• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted Bohemian_Beetle's Artist Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bohemian_Beetle

Slab Fanatic
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
Date Joined:
18th May 2015

Jobs and Plot Builds:
Please note that I have participated in very few jobs (one) on account of my inactive time zone. However now that I am willing to put dedication towards becoming an artist, I will be joining more jobs, plotbuilds and artist school events in the future whenever I can. So watch this space please!
- Road widening from near Amon Din to Cair Andros with Rogue_Scholar (26th November 2020).

Themed Builds:
- Ruined Anorien village (-1724, 46744; updated 20th April 2020). My first build on MCME so I'm not particularly proud of it but it's okay. Buildings inspired by those from Dol Caranthan.
- Gatehouse (-386, 47056; updated 4th May 2020). Inspiration from Ethring and Calembel.
- Old mill (581, 47400; updated 28th May 2020). Intended to be a wheat farm and mill from The Shire.
- Elendil's tomb or Halifirien (-2477, 52736; updated 16th November 2020). A mostly lore-accurate depiction of Halifirien, as Tolkien described the hill to be surrounded by birch trees but bare on top except for a mound in memorial of Elendil after his body was moved to Minas Tirith. There is also lodgings for the beacon-keepers built into the hill. The forest took an age to build...
- City street (-663, 52966; updated 23rd November 2020). I'd been building mainly in Gondor and Eriador styles so I changed it up and built an Edoras street.
- Bag End (128, 53221; updated 7th December 2020). A reimagining of Bag End featuring an arbour and a fully furnished interior.
- River/Stream (-339, 53367; updated 14th December 2020). Twas good for practicing terrain building with a small southern Gondor village on top of a hill.

Additional Builds:
- Working on a large-ish project in Freebuild so I'll update this later.

Interests:
I enjoy building natural elements including terrain, trees, rivers, cliffs and vegetation details. Not entirely sure if this is what I'm good at or not but I enjoy it. Other than this, I enjoy building in Gondorian and Rohirric styles but need practice with Dwarven architecture.

Motivation:
I've been on the MCME server for a while and over this time the scale and quality of the builds in this world have inspired and challenged me. It would be an honour to be a part of this fantastic project which brings the imaginings of an author into a reality which people can walk through and experience. Obviously my application is nowhere near as full as others I've seen but I'm dedicated to participating more and learning all I can along the way.

Thank you for your consideration!

Last edited:
Hey Bohemian beetle
Gondorian orchard:

- Stone in wooden bridge? (General rule: No stone on top of wood)
- The shape of the bridge makes little sense /\/\ with no support in the middle.

- Try choosing a specific style for your house, poor vs middle class vs rich
- Poor: Way smaller house, maybe even all wooden, no sandstone
- Middle class: Smaller sandstone house with wooden elements (top floor maybe wooden)
- Rich house: Slightly bigger (in footprint) sandstone house with barely any wood. (Maybe for shutters, holding up roof tiles) and floors inside the house)
- General: Houses usually aren't very tall if they're not in a city or town.

- The sandstone under the roof to hold the tiles up is unrealistic seeing the rest of the house is supported by wooden beams. (General rule: No stone on top of wood)

UPDATE

Themed Builds:

- Tharbad (-1256, 55160; updated 27th February 2021). Ruins of the city of Tharbad with a tower, bridge, city court and assorted buildings. How I imagine the city would have looked after being abandoned for 100 years after the flood of TA 2912.

Last edited:
Hey Bohemian! Doing well with your app so far, some interesting builds as well as some custom terrain which is always nice to see. One of the things I would say if to definitely get out of your comfort zone and try some more dwarven/moria builds. At the moment, you have done a plot for badger which is quite nice and is well made, but maybe try to expand and try some more ideas in freebuild. Possibly some of your own ideas, we can always paste in some terrain for you to experiment with. Also there's a newer style being created in Westgate which could be interesting to also try out. If you visit Westgate, have a look at some of the halls there and you could try some concept layouts and some interior detailing.

Let me know if you have any questions or need some help, any of the designers are happy to help!

UPDATE

Themed Builds:

- Amon Hen (1387, 56010; updated 23rd March 2021). Seat of Seeing with a little bit of surrounding forest. I haven't covered the entire hill with trees because tbh that would be a waste of time, so just imagine this style of forest covering the hill. It's about quality, not quantity!

Make the trees bigger compared to the structure, they do be really small atm, also maybe some nicer veg around the structure would looks cool aswell

UPDATE

Jobs/Plotbuilds:

- Helped out maski98 with this road/path outside Linhir. We were giving it a revamp and attempting to gradient it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.