• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

barteldvn's screenies+ screenshot tutorials

Just took this with your tips, turned out ok, though shaders was too foggy.
2017-03-31_07.59.25.png

Just took this with your tips, turned out ok, though shaders was too foggy.View attachment 8664
Yes that happens with a lot of shaders, cause somehow they don't imagin us having 128 render distance... I wonder why..

Anyways maybe try using some different shaders and look if the fog is better in some. Like seus maybe?

Also be sure to give me a message when you made a screenshot, I'm always happy to look at them ;D

Yes that happens with a lot of shaders, cause somehow they don't imagin us having 128 render distance... I wonder why..

Anyways maybe try using some different shaders and look if the fog is better in some. Like seus maybe?

Also be sure to give me a message when you made a screenshot, I'm always happy to look at them ;D

Thanks! SEUS can be a bit laggy though.

Hey ya'll ... I've been getting a lot of questions on how I get this insane render distance done, so I thought I'd explain it right here.

VERY SYSTEM DEMANDING!!!!!!!!
I hope you understand that your computer might not be able to handle this and that there's nothing to do about it.

Step 1 Install optifine
Optifine is a mod that allows you to run shaders, improves your fps rate and more,
you can download the installer from this website

Make sure you install the lates version!

Step 2 Add some more ram to your minecraft
This is very important because you won't be able to run this with less than 4 GB of Ram

If you don't know how to do this, open your minecraft launcher and go to 'launch options'

Select the version you use for the server and enable JVN arguments,
you probably have something like this in there.

-Xmx1G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn1G

The 1G stands for gigabyte, you should change it to

-Xmx5G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn5G

Or more, though there's a limit: your own pc has a certain amount of ram, you can't give more than that.
If you don't know how much you have I recommend using 5G if that goes well try higher.

Step 3 Now how to do it

Close all your mc windows, even your launcher!

• Go to %appdata% by searching it in windows
  • Go to .minecraft
  • Scroll down until you see 'optionsof'
  • Double click it
  • All the way at the top you'll see 'ofRenderDistanceChunks: 16'
  • Change this number to the amount of render distance you want
  • for example 80, but again keep in mind that your pc might not be able to handle this, especially not with shaders.
  • Save it!!
  • Open the minecraft launcher
  • Play!
I recommend playing around with the amount of render distance to see what your pc can handle.

Enjoy

Some warnings

Mc can crash a lot
Chunks can act weird: not load, disappear sometimes...
The best is to ignore it they'll load eventually unless you have too much loaded in.

For any further questions feel free to give me a message and I'll try to help you out!

Thank you so very much for this guide. Whilst I doubt my pc could handle more than render distance 32 it's nice to know how to increase the allotted ram so that it can properly render 32 render distance.

Some screenshots again, been missing to do them, these are some older ones and some new ones.

Csvrhop.jpg

GQyNToq.jpg

knhE7a8.jpg

a6Vp8rA.jpg

2HZqVy6.jpg
MhtQGaK.jpg
yxC2jDr.jpg

QFWcLam.jpg
6tTxxnp.jpg
OwPygIR.jpg

People sometimes under estimate how much time I spent on these shots, I make sure to not make any chunks visible and make it all nice loaded in, no planning or not complete areas... all to give you the best shots of an area ;)

Still taking requests anything you want to see in shaders 8K, 90 render distance, you say so

Some screenshots again, been missing to do them, these are some older ones and some new ones.

Csvrhop.jpg

GQyNToq.jpg

knhE7a8.jpg

a6Vp8rA.jpg

2HZqVy6.jpg
MhtQGaK.jpg
yxC2jDr.jpg

QFWcLam.jpg
6tTxxnp.jpg
OwPygIR.jpg

People sometimes under estimate how much time I spent on these shots, I make sure to not make any chunks visible and make it all nice loaded in, no planning or not complete areas... all to give you the best shots of an area ;)

Still taking requests anything you want to see in shaders 8K, 90 render distance, you say so
That's incredible. Can I request a mega render of Moria West Gate and obviously the area around it (Misty Mountains)? I know that it will take a long time and I appreciate that, but I'm sure the result will be worth it.

One problem with having glass re-textured as arrow slits/arches is, as seen in the Dol Amroth gate pic, they shine with the shaders.

Okay people, I'm in the process of making new screenshots again finally, with my promotion to artist I have acces to spectator mode, which will give me some new possibilities. The reason to why I'm so late is because I had some busy weeks, but I realised school is less important than MCME so.. I got a bit of time now.

@RubenPieterMark
Your request shall be in the next pile of screenies, sorry for the delay..

Any other requests hmu :)

Hello there

I'm finally back with screenshots and excited for doing them, I got some today for you, but I plan on doing more extreme renders...

Here they are no more delay all 8K btw ;)

rNTPeTJ.jpg

5AEknGi.jpg
HT0iYkU.jpg
YUpNn4Z.jpg

CSXkR8G.jpg
bLn4Tdd.jpg
wdWC2jl.jpg

v2v3zw5.jpg

X1eVsrS.jpg

lBZIVhy.jpg
wW9QncV.jpg

vpu52WT.jpg
0McJpTg.jpg

coGZ4Tt.jpg

1gCHwer.jpg

I made some screenshots of Tb's I felt that deserved attention tell me what you think?

Tutorial coming soon on 8k screenies :)

Last edited:
Woops seems like I haven't been here for a while (2 months to be precise)
So I thought I'd try adding some more screenshots to this dump.

cHRf9UT.jpg
fZFbXn6.jpg

POUDlxk.jpg

AeodgvD.jpg
DYDKWxL.jpg

R7edknK.png

jzypDYH.jpg

jj33Ji7.jpg

l7k2NsS.png

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Woops seems like I haven't been here for a while (2 months to be precise)
So I thought I'd try adding some more screenshots to this dump.

cHRf9UT.jpg
fZFbXn6.jpg

POUDlxk.jpg

AeodgvD.jpg
DYDKWxL.jpg

R7edknK.png

jzypDYH.jpg

jj33Ji7.jpg

l7k2NsS.png

Enjoy!
Can I like these twice?

Also pls pls pls more Moria screenshots that one is great.

I've been trying to be a bit more original with my screenshots, as I have posted some allready on discord, I will post them here aswel with a few others.

MgyEkKw.jpg

odBsm7W.jpg

xxXVsrj.png
JjzhdOK.jpg
aPc2DV7.jpg

qIxYUfX.jpg
UYZtwkN.jpg

R9fckt1.jpg

I have some stuff I really want to try out for future screenshots, so let's hope I find the time and will to get on with them.

Last edited:
Hello there, since I would like to keep you guys updated on that stuff I wanted to try out, here are some more previews, some of you may have seen them allready on discord.

OwMKxI2.png

59Vpdd6.png

qC24ioH.png
8uveJDw.png

F87AiEO.png

uwGi0nM.png
2l3cOHs.png

I'm really happy with this new shader and other new methods I'm using for these screenshots. My next goal is to get finally a nice shot of Rivendell, we'll see how that turns out....

Heya I'm here again (just got back from my 4 days city trip to Amsterdam) So I though of dumping some of the screenshots I made during the last 4 months.

S6heoVa.png

Q96G01C.png
kenFz27.png
Zwwc68a.png

rSikjdQ.png

lHluUKU.png

yva2wEx.png
fzqIoeA.png
9ypLXD5.png

I know a lot of them are sun set/rise but I kinda liked them, so excuse me for all the orangeness.