• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Cancelled Bean327's Artist Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bean327

Expert Stream Digger
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
Date:
May 2, 2020 (ignoring a brief stint in 2014/15)

Jobs:
May 2 - Birdo7 with Birdo - worked on the western gatehouse interior
May 7 - Undopriv with Birdo - Thinning and blockmixing the western wall
May 22- Great_cavern with Bart - Stalactites and stalagmites in the great cavern
May 22 - osgowall3 with Bart - Block mixing on southeastern Osgo wall
May 27 - Mithtrees with Mith - Shrubs and stuff (i did one or two other shrub jobs but idk which ones)
Jun 12 - Moria with Bart - Miscellaneous jobs near great cavern
Jun 14 - Mithtrial with Mith - Sign replacement
Aug 3 - Osgo_walls with Birdo - Private job over 3 days, planning out the new osgo wall shape with wool
Aug 7 - col1 with Bart - Stalactites
Aug 8 - col2 with Bart - Stalactites
Aug 8 - Maskiriver with Maski (and X) - Riverbed stuff
Aug 9 - col3 with Bart - Stalactites
Aug 29 - col5 with Bart - Stalactites
Aug 30 - Rogueriver with Rogue (and x) - Riverbank block mixing
Nov 6th - Private path job with Birdo near Osgiliath

Plotbuilds:

House interior for Thamso in Mershy Mine: -4946, 10, -8835
House with 3 others for Mershy in Mershy Mine: -4914 9 -8817 (no pics because I honestly have no idea which rooms i did, that plot was a confusing mess)

House with Llama for Mershy in Mershy Mine: -4961, 5, -8806
House for Mershy in Mershy Mine: -4976, 5, -8737 (This house has since been deleted/moved, sad times)
Mining area for Rwyland in Mershy Upper Mines: -4876 45 -8470
House for Rwyland in Upper Mines: -4895, 33, -8406
Platform for Rwyland in Upper Mines: -4881, 47, -8438
Whitesmith/Jeweller for Mershy in Upper Mines: -4731, 32, -8531
Two river plots for Xmine: 4928, 16, 2446 and 5425, 31, 2563
Two platforms for Badger in Upper Mines: -4760, 29, -8615
Two houses for Mershy in Harlond: 7843, 25, 4622
Walls outside Osgo for Badger: 7908, 19,3620

Themed-builds:
Old Mill: 153, 11, 47386 - An older theme, which I recently returned to and finished
Castle: 2018, 5, 48024 - Really cramped, and lacking detail tbh, but has some good aspects imo - Good practice for my freebuild castle

Additional Builds:
Freebuild Castle: -4275, 37, -3505 - My biggest project, a castle (inspired by Corfe castle in the UK). Will probably be building more houses in the lower wards of the castle in future updates.
Vault - Built pretty much all the terrain at the vault, can go check out the vault if you want to see more
DDay - Built all the terrain for Johny's DDay pvp map

Moria concepts - I was inspired by Daom/Mershy's COL concepts, so I made my own copy, and set about with a couple of experiments of my own.
Caerphilly Castle: A WIP recreation of Caerphilly castle in Wales. Work so far has focused on planning and terrain (oh so much terrain...), with WE help from llama, johny and badger to raise the walls and fill the lakebeds. Next steps are to replace the walls with block mixed stone, and add a gradient.

Your Interests:
I'm interested in all styles, particularly dwarven and anorien as these are the ones I've had most exposure to. However, I'm open to learning any and all new styles I come across. I'm also partial to some terrain, as shown by my grass block stats. My own freebuild endeavours focus mainly on medieval castles, and I plan on recreating some of my favourite castles in future.

Your Motivation:
I got unbanned from the server in May this year, and the community has really taken up a big role in my life these last few months. Exploring and building on the server has reignited my love for Tolkien, and a passion for building too. I took part in a job on my first day back on the server, and the feeling of contributing to this world was one that I loved. My aim with this application is to allow myself to help more freely with the building, and have more creative input into the server. Also, tp and gm 3 would be nice :p

Last edited:
Update - 29/12/2020:
Added plots:
Two river plots for Xmine: 4928, 16, 2446 and 5425, 31, 2563

Two platforms for Badger in Upper Mines: -4760, 29, -8615

Added additional builds:
Caerphilly Castle: A WIP recreation of Caerphilly castle in Wales. Work so far has focused on planning and terrain (oh so much terrain...), with WE help from llama, johny and badger to raise the walls and fill the lakebeds. Next steps are to replace the walls with block mixed stone, and add a gradient.

Last edited:
Update - 05/11/2021:
Not quite a full year since my last post, big W! Restarting my app as I'm gonna be spending quite a lot of time on the server this year ignoring my lectures.

Added plots:
Two houses for Mershy (not yet approved) in Harlond: 7843, 25, 4622

Walls outside Osgo for Badger: 7908, 19, 3620

Updated river plots with pictures of the final result:

Updated Caerphilly with actual blocks on the walls, great hall complex, built the mill (and lowered the terrain below the dams to accommodate this), redid all the terrain below the dams. Next step with this one is gonna be moe buildings, interiors for all the towers, paths, block mixing and veg on the terrain (probably only on the inner parts of the castle, there isn't enough time in the world to that for all the terrain)

Status
Not open for further replies.