• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Awesome recipes thread

oriour

Sneaky Anvil Dropper
Credits
XP
Beetroot hummus :

-450g chickpeas
-400g beetroots
-1 lemon
-1/2 cup tahini
-1tbs cumin seeds
-2tbs olive oil

1. roast the cumin seeds then crush them
2. blitz the chickpeas, the beetroots, the zest and juice of the lemon and the tahini until you have a smooth paste
3. while blitzing add in the olive oil until consistency is optimized
4. sprinkle the cumin seeds on top

preferably spread on white flour dense bread

enjoy !

Beetroot-Hummus-and-Wild--008.jpg

Last edited:
Taco Soup
  • 2 lbs ground chuck
  • 1 package original taco seasoning mix
  • 1.5 cups beef stock
  • 1 (4oz) can diced green chiles
  • 1 can stewed tomatoes
  • 1 can Ro-tel tomatoes
  • 1 can corn, drained
  • 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can mild chili beans
  • 1 (1 oz) package ranch dressing mix
  • Shredded cheese (topping)

In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, brown ground beef until no longer pink. Drain excess fat, add taco seasoning. Add the remaining ingredients – except for the cheese, and cook at a simmer over medium-low heat for 30 minutes. Serve.​

hungry ardelenia here, looking for good jambalaya recipes (even better if they can be made in a dutch oven while camping!)

Cheesecake
Like a cake but made with cheese, tastes good, can come in many varieties even savoury, but the best are chocolate, lemon or berry. I learnt this recipe myself after recognising the basic ingredients and then making a few cheesecakes myself, some of which were failures but I never make the next one exactly the same. If you want measurements then look it up on Taste.com or some recipe website. The bonus of most cheesecakes is that there is no possibility of burning it in the oven or on the stove.
  • Cake tin
    • Get some biscuits, enough to make 2 layers on the cake tin and smash them up so they are just crumbs - you can use chocolate cookies, digestive biscuits or the same biscuits you have with your coffee
    • melt butter enough to wet all the biscuit crumbs and so they stick together, mix it all up and chuck it in the fridge so it can solidify, this is the base of your cheesecake
  • Large mixing bowl
    • Philadelphia cheese - mash it up with a fork in a large bowl so it is soft enough to mix some...
    • sugar and...
    • dairy cream
    • jelly - make some jelly with the jelly powder and hot water, pour it into the mixture so far (don't let it cool down too much until it is mixed with the cheese), mix it up so you don't have any lumps. Jelly contains gelatin and will make the cheesecake solid like jelly when it is complete.
    • chocolate/lemon juice and lemon rind (grated lemon skin)/berries of your choice - choose one of these options for the flavour of the cheesecake
  • Cake tin again
    • Spoon the mixture into the cake tin on top of the solid base.
    • Smooth the top of the cheesecake and perhaps decorate it with stuff.
    • Leave it in the fridge for a day so it is solid and then slice it up so people can eat it with their hands. It will keep for about 7 days until the edges get tough, which isn't very pleasant to eat.
Varieties of Cheesecake
  • Lemon is seen as the standard variety of cheesecake but it doesn't blend well with other choices.
  • Chocolate and berries go well together.
  • If you want an impressive chocolate cheesecake then get two more bowls and portion the mixture into three, melt some white, milk and dark chocolate and pour them into the bowls so you have a white chocolate mixture, a milk chocolate mixture and a dark chocolate mixture. Then layer your cheesecake with these three mixtures. Place one mixture in the cake tin and leave it in the fridge for a little while and then add the next mixture on top.
  • If you want a healthier cheesecake, well, you shouldn't be eating cheese. =p
Next up is Haystacks, a traditional Australian Seventh Day Adventist meal! (All my posts here will be vegetarian, but not necessarily vegan.)

Last edited:
Rice Pudding - Simple and Delicious
I had to write up a recipe for this in Indonesian for school....

Rice Pudding
Ingredients:
- 1L (4 cups) milk
- 165g (3/4 cup) medium-grain rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 220g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Method:
1. Place the milk, rice and salt in a large saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring, for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
2. Add the sugar and vanilla. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to the boil. Boil for a further 2 minutes or until the rice is soft and the mixture thickens.
3. Spoon the rice evenly among serving bowls. Sprinkle with nutmeg and serve immediately.

I recommend leaving it to cool for a bit (last time I had some, it was straight off the stove and burnt my tongue!)

