• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

Biome specific textures 1.8 for Rohan pack (Ideas)

would biome dependent blocks be a neat addon for this server?

• Total voters

BRASHEXODUS

Yellow Flower Puncher
Credits
XP
Just a quick demonstration of the use of biome specific textures on any block of your choosing using optifines ctm method. works well only did a few block to test out how it will connect and look.
These textures won't remove the original textures. the original textures can still spawn with the certain biomes left for that specific block.

Filename: Iron_bar
Resource Pack: Rohan
Texture description:net
Has this texture already been used? If not, where will it be used? for decoration purposes/ for fishermen,ect.
Texture image:
UhePCrK.png
Ingame Image:
ocIJPJW.png

Filename: Iron_bar
Texture description:clothing
Has this texture already been used? If not, where will it be used? for decoration purposes/for interiors
Texture image:
myJKzjA.png
Ingame Image:
AuXFPIG.png

Filename: cobweb
Texture description:smoke
Has this texture already been used? If not, where will it be used? for fires,chimneys, as well as fields that got done with burning crops.
Texture image:
heVb7Lp.png
Ingame Image:
L1Nvu8P.png

Texture description:rope
Has this texture already been used? If not, where will it be used? for support upon housing,cranes,ships, levers and pulleys.
Texture image;
gOjkVom.png
Ingame Image:
A8Cjn1F.png

Texture description:Flies
Has this texture already been used? If not, where will it be used? for outdoor/indoor use such as chamberpots, smelly areas. and swamps,rotten foods.
Texture image;
eT4u9e6.png
Ingame Image:
QnnXLpm.png

Texture description:butterflies
Has this texture already been used? If not, where will it be used? outdoors. around flowers open airs, give natural beauty towards landscapes.
Texture image;
hrRfJm9.png
Ingame Image:
jl7FJ0x.png

Are these textures made by you or not?
oh sorry for the late reply. they are. using photoshop and paint.net. for the clothing you just change the color tones. i still need help editing and adding blocks. these came from my old pack called beautycraft which is a 32x32 res so i had to change the res to 16x16 to fit the theme of the packs used on this server sadly

I think this sounds cool; we would just need to make sure it didn't interfere with plant life occupying the same x-z space, and to make sure that it doesn't cause the grass to look strangely dappled with multiple colors.

I think this sounds cool; we would just need to make sure it didn't interfere with plant life occupying the same x-z space, and to make sure that it doesn't cause the grass to look strangely dappled with multiple colors.
it is a bit tedious due to the biomes patchy grass. but sometimes it makes it look a bit more lively.

Even if biome specific cannot be used, these are pretty cool just on their own.
It would be awesome if it was implimented. right now im going through the pack and updating some textures. also giving some of the hardened clays some more hobbit feel to it. as well as the stained glass. only got 3 textures done so far lol but more to come. also working on a white picket fence from the iron bars. what else should be added?

Sorry I did not reply to this yet!
Your textures are very cool, especially the clothes I love!

Regarding the idea of biome-dependant textures, tbh I didn't even know that was possible so far! The problem there is a bit with it is, that it only works with Optifine. To make it as easy as possible for everyone, we are a strictly vanilla server (client side), so that would rather not work. But as said above, we can well use your textures, just putting them on other blocks, for that net and the clothes we can use some stained glass. The particles (smoke/bees/flies) is something we never tried before, so that would require some more thought whether and how we may be able to use it. The rope texture however may in fact even replace our current texture which is far more simplistic.
Then regarding the pack: Rohan is completed already and currently it would be kinda unnecessary to go over all rohirric builds again just to involve a few more textures, but the other packs may well be able to use your textures! I'll look into it in the next few days if that's okay for you :D

you could always have the server announce or on the forums/pmc announcing the use of optifines ctm textures for a full experience. also i'll keep the file sizes down so everyone could load the content. and sure. I was just using rohan as a base since there is still vanilla blocks for red sadnstone, all the other stones. and most of the hardened clays as well as the windows. also i made only two 3d models for now of the beacon and the item frame

@Finrod_Amandil - I think that both the clothing line and iron bar textures (both to replace a specific glass pane) would be really good additions to all of the RPs. Thoughts?

Since we dont use the optifine texture aspect to include multiple textures per block, it might be somewhat difficult to implement the others as cobwebs tho :/

@Finrod_Amandil - I think that both the clothing line and iron bar textures (both to replace a specific glass pane) would be really good additions to all of the RPs. Thoughts?

Since we dont use the optifine texture aspect to include multiple textures per block, it might be somewhat difficult to implement the others as cobwebs tho :/
yes for the cobweb block since there wont be a biome specific usage you are only limited to that vertical chain. so no cobwebbed items for that block. also the clothing won't really tile correctly if used on the glass/stained glass pane since you'll have to have a block connecting to it over and over again.

yes for the cobweb block since there wont be a biome specific usage you are only limited to that vertical chain. so no cobwebbed items for that block. also the clothing won't really tile correctly if used on the glass/stained glass pane since you'll have to have a block connecting to it over and over again.
white stained glass is in most packs invisible, that may fix the latter problem, else you may just have clothing lines from house to house and then make it connect to the houses.

white stained glass is in most packs invisible, that may fix the latter problem, else you may just have clothing lines from house to house and then make it connect to the houses.
i don't think it should be imported since not in use with ctm. since you'll have to tile three or more different glass panes to make it believable.