept finished.

yeah it's a bit fat at the bottom. but it tapers quite nice at the 5th tier. each tier is not set centrally so that the tower is as asymmetrical as possible, the current concept will have a height of 204 blocks. but tiers can be removed or shortened easily. it;'s just taking a long time due to time constraints to get the first concept finished.
Just wondering why you decided to put the swans on it. Or is that in the lore?

@Portalrules333 it's purely cosmetic, trying to make the tower as detailed as possible and as elven as possible.
i was playing around with having a different animal head for each statue, but i could only do a horse and swan and lion. which would of been odd i either needed 4 or 8 different animals

This is just me but when I always thought of the Numenorians I always thought of their style as Romanesque. Mostly because of when I think of Valinor I think of Roman grand construction. Pillars and marble and temples on pediments. Since the Numenroians were the closest folk mileage wise to the Undying lands there would be some cultural diffusion. I don't know. That may just be me. As such, since the towers were built by those folk, there would be a similar style.

This is just me but when I always thought of the Numenorians I always thought of their style as Romanesque. Mostly because of when I think of Valinor I think of Roman grand construction. Pillars and marble and temples on pediments. Since the Numenroians were the closest folk mileage wise to the Undying lands there would be some cultural diffusion. I don't know. That may just be me. As such, since the towers were built by those folk, there would be a similar style.

Bah, there's plenty of flexibility when making numenorean style, I think the romanesque stuff really originated in gondor, it being so far south, while northern cities such as annuminas are quite obviously gothic, I mean, those spikes ;)

For all these cities built by numenor or any other culture, the way they look isn't very set in stone, (no pun intended) tolkien never described 'em in a very detailed way, so I think so long as the structure makes sense and looks good, it'll be fine. I do get where your coming from, I do imagine a ton of stuff they made as looking roman, but I think that comes from movie influences.

It'll end up pointy when I finally have chance to finish, atm I've been really busy, but all suggestions are welcome guys! Thanks

Actually, those towers have been built by Gil-galad, so they are Elvish buildings, not Numenorean.

So
From The Silmarillion, Of The Rings of Power and The Third Age

"It is said that towers of Emyn Beriad were not built indeed by the exiles of Numenor, but were raised by Gil-Galad for Elendil, his friend;"

Elvish they remain!
someone should fix Tolkien gateway then.

Thanks for all the interest guys, currently I don't have acess to my laptop for a while but when I do I'll be continuing they project! @Portalrules333 it would be a pedestal at the tallest part of the tower, which should be close to 200+ blocks high