For those weird people :D, the recipe in Indonesian:
Puding Beras:

Bahan-Bahan:
- 1L (4 cangkir) susu
- 165g (3/4 cangkir) beras
- 1/4 sendok garam
- 220g (1 cangkir) gula
- 1 sendok sari panili

Cara Masak:
1. Pertama, memasukkan susu, beras dan garam dalam panci bergagang besar atas madya-tinggi panas dan bisul. Mengurang panas ke madya-sedikit dan memasak, aduk-aduk, untuk 20 menit.

2. Kedua, tambahkan gula dan sari panili. Kenaikan panas ke madya-tinggi dan bisul. Bisul untuk 2 menit.

3. Ketiga, menghidangkan dan makan.

MARS BAR CHEESECAKE
(recipe given to me from Lona a few years back)
87Ai2Mo.jpg

INGREDIENTS
310g chocolate chip biscuits
75g butter, melted
2 tablespoons brown sugar
20g butter, extra
11/2 cups (375ml) cream
11/2 teaspoons gelatin
1/4 cup (60ml) water
500g cream cheese, chopped, softened
1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
2 x 53g Mars Bars, chopped finely
100g milk chocolate, chopped finely
1/4 cup (60ml) cream, extra

METHOD
1. Process biscuits until fine. Transfer biscuits to a medium bowl, stir in butter. Press mixture evenly over base and side of 20cm springform pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.2. Combine brown sugar, extra butter and 2 tablespoons of the cream in a small saucepan. Stir over medium heat, until sugar dissolves; simmer for 5 minutes.

2. Combine brown sugar, extra butter and 2 tablespoons of the cream in a small saucepan. Stir over medium heat, until sugar dissolves; simmer for 5 minutes.

3. Sprinkle gelatine over the water in a small heatproof jug; stand jug in a small saucepan of simmering water. Stir until dissolved.

4. Beat cream cheese and caster sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat remaining cream in a small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Stir slightly warm gelatine mixture into cream cheese mixture with the Mars Bars; fold in the whipped cream.

5. Pour 2 /3 of the cream cheese mixture onto the biscuit base in pan. Drizzle over 2 /3 of the butterscotch sauce. Swirl the mixture to distribute the butterscotch sauce. Repeat the process with remaining cream cheese mixture, butterscotch sauce.

6. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.

7. Meanwhile, combine chocolate and extra cream in a small saucepan; stir over low heat until smooth. Serve the cheesecake drizzled with milk chocolate sauce.Suitable to freeze. Chocolate mixture suitable to microwave.

Last edited:
Tortellini Alfredo

INGREDIENTS

1 1/2 cups heavy cream
2 tablespoons butter (better with unsalted butter)
Salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
9 ounces fresh tortellini (homemade or storebought)
1 1/2 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated (about 3/4 cup)
1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1 cup frozen peas, slightly thawed
1/4 cup chopped cooked ham

LE METHOD´IUEÈ

Bring 1 cup of the heavy cream and the butter to a simmer in a 3 to 4 quart saucepan over medium heat, reduce the heat to low and simmer gently until the mixture reduces to 2/3 cup, 12 to 15 minutes. Off the heat, stir in the remaining 1/2 cup cream, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper.

While the cream reduces, bring 4 1/2 quarts water to a rolling boil, covered, in a large stockpot or Dutch oven. Using a ladle or heatproof measuring cup, scoop about 1/2 cup boiling water into each serving bowl set the bowls aside to warm. Add 1 tablespoon salt and the pasta to the pot of boiling water, cook the pasta until just shy of al dente.

Meanwhile, return the cream mixture to a simmer over medium-high heat, reduce the heat to low and add the pasta, Parmesan, nutmeg, peas and ham to the cream mixture. Cook over low heat, tossing the pasta with tongs to combine, until the cheese is melted, the sauce coats the pasta, and the pasta is just al dente, 1 to 2 minutes. Working quickly, empty the serving bowls of the water, divide the pasta among the bowls, tossing the pasta to coat well with sauce.

Copied directly from a Recipe-book I own so the translation may be tad shit

I give you....
Lamb Ragu

5069c932d9127e30e400067b._w.540_h.371_s.fit_.jpg

Ingredients
  • 2-3 lbs lamb shoulder (cut into 1.5 inch chunks)
  • 2 onions - chopped
  • 2 carrots - sliced thin
  • 8 cloves of garlic - minced
  • 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 3 tbsp fresh sage - minced
  • olive oil
  • salt & pepper
  • bottle dry red wine (merlot, cabernet)

Process

Pat lamb dry with paper towl. Season liberally with salt and pepper, set aside while chopping remaining veggies.

