• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

In Progress Beds

How should we use these new bed textures?

• All beds

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Mostly beds and some furniture

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • 1/2 beds and 1/2 furniture

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Some beds but mostly furniture

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • All furniture (srsly?)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fireinferno13

One Of Us, One of Us
Commoner
Credits
XP
Filename: entity/bed/color.png
Resource Pack: Eriador, Rohan, Gondor, and partial application in Loth, Moria, Mordor
Texture description: Bed color variants
Has this texture already been used? Literally everywhere
FXVGJFQ.png

As per the request of a certain Mr @Finrod_Amandil , the addition of 12 bed color variants has sparked the need for some new textures. Currently, I have designed 12 color/style variants that can be used. With my first swing at it, I have simply designed each of the 12 corresponding color variants (which you can see above matched with the respective wool color). This includes oak frames, birch frames, and fur pelts. Critique is appreciated.

@RubenPieterMark brought up the idea of using some bed textures as furniture, which I agree with, as not all of these colors go with the feel of LotR/we need the textures. Please let me know what you think in the poll, here is my current thoughts:
  • Beds
    • Definitely Keep: white, light blue, grey, cyan, blue, brown, green, red (8)
  • Furniture
    • Tables: oak x2, birch (3)
    • Other?

Filename: entity/bed/color.png
Resource Pack: Eriador, Rohan, Gondor, and partial application in Loth, Moria, Mordor
Texture description: Bed color variants
Has this texture already been used? Literally everywhere
FXVGJFQ.png

As per the request of a certain Mr @Finrod_Amandil , the addition of 12 bed color variants has sparked the need for some new textures. Currently, I have designed 12 color/style variants that can be used. This includes oak frames, birch frames, and fur pelts.

@RubenPieterMark brought up the idea of using some bed textures as furniture, which I agree with, as not all of these colors go with the feel of LotR/we need the textures. Please let me know what you think in the poll, here is my current thoughts:
  • Beds
    • Definitely Keep: white, light blue, grey, cyan, blue, brown, green, red (8)
  • Furniture
    • Tables: oak x2, birch (3)
    • Other?
Maybe whicker and clothed chairs, and slabs for certain road blocks

Hmm yeah 1-2 low tables would be interesting indeed, but as they'd be quite low I would not make too many. Would be a pretty luxurious piece of furniture as not overly practical.

@RubenPieterMark we've got all slabs already and the seats we'll have as itemblocks

Oh and I just found it it gives even two times more blockstates: also occupied or not, so 16(colors) x 4(rotations) x 2(halves) x 2(occupation) = 256 :eek:
I'm working on some variations btw, like strawbed and more realistic dyes.

Here's my first version of the strawbed:
sYv1Ccj.png

I used made some wood textures for this which I quite like, a very weathered gray wood:
upload_2017-7-7_13-58-44.png
, and painted planks:
upload_2017-7-7_13-59-51.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-7-7_13-58-7.png
    upload_2017-7-7_13-58-7.png
    5 KB · Views: 371
Last edited:
Oh and I just found it it gives even two times more blockstates: also occupied or not, so 16(colors) x 4(rotations) x 2(halves) x 2(occupation) = 256 :eek:
I'm working on some variations btw, like strawbed and more realistic dyes.
Unfortunately, no. As of 1.12 Beds are TileEntities like Chests and Shulker Boxes. This means two things:
  • We cannot change the shape of the bed anymore as there is no more configurable model file
  • We cannot change which model is applied to which blockstate.
We really only can change the texture. This may also make it tricky to do your idea @Eldar_Telcontar using beds, as theres no way to achieve this shape...

Here are the colored bed textures:
Rd79uQi.png
fH2yImW.png
ErTAi82.png
waIOKiu.png
8CqKFn2.png
Y6sHfPH.png
fDk57AC.png

FVu60qh.png
UP2VZVW.png
utXlQOs.png
fxrHwlf.png
dKXEKZg.png
tJP4NVx.png
36Zm2MR.png

As well as the animal skin textures:
q5kk4c0.png
zsWrTfb.png

All the beds in Rohan are default colours now.
Once we implement the bed textures this is an easy fix.

Pic related is a "Klinai" which is basically a Roman sofa for reclining and eating on. Could look good in Gondor or possibly some Elven locations? I think it would fit in with the surroundings rather well. :)
I tried a couple bench variations:
TXzQ0BS.png
0IWlEX5.png
Sqt2fqg.png
JKjADsm.png

Last edited:
Here's my first version of the strawbed:
sYv1Ccj.png

I used made some wood textures for this which I quite like, a very weathered gray wood: View attachment 9360, and painted planks: View attachment 9361
I tried your texture in game and it looked a little odd. Here are my alternate versions of your texture:
EpDk2pE.png
zb3Islv.png

(sorry for double post, hit the 20 image max in the last one)

It should just be a case of updating the Rohan pack right Fire? This is my attempt at a "fancy" bed, obviously I'm not as good as you guys but i think it's a good concept.

Attachments

• lime.png
    lime.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 381