Heat oven to 275 deg Fahrenheit

Coat the bottom of a large dutch oven (or other oven safe pot) with olive oil and heat over medium-high heat until shimmering. In two or three batches, brown the meat deeply on all sides (probably about 10 min per batch). Be sure not to crowd the pan, we want to brown the meat, not steam it. Place each batch in a bowl once it is browned.

Add a bit more oil to the pan and heat for a moment. Add the onion and saute until softened and translucent, 8-10 minutes. Add garlic and carrot and soften, about 7-8 min. Return meat with juices to the pan, and add rosemary, sage and bay leaves (or make an herb bouquet in a cheesecloth sac). Add about 2/3 of the red wine and bring to simmer. Allow to simmer for about 10 minutes or until the liquid has reduced by half. Season with salt and pepper.

Cover dish and put in preheated oven for at least 3 hours, but up to 4 or 5 (really the longer the better... the meat will only become more tender).

Remove dish from oven, remove bay leaves and rosemary sprigs (or herb bouquet). Serve hot over rice or noodles (egg noodles or bow tie work really well).

Enjoy!

All of these recipes are looking delicious! I really need to try them!
Being Shrove Tuesday, I had my hand at cooking on Google hangout. Trying to cook a scotch/Canadian/American Pancake for the first time which I served with maple syrup. :D Tasted fantastic. Might even have a video of this escapé to add later.

Ingredients
  • 135g plain flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 2 tbsp caster sugar
  • 130ml milk
  • 1 large egg, lightly beaten
  • 2 tbsp melted butter (allowed to cool slightly) or olive oil, plus extra for cooking
To serve
  • Maple syrup
Method
  1. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar into a large bowl. In a separate bowl or jug, lightly whisk together the milk and egg, then whisk in the melted butter.

2. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and, using a fork, beat until you have a smooth batter. Any lumps will soon disappear with a little mixing. Let the batter stand for a few minutes.

3. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add a knob of butter. This may spit at you.
    When it's melted, add a ladle of batter (or two if your frying pan is big enough to cook two pancakes at the same time). It will seem very thick but this is how it should be. Wait until the top of the pancake begins to bubble, then turn it over and cook until both sides are golden brown and the pancake has risen to about 1cm (½in) thick.
    This is damn fast by the way, if they look a bit too brown or almost burnt they still taste fine though! Just don't blacken of course.

4. Repeat until all the batter is used up.

5. Serve with maple syrup until saturated.

*snipped for length*

I've made a version of this many times. It's my family's favorite! This is my version:

Taco Soup

1 pound ground beef or turkey
1 package taco seasoning
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 can corn
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can navy beans
1 package ranch dressing mix (the powdered kind you mix up)

Cook the ground meat and drain any fat. Dump everything else in the pot and heat until hot. Don't drain the veggies or beans! That's what makes the base for the soup. :) Top with shredded cheese, chopped onion, and/or sour cream, or whatever else you might like on your favorite Mexican dish! It's really good with tortilla chips to dip in it or crushed on top. Also, the soup gets better over night.

Many times I'll sub in chili beans and pinto beans for the tomatoes and corn and just cut out the meat. It's one of the fastest and most filling meals I've made.

Haystacks
Australian Seventh Day Adventist dish. Basically nachos with salad.
  • Pot on the stove
    • Olive oil, so stuff doesn't burn
    • Mix a can of beans, a can of diced tomatoes and a can of Sanitarium Casserole Mince (look, I included measurements! The ratio is 1:1:1)
    • Add spices
    • Cook
  • Salad dishes, you will need a cutting board, knife and a grater
    • Shred the lettuce
    • Dice the fresh tomato
    • Grate some cheese
    • Grate some carrot
    • Dice some cucumber
    • Chuck some olives into a bowl, but make sure they don't have the pits in them
    • That's actually what I like in my salad. Queenslanders like to put a dark purple vegetable in called beetroot, it doesn't taste any good
  • Your Plate
    • chuck some Corn Chips on, yeah, these aren't great for your health, you could get bulk-buy cheap healthy ones although
    • some people like to crunch the chips up so they can elegantly eat this dish with a fork
    • spoon some of the mix you cooked on the stove onto your chips
    • Chuck the salads you want on top
Extras
  • Do you know what guacamole is, or sour cream? You might want some on your meal. =D
  • Reduced to a very basic recipe, salad (savoury fruits and vegetables) on top of sauce on top of a grain product (corn chips, ) is good.

Exactly that. :D For those that didn't see it in the Funny Pictures & Videos Thread. You can watch me wind up Ori while I flail about in the kitchen